Need Advice for a Place to buy Japanese Clubs in Tokyo & Osaka ?

tokidoki1986

First of all, My name is Todd n i'm from Thailand

I've been following this website for a while but haven't talk to any of you guys before.

Even though that I'm living in Thailand but i'm very interesting and infatuated in Japanese golf brand.

Right now i'm using:

Driver - Epon AF152HT with Crazy Black 80 LSII flex 6.9

Fairway - Epon AF202 with Crazy Black 80

Utility - Yamaha inpres D-UT with Tour ad DI7 flex s

Irons - Epon AF502 with shimada ks'3001

Wedges - KenMoji with Shimada ks'3001

Putter - Yamada wide blade/Byron Morgan DH11

Back in 2010-2011 i've been addicted to japanese clubs i've been modifying and keep changing my club for almost every month until i start my new business so i stop playing around with my equipment and stay with this set in my bag for almost 2 years.

But now that i didn't have time to play golf as much as i use to play, my swing is not so good anymore which make my distance and average score way worser than before.

So i'm looking for a new set of clubs to help me improve my game and distance especially Driver and Irons.

And in the beginning of September i've to go to Japan for business purpose but i'll have some free time for myself and i'm thinking about go shopping and getting my new clubs since i haven't done it for a long time.

Right now my Driver distance has go down to 220-230yrds while i used to gain 260-270yrds with same driver.

And my 7irons distance is now around 150-160yrds which came down from 160-170yrds that i used to hit.

My swing speed for driver that i test quickly in the department store is come up with average around 92-94 while Lowest is 86 and Highest is 102

After a long introduce, here come the purpose of this topic.

1. I would like to ask for the recommend of the clubs that might help me gain my distance and performance (i'm looking for a japanese brand like Romaro, Crazy, Ryoma, Yururi, Miura, Epon, etc.)

2. Where can i find those clubs in Osaka or Tokyo any specific shop i should look around for those premium japanese brand.

3. Also instead of a club which is priority in this trip are there any recommend for a good place for nice and unique accessories such as Bag, Cover, Cloths, etc.

Thank you all in advance for every reply in this topic

and Nice to have a chance to be a part of TSG society.

welcome to TSG.

i think theres plenty of palces u can go where u get to japan. the hotel shud point u in the right drection.

althought geting ur desired club might proove a bit harder than u think as they dont sell components, and u might have a great head with a not so perfect shaft

my advice is prob to seek out what u like here , id be very surprsied if u cant get ur perfect set up thru the fellow members here

My friend went to Tokyo earlier this year, and stop by the Victoria golf in Shinjuku and got a couple Katana fw n driver but he said he didn't see any Epon, Ryoma or Crazy there. Most of the product are manufacturing brand, so I wonder if there's any specific place that sell these kind of brands cause in Thailand we wouldn't find a premium Japanese clubs in department store either.

You would never find any of these brands in department store or Victoria. You can either get them here or look thru the shop list on the company website. You might actually find some of these niche brands in used club shops around Tokyo. Take a look at golfcraft in bkk for some of the items on your list.

Welcome to TSG. If your a Crazy fan, why not ask Tario if he'll take you over to get fit at the Crazy factory? I'm sure if Craig chimes in he'll tell you that you 100% will not regret that experience. Not sure about this, but I seem to remember hearing that there are VERY few places you can buy Epon gear, even in Japan.

Dear Duffer19 I did purchased Epon stuff from Golfcraft quite often, but I also want to try other brand like Ryoma, Yururi, and Romaro which there isn't any shop in Thailand that sell those stuff only have to order it online. And since I'll be in Japan for a couple day so I wish that I could find some of those brand and other brand I don't know and judge them with my own eyes and feeling. But anyway thx a lot for advice.

Edited by tokidoki1986

JayDM I would love to get fitting @ Crazy Factory but I'm not sure I'll have enough time, by the way where is Crazy factory locate? R they open for walk in customers or have to make an appointment only? and How can I contact Tario?

Hi

All the new golf shops I have seen in Japan only have the mainstream stuff. I have never seen Epon or Miura in any of the retail outlets. Victoria golf is huge and makes for an interesting day. I would be surprised if a TSGer would buy from there though.

Near Shinbashi station ( I think, my memory is fading, early Alzheimers ) there is a heap of second hand shops. Here there is plenty of good quality Epon mainly Drivers,FW and utilities all with great shafts. Romaro gear too, its a dime a dozen. Lots of Crazy, Ryoma, pretty much everything you have mentioned.

