388 users what reshaft has worked for you?

bruinduke

Interesting... Well, whatever it is, Kobayashi and S-Yard have my number -- and i'm glad for it!

Tario-

Doesn't a lot of it depend on the swing profile? I am 260-270 off the tee now and just over 100 MPH and with a smooth tempo I have no issue with my Royal Deco SR that plays at 46 inches--Super Easy to load and hooking is not an issue as long as I don't get quick...

The F3 is a Ryoma as well. If memory serves, the head weight distribution of Ryoma encourages the hook for some swing types.

I have found that the Ryoma's in stock shafts are left leaning for me as well. If my transition gets to quick then I get the dreaded HOOK!

Tario-

Doesn't a lot of it depend on the swing profile? I am 260-270 off the tee now and just over 100 MPH and with a smooth tempo I have no issue with my Royal Deco SR that plays at 46 inches--Super Easy to load and hooking is not an issue as long as I don't get quick...

It really changes from player to player, there are generalizations you can make that work out for most guys, but there really is no way to be 100% certain unless you actually hit the shaft. I have an original Royal Deco in X in a CRZ460, I get up as quick as 115MPH(average swing is probably between 108-112) with a lot of power through the ball and a bit of aggression in the transition, originally tried it in SX and it worked really well, when I got it perfectly the SX Royal Deco in that head was the longest club I've ever hit, but it tended to exaggerate my natural draw and was just a bit too soft to be consistent for me, the X is perfect, the most consistently long and simple driver I own and the ball flight is really straight and stable.... I've tried the Royal Deco in other heads and it didn't work very well, dispersion was a bit all over, ball flight was inconsistent, but in the SUPER straight and forgiving CRZ460, its a champ. I'm not the type who would normally play an ultra light shaft and I mess around with a lot of flexes in drivers and woods, normally prefer a shaft that plays a bit softer in hybrids and FW's but more stable in drivers, but it really depends, I often feel like softer shafts than would generally fit my swing have a lot of benefits for me, as they encourage me not to try to over power it, and allow me to hit few more shots, but at the same time I can often find myself enjoying something SUPER stiff. Everyone is different, best way to find out what works for you, in my opinion, is to try out a lot of things, spend enough time with them to understand how they work for you and then compare them side by side with others.

I have found that the Ryoma's in stock shafts are left leaning for me as well. If my transition gets to quick then I get the dreaded HOOK!

I have tried many shafts in my Ryoma F2 all the way up to Crazy's FW80, and even a true temper steel shaft. It's design and my swing spells out HOOK. Interesting the F7 with the stock shaft is one of my go to clubs. go figure. Anyway the F2 is sitting in my basement unshafted and collecting dust.