Women and Shoes, and Understanding Stew (at least a little)

kaaayelll

A few years ago, I started playing ice hockey again after about 20 years off. Naturally, I needed new equipment (especially since things that were once foam were now dust), and the gear head in me was excited. I tried tons of stuff, looking for just the right gear. Generally, I focused on one piece of equipment at a time - skates, elbow pads, shoulder pads, gloves, etc. - until I found just what I wanted. My filter was, I wanted it to function effectively and I didn't want to be conscious of it on the ice. As time went by, I got my bag set - everything just how I wanted it. A funny thing happened, though. I started tinkering a bit - a different curve or flex for my stick, another color of the same gloves, multiple pairs of the just-right elbow pads. At the time, I wondered why I needed different sticks, more than one color pair of gloves, etc. The reality was, I didn't REALLY need them, I just kind of wanted them. Finally, in full-on justification mode, I realized, if my wife can have an over-price pair of shoes and pocket book for every mood and outfit, why shouldn't I have different sticks and gloves for how I'm feeling on a particular day.

Well, let's just say the same thing is happening with golf now that I've picked the game up again. I've always been a research-to-death-to-find-the-perfect-thing kind of guy. But, there's definitely a freedom in coming to grips with experimentation. Do I need a set of Hogan Apex, MacGregor VIPs, Kenneth Smith Royal Signets, Yonex Ezone, Yururi Flat Back, Miura 5002, and maybe a forth coming set of Baby Blades. No, but on those days I'm feeling a little raw, strong, refined, traditional, or masochistic, I'll be glad I have them.

I can't quite see myself with your collection, Stew, but I'm starting to understand the method to your madness just a bit. And, my golf closet might just get its own revolving door. I don't look good in red pumps, so I gotta do something. ;)

Finally, someone that makes sense to me.... thanks for making my day.

However in the tittle mentioning understanding Stew...

I thought it was going to be about the way he types.

:tsg_smiley_cyclops:

Finally, someone that makes sense to me.... thanks for making my day.

However in the tittle mentioning understanding Stew...

I thought it was going to be about the way he types.

:tsg_smiley_cyclops:/>

Hahaha I thought the same.

So did i

Im so bad i upset ,myself

But yes hoing is good

Hoing works

The comstant drip drip drip of boxes arriving is comforting to the soul

The arriving of the boxes definitely comforting to the our soul but is the keeping of all the empties for eventual re-sales the really drives the wife crazy.