Baldo TT Prototype VT511 - Take 2!!

nobmontana

Last 10 days, I have been tinkering with my drivers to get dialed in for the season.

- CRZ435 10deg head was really good with the Waccine Compo GR88 shaft, but was not getting me my usual distance and it was going a bit high for my liking.

- Swapped the head with AF102 8.5deg, club feels too heavy at 339g. Still not getting the distance. Good control when hit right but consistency suffered.

Conclusion: I think these 80g shafts are just too heavy for me. must be getting old... Need to go with a lighter shaft.

- X-Drive 705 9.5deg with GR-50S - Very easy to swing. shaft feels a bit too light. Also getting too much launch angle. lacking consistency possibly due to light weight.

- Went back to AF102 8.5 head but this time with Diamana Stinger shaft - weight feels right; but this time, there is problem with trajectory being too low occasionally not getting enough carry.

Conslusion: Really stumped.

Just for the sake of trying something different, I tried the Titleist 913 demo drivers at the Pro Shop. Super easy to hit. Very consistent.

913D2 8.5deg D1hosel setting / Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S looks to be my set up.

Hated the looks , Hated the sound even more. Do I really want these in my bag? Probably not ....

I wish the new Ryoma Maxima was out... Won't be available for a little while longer... Hmm.. Now what??

Yesterday:

- Decided to give the Baldo VT511 9deg one more try. What the heck.... put the Diamana Stinger in it.

Cons: White paint is kinda ugly and gets dirty really quick, need to do something about it. Get it painted gloss black.

Pros: Perfect trajectory. Great Distance, Really really forgiving, Super soft feeling at impact, Perfect sound ( not dead ),

Nice pear shape

Other than the white paint, this is as close to perfect of a driver for me.

Not sure why I didn't get the same sense on the first try a month ago.

For those who did not quite get a perfect match with the T.388, this is a head you might want to try provided that you are okay with the white paint.

So here it is ( well at least for now. )

Head: Baldo TT prototype VT511 9deg , 197g , 0deg FA

Shaft: Diamana Stinger 70S

45" Overall Length

313g Overall Weight

D1 Swing Weight

Need to get the head painted black.

Any recommendations on high quality head painting service in the U.S?

...Need to get the head painted black.

Any recommendations on high quality head painting service in the U.S?

contact my buddy tommy!

http://www.customgolfclubpainting.com/

Have to say, those custom paint jobs are out of this world!

What's the cost of such a finish, say wood grain??

he's done several of my drivers with my ryoma in the black wood grain and it looks sick! i'm pretty sure cost is under $100 but i'm not positive. i'll be picking up one of my 435's tomorrow that he's doing in matte black so i'll ask him and report back.

he's done several of my drivers with my ryoma in the black wood grain and it looks sick! i'm pretty sure cost is under $100 but i'm not positive. i'll be picking up one of my 435's tomorrow that he's doing in matte black so i'll ask him and report back.

Thanks

Might get the Yam done in a nice light coloured wood effect!!

Thanks

Might get the Yam done in a nice light coloured wood effect!!

good choice, that's actually my favorite one. with the simulated red face insert it reminds me of the old ping limited edition blondes. the pics don't even come close to showcasing it's depth, it really is a beauty!

Those do look great. I need to research custom painting here in the UK

Love that Cherry Wood Grain -- reminds me of a 3-wood I had as a kid. Thanks for posting.

Have to say, those custom paint jobs are out of this world!

What's the cost of such a finish, say wood grain??

his prices vary. more simple matte finishes can be had for under $100. his matte wood grains (which looked WAY better than i expected) are $100 and a little more if you prefer the high gloss finish.

his prices vary. more simple matte finishes can be had for under $100. his matte wood grains (which looked WAY better than i expected) are $100 and a little more if you prefer the high gloss finish.

Wouldn't mind one with the Red insert!!

Wouldn't mind one with the Red insert!!

yeah, i actually wish i had opted for the simulated red insert on my ryoma. go for it!!!

Just sent my head out today to Tom.

Should get it back sometime next week. Will post pics when I get it.

I am not going for anything fancy. Just want a classic gloss black.

Together with the black sole, face and now crown, it is going to be a completely blacked out head!

Oh and my Diamana Stinger shaft is pretty much all black as well. Can't wait to put it together!

i'm sure you wouldn't mind if i took it out for a round or two before tommy sends it back would you? lol ;-p

No fair!! There's no way I would know even if you played 10 rounds with it..

You got a professional club refinisher on your side

hmm...i may have just figured out a way to test jdm without buying everything first! anyone else want a custom painted driver????

Great plan Mikey. Muuahahahaha.....muuuahahahahahahahaha

In march at a Baldo meeting they showed us a prototype 460cc VT511. Naturally the smaller head is more attractive.

Also coming is a new driving iron and forged wedge we will post pics of soon.

In march at a Baldo meeting they showed us a prototype 460cc VT511. Naturally the smaller head is more attractive.

Also coming is a new driving iron and forged wedge we will post pics of soon.

Maaan... I wish they'd release the more forgiving version first. I mean the VT511 is plenty forgiving,

but now I have three drivers i want to try. PG313, D-1 Maxima V, and now this 460 Baldo. ( it's called the VT811 and may have a black version apparently)

PG313?

Here you go:

Ready for this?

My Baldo VT511 is back with fresh paint!

Classic black .... Oh but wait, under the sunlight.... Dazzle!!! Metallic Dark Purple

Diamana Stinger 70S is going in this head.

I 100% recommend Tom's work. http://www.customgolfclubpainting.com/

Superb workmanship and highly professional service.

Enjoy the pics!

post-14163-0-84871200-1365786122.jpgpost-14163-0-69712900-1365786136.jpgpost-14163-0-54938300-1365786150.jpgpost-14163-0-42417000-1365786164.jpgpost-14163-0-85205600-1365786177.jpgpost-14163-0-59636700-1365786190.jpg

Edited by nobmontana

Holding to other's naming conventions, you should name that thing Purple Haze...