The new Ryoma D-1 Maxima Thread

gocchin

these are all authentic? looks like they are coming from china..

http://www.aliexpres...atId=0&manual=y

They look ok from my limited knowledge at this point but I would say these are probably stolen while the factory was producing test samples. If you care about performance at all you want to wait for the real thing. If Ryoma was happy with it's performance they would have released it already.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buyer Beware

All the clubs on that site are def. coming from China

100% clone-fake-knock offs

Illegal

Quality? No - Warranty? No

Guys, like i point out before, the item not only available in china site, but several site on japan.

i posted the link here before, then my post gone...

it complete with serial number. so its legit ryoma property. but stolen i guess.....

as far as i know all ryoma head are from china, im not against it at all, i own 4 ryoma head and i think its a very good driver head.

i have to agree to beware on the quality issue, if ryoma delays it, it means there still issue,

it happens to my special tune, even tou i got it after release date, still there is some flaws out of it.

luckily tario is very helpful and i got a replacement warranty in no time.

very curious how can they impove the old beast tou...

Edited by valante

• 2 weeks later...

gocchin please........please....pis......pis.......

To update you all on the Ryoma Maxima, they are running into supply issues just as they did with the Special Tuning model.

We have too keep in mind that Ryoma is a small company and demand for their drivers have always exceeded supply.

We are trying everything we can to get the drivers early, but Ryoma has made it clear that the first priority goes to the domestic market here in Japan.

They have already told me the V and G models are behind schedule for launch and only the shafted D model will be ready for end of April.

In the mean time their promo video is up as well as new images.

They have made design changes which I will translate and write up in the next few days.

post-8383-0-01344300-1364215597.jpg

Cant seem to get into the link f1 provided. Seems lots of anticipation on the 3 models - love my D1, not sure if anything can beat it.

Are the 3 models all legal ?

Thanks

The new Maxima is very appealing! Can't wait to try it. I hope they can get it out soon!

I know there's alot of talk about the heads from China going around... It's best to wait it out for the final product. Ryoma does alot of testing and will release it once they are sure its performance and quality are in tune. Most of the time you can tell a big difference in performance if you compare the final product to a fake or "premature" product.

The new Maxima is very appealing! Can't wait to try it. I hope they can get it out soon! I know there's alot of talk about the heads from China going around... It's best to wait it out for the final product. Ryoma does alot of testing and will release it once they are sure its performance and quality are in tune. Most of the time you can tell a big difference in performance if you compare the final product to a fake or "premature" product.

If you look at the microsite and the stats that they have posted, they must have obtained that with a finished product.

If you look at the microsite and the stats that they have posted, they must have obtained that with a finished product.

We work directly with Ryoma's president. TSG sold more Ryoma drivers than anyone else globally so we do know what's going on.

They have working prototypes but they don't have any final production clubs in yet there is a 50/50 chance it could be delayed even further beyond the date Ryoma has announced for Japan.

When the original D-1 was released they had many issues like differences between production batches and some of the faces not holding up to really big swing speeds. It's not an easy driver to produce being it's a monocoque body with a 60 gram booster in the rear.

I'm excited for this club, they are doing new things to it, thing that I want out of a driver.

cant wait for it - but as someone here mentioned, the d1 set very high expectations.

any ref price point ?

Just saw the video and the it seems this head has a more penetrating trajectory and shallow angle of descent so the distance gain is a result of more roll.

Got a kick of out watching the fairway wood demonstration towards the end :)

more penetrating flight...is that possible???

Their explanation about the flatter trajectory and more roll is so intriguing.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a customer who couldn't wait and ordered a V from some online site without reading this topic that the V & G are having production issues which is the reason for the delay.

He contacted the site he bought it from and tried to get a refund with no luck then came to TSG for help.

We Contacted Ryoma and all the V & G's floating around should have been trashed for some sort of issue at the factory but some were stolen.

Be careful what you buy and from where gents.

We had a customer who couldn't wait and ordered a V from some online site without reading this topic that the V & G are having production issues which is the reason for the delay.

He contacted the site he bought it from and tried to get a refund with no luck then came to TSG for help.

We Contacted Ryoma and all the V & G's floating around should have been trashed for some sort of issue at the factory but some were stolen.

Be careful what you buy and from where gents.

Yikes!! Thanks for the info Chris. This is good to know.

Once the formal release versions are available, will you have them in your proshop as head only ?

Ryoma actually has a warning on their site about counterfeit and stolen heads including the Maxima. Apparently some have even surfaced in places like Singapore so buyer beware,

The Type D will launch first end of April but Ryoma is having production delays with the V and G.

Those will come in May.

I speak to Ryoma every week and they have seen unbelievable growth over the last year, to the point where they are actually having difficulty handling the demand.

Because of this they even requested we wait on the heads as they want to make sure they can supply the domestic market first. This kind of sucks and we have pleaded with them on numerous occasions but their president still sees Japan as the focal point of their business for them.

We just have to wait patiently till we can get our hands on them.

Apart from the shaft length and colour, what is the main difference of the D, V and G models.

Edited by ukok

Apart from the shaft length and colour, what is the main difference of the D, V and G models.

From what I can decifer, mainly head weight with the v being the heaviest. Not sure I there is a difference in face material for the g model like the premia but from the microsite, does not seem like it. The g model like the premia also plays to 46.5 I think while the other 2 play to 45.25.

Edited by wmclarenf1

• 2 weeks later...

As per website ... (and my poor english) 24/04 is the launching date?! Or open orders date?!

http://www.ryomagolf.co.jp/products/maxima/typeD.html

As per website ... (and my poor english) 24/04 is the launching date?! Or open orders date?!

http://www.ryomagolf.co.jp/products/maxima/typeD.html

It was supposed to be released yesterday in Japan but it wasn't. Possibly another delay? Gotta love Ryoma they keep me waiting with anticipation.

How much better could it really be? The original is pretty awesome..