Graphite Design DI-6 and MD-7 AWESOME but want lower trajectory

fairwayfinder

I've been playing the DI6 for the last year and I hit it very good, but high in my new Adams Speeedline S. I just received a MD-7 and played it yesterday and hit it even higher than the DI.

I was hoping the the MD-7 would feel like the DI and go a loft lower but it felt even BETTER and went even higher. I hit some very very long drives, probably longer than I've ever hit yesterday.

I want to try another GDIntl shaft that feels the same but launches lower. Is the BB the answer? I like the feel of the MD more than the DI6.

I've been playing the DI6 for the last year and I hit it very good, but high in my new Adams Speeedline S. I just received a MD-7 and played it yesterday and hit it even higher than the DI.

I was hoping the the MD-7 would feel like the DI and go a loft lower but it felt even BETTER and went even higher. I hit some very very long drives, probably longer than I've ever hit yesterday.

I want to try another GDIntl shaft that feels the same but launches lower. Is the BB the answer? I like the feel of the MD more than the DI6.

Bb has a higher kick point amd lower spin than both those shafts.mYES go for it

The DI Shaft is a high launch Shaft by design. The BB Shaft will launch lower with a less spin rate and a good roll out. BUT, the best Shaft for low launch, outstanding dispersion, low spin and it feels good too, is the Graphite Design 9003 Series. I found the" P9003x" was the best of all the 9003 Series Shafts and it does not feel like an "X" at all. Smooth, long and deadly accurate with a penetrating ball flight.

The P9003x is a venerable warrior that has been a winning Shaft for several TSG'ers and some PGA Tour Players. The PGA Tour thing is just a " throw in" as there is so much money thrown at those guys they would play with a broom stick shaft for the $$$$ but we can choose our own shot result orientated Shaft. Couple the P9003x with low spin rate ball and you can tear the ears off a rabbit at 150 yards...further, the P9003x does not balloon even into the wind and that I can verify as I live in Texas where the wind is always a factor....

Most of the modern Driver heads today are designed to launch high, then couple that with a high launch Shaft and moon shots are not out of the question, so the GD "BB" Series, the MD-7x and the winner P9003x are three low launch Shafts that sparkle.

The DI Shaft is a high launch Shaft by design. The BB Shaft will launch lower with a less spin rate and a good roll out. BUT, the best Shaft for low launch, outstanding dispersion, low spin and it feels good too, is the Graphite Design 9003 Series. I found the" P9003x" was the best of all the 9003 Series Shafts and it does not feel like an "X" at all. Smooth, long and deadly accurate with a penetrating ball flight.

The P9003x is a venerable warrior that has been a winning Shaft for several TSG'ers and some PGA Tour Players. The PGA Tour thing is just a " throw in" as there is so much money thrown at those guys they would play with a broom stick shaft for the $$$$ but we can choose our own shot result orientated Shaft. Couple the P9003x with low spin rate ball and you can tear the ears off a rabbit at 150 yards...further, the P9003x does not balloon even into the wind and that I can verify as I live in Texas where the wind is always a factor....

Most of the modern Driver heads today are designed to launch high, then couple that with a high launch Shaft and moon shots are not out of the question, so the GD "BB" Series, the MD-7x and the winner P9003x are three low launch Shafts that sparkle.

I'm gonna have to disagree a little on the P9003x. Don't get me wrong. I love the shaft and have two of them in active rotation. One in a Miura MD390 driver and the other in a Kamui Ray 3wd. I had gotten the P9003 originally for the Yonex 380, had it in some RC club and had ballooning issues with it. Conversely, had a Crazy FW80 shaft in the Kamui originally and could not get enough spin out of the combination so put the P9003x in it and get some phenomenal bombs out of the pairing. So my experience with the P9003x is not one of low piercing trajectories but rather mid-high - higher launched bombs.

I agree that it is does not carry the SS req. that the stigma of the shaft promotes. Potuna had a couple of quality cracks with it and he was surprised the he could handle it...

It is a marvelous shaft, but the reviews of the BB would lean me to recommend it over the P9003 in this instance.

goodsie....... ,

u speeka- my -langauage.

agre totally.

he BB i find is lower than all.

tje p9003x is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast.

this hting is the no .one cut ur driver short shaft for control there is.

I have to side with Goodsie on this one. I've never experienced anything high with the P9003x ever. I've got in my 3 wood, in my 10.5 Yonex and 10.5 Kamui-KPX. Before those I've also had it in an AF102 along with the AF101. It is my ideal shaft. I have an S-Yard sitting in a box with the newer Z9003 which I have to test later this week so we'll see how that one goes.

In the 3 wood, Yonex and KPX, all three are absolute perfect piercing trajectories. Never a balloon, not once. And yes, the advertised 115-125 swing speed is not necessary. The only time it didn't work out too well as in the AF102 head, just didn't have the feel quite there. But in all other clubs that I've ever used it, its been absolutely ideal.

I can't comment on the BB series as I haven't hit it, but I can say the P9 series is much prettier!

the p9903xin the ryoma at 44.5 inch is incredible.

i pulled the sale on it here, bec ill be going to hawaii this year by the loks of it and that driver will be NO1 in the bag!

Edited by supo67

Guess my experience is in the minority or possibly the singularity...

Steve you launch everything high, I would love to try 9003 in a stiff. Played yesterday in 30+ trade winds, 6 iron to a 130 par 3. Longest drive 365 down wind.

Surprised no one mentioned the EV series. I could hardly launch the ball with that shaft.

Surprised no one mentioned the EV series. I could hardly launch the ball with that shaft.

I'll take Potuna's comments to heart for a second...

I got the EV series as a shaft upgrade in the Yonex Nano V Driver and woods. I could not get those shafts to work for me in anything. Finally as a last effort, I chopped all of the EV 7Xs at the butt end and put them into hybrid heads, ONOFF FW Wings to be exact. In those suckers, they are the best hybrid shaft I have ever hit. The Roddio i8 in those same heads are stellar and price wise the performance is close enough, but if I got a deal on the GD EV 7X I would go that route in a heartbeat...

The BB is a great shaft. It's super low spinning and launches low, but not too low. I like how I get a nice soft feel along with a quick feedback in the hands.

The BB is a great shaft. It's super low spinning and launches low, but not too low. I like how I get a nice soft feel along with a quick feedback in the hands.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Hunter Mahan playing that shaft in his driver at the Match Play over the weekend?