Official TRPX Drivers and Shafts Review Thread

wmclarenf1

Tario stated that my build at 45" with the S model and Messenger 1st shaft that d2 would not be a problem. I hate having to add lead tape to clubs but at least with this one I can get some heavier weights if need be. I can't handle a light sw driver either and I have some at 44" that are like that. Its just very difficult to determine where the head is in the swing.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few more thoughts after having spent a bit more time with this driver.

The forgiveness is great. I'm sure the X-Line shaft plays quite a big part in it. One of the most stable shafts I've tried and it does an amazing job keeping the ball in the fairway. Managed to hit 12/14 fairways on my last game and was confident enough to pull out driver on every hole including a really narrow fairway that I normally use an iron or utility for.

So far though, NOT as long as my old jBeam + DJ-6x combo. On my usual courses, it's around 10 meters or so shorter on clean strikes. Could be due to the lack of roll I'm getting as the course is getting wetter at this time of the year. From what I read, other users seem to be getting quite a bit of roll and I'm not seeing that even though launch seems penetrating enough. Will be tinkering about with the weights to try to get a slightly higher launch and hopefully more carry.

Edited by caddie123

i dont think this is as long as either my 435 diamana stinger combo , nor my 425 tour waccine build,

but.. idb hard pressed not to take this out when the fairways are thin and the course tricky, ill guarantee u id never thake the 435 out for that track. but if those were my 3 choices. on a pete dye tracks it wud be the trpx , guraranteed

A few more thoughts after having spent a bit more time with this driver.

The forgiveness is great. I'm sure the X-Line shaft plays quite a big part in it. One of the most stable shafts I've tried and it does an amazing job keeping the ball in the fairway. Managed to hit 12/14 fairways on my last game and was confident enough to pull out driver on every hole including a really narrow fairway that I normally use an iron or utility for.

So far though, NOT as long as my old jBeam + DJ-6x combo. On my usual courses, it's around 10 meters or so shorter on clean strikes. Could be due to the lack of roll I'm getting as the course is getting wetter at this time of the year. From what I read, other users seem to be getting quite a bit of roll and I'm not seeing that even though launch seems penetrating enough. Will be tinkering about with the weights to try to get a slightly higher launch and hopefully more carry.

I havent been able to get the roll out like t388 or zero. Im feeling it mate.

As a TSG newbie, wanted to thank T and everybody for the introducing this driver. My first ever TSG purchase!

While I am not able to provide a very technical review, I am simply very satisfied with its performance on distance, launch and ball flight!!

Ken

I've already been telling customers to swap around the weights.

The default setting is the heavier weight in the heel for a draw bias.

I love this driver... between Chris and I we now own 4.... a D and S each!! (^_^)

What is the neutral set up of weights in D013? ( Toe, back, and heel ). The weights of Jbeam and crazy are compactible, and whatelse? Hoe about Taylormade and Baldo? Is it necessary to get extra weights or just swap around those existing ones is good enough?

What is the neutral set up of weights in D013? ( Toe, back, and heel ). The weights of Jbeam and crazy are compactible, and whatelse? Hoe about Taylormade and Baldo? Is it necessary to get extra weights or just swap around those existing ones is good enough?

Taylormade and Baldo are of course NOT compatible.

Only jbeam is because jbeam makes the TRPX head.

Most people have not changed the weights. Stock setting is a slight draw but barely. 1 or 2g in back, 4g in heel, 3g in toe.

I can tell you it's your impression!

Mark

As a TSG newbie, wanted to thank T and everybody for the introducing this driver. My first ever TSG purchase!

While I am not able to provide a very technical review, I am simply very satisfied with its performance on distance, launch and ball flight!!

Ken

I'm pretty late on this TRPX driver and shaft....just went to get my Driver today. Haven't hit it yet but from the finish and build, this is one of the premium made product. Still, even in OPEN face angle spec, this driver (S model in X Line shaft) has a slightly close face angle (same as 435ii ). I'll be hitting it soon and will have some clip of me hitting this Driver. So far, very happy with the purchase.

First two rounds S model with Messenger shaft this weekend.. No need to change anything. Great combination. User friendly, found more fairways than usual. Not the ultimate distance driver for me, but all around balanced design.

I have had a chance to play multiple rounds with my TRPX (D with Messenger) and wanted to add my thoughts. A little background, I am a 6 handicap and driving is a strong point of my game.

This is my first JDM driver purchase and I really appreciated Tario’s assistance in making a choice.

I will cut to the chase; I think this is a fantastic driver and shaft combo. I am coming from a Callaway Razr Fit Extreme with the AD DI6s which I was fitted for. I have been happy with this driver and have played it for most of this season. It was relatively accurate and has given me some of my best overall distance numbers. That said, I cannot find an area where the Callaway does not get beat by the TRPX. The feel is much better, the shaft has improved my control and helped minimize the occasional hooks that I would hit. As far as distance goes, the TRPX has given me some extra distance, but the bigger story for me is that I am consistently seeing the higher distance numbers, much more so than I ever did with the Callaway. This has already had an impact on my scoring since my home course is relatively long.

In short, I am extremely happy with this purchase.

I have had a chance to play multiple rounds with my TRPX (D with Messenger) and wanted to add my thoughts. A little background, I am a 6 handicap and driving is a strong point of my game.

This is my first JDM driver purchase and I really appreciated Tario’s assistance in making a choice.

I will cut to the chase; I think this is a fantastic driver and shaft combo. I am coming from a Callaway Razr Fit Extreme with the AD DI6s which I was fitted for. I have been happy with this driver and have played it for most of this season. It was relatively accurate and has given me some of my best overall distance numbers. That said, I cannot find an area where the Callaway does not get beat by the TRPX. The feel is much better, the shaft has improved my control and helped minimize the occasional hooks that I would hit. As far as distance goes, the TRPX has given me some extra distance, but the bigger story for me is that I am consistently seeing the higher distance numbers, much more so than I ever did with the Callaway. This has already had an impact on my scoring since my home course is relatively long.

In short, I am extremely happy with this purchase.

Was glad to be of help and happy to guide you into the world of JDM clubs!

First two rounds S model with Messenger shaft this weekend