However, very little Miura.

Apparently they have quick turnaround times so you never know what is there from day to day.

Also 2nd hand in Japan is different than most other places. Some of the stuff I bought as used, well, to quote supo, someone may have breathed on them. Certainly looked brand new.

Regarding the Crazy factory, if you have the time and can arrange it, then I would recommend it. You obviously like the Crazy shafts, so it would at the very least be a fun day. Going to their showroom where all the bags and that are is also a real eye opener.

+1 Craig, I only buy golf apparel in Japan and maybe some accessories but never new golf clubs. Used club shops is a must see when visiting Tokyo.

Contact Tario via email, [email protected] even if you can't manage to get to the Crazy factory it's worth contacting him to see if it's possible... I'm pretty certain that would be your best fitting experience.

I've heard about 2nd hand golf club in Japan that the condition are unlike any other place, my friend said that 2nd hand golf club in Japan are even better than the Demo club in Thailand Department Store. So I think I might have to change my target from New club to Used club.

So if you guys not get bombard yet, My new question is where can i look for a 2nd hand premium brand in Japan?

Your going to see many little golf shops focused on used gear. golf partner, golf kids, etc..

I enjoy the big stores where I can just take my time and look at everything. The small shops are tiny no swing cage or space to even waggle.

I usually go to Ueno for brands like Romaro, Ryoma, S-yard, On off. As for used club, I would go to golf kids (in Nagoya). In my line of work I get to travel to most cities in Japan. I have seen used crazy shaft at Golf kids but they come and go real fast. Kotobuki golf shop in Ueno carries Romaro, Ryoma and S-yards. Katana is famous in Thailand but seems not so in Japan. BTW, S-yard at Golfcraft ekamai is cheaper than the one they sold in Japan and probably Epon as well.

I've heard about Ueno and thinking about visit there as well, since golf kid is in Nagoya I'm not sure if I'll have time to visit there. Aren't there any good used clubs store in Tokyo or either Osaka?

By the way I heard from someone that there is a tax refund for tourist in Victoria and Kotobuki as well as bubble and fragile support package our club. So I wonder if those also available if we buy used clubs?

just came back recently from tokyo and there are a lot of golf partner stores all around the city. festival golf and golf effort are also great. they all carry epon but it's a crapshoot what you actually get in the store.

the festival golf in ueno is pretty big and they had some great stuff, as did the two festival golfs in shinjuku, a couple blocks away from each other.

I'm pretty sure most of the guys in JPN have stated this a few times in this topic and previous ones, you aren't going to find shops that have new models of the boutique brands like Epon, Yururi, Miura, etc. that you can demo and get fit for, the places you'll find with those brands are used shops and the variety of gear changes from day to day.... I'm not certain if this is 100% a fact, but its the feeling I've gotten from quite a few other posts that have come from guys in Japan or who have been to Japan enough times to know what the deal is.

You are very much spot on with your comment. Getting good deal and nice boutique brands require patient and a lot of luck. Festival golf ( probably others) does have a website that lists what are available but it's all in Japanese hence finding things is a bit of a challenge.

I've to admit it to u guys that my purpose have been shifted long way from the beginning, start from looking for a regular flagship golf store to second hand golf shop. And now after go back and read some previous topic my prospects destination is to visit some of the factory and order for something custom for myself especially Buchi and Gold Factory but don't know if they welcome for a walk in guest or not and in fact that I can't speak Japanese I think it'll be a problem in term of communication.

Edited by tokidoki1986

Victoria is always there and you can still buy tons of golf gears but just not the one you are looking for or the lowest price. I have never been to Crazy or Buchi so can't tell you. You are a new member here and it would be good to develop some form of dialogue with Tario via email or pm to see if he can assist. Don't forget, TSG is in business of selling Jdm golf gear.

Totally agree with Duff, Tario is your connection to JDM golf gear mate. Take a look on the blog at Craig's absurdly, magnificent, super, awesome, fantastic trip to Japan(that's what the article should be called anyway) and see exactly whats possible if you wanna hit the absolute top end manufacturers and get things built exactly how you like them....

I did contact Tario via email and have been replied for a few times, I did tell him about the idea of visiting and fitting my new club at the factory so we'll ser how's the result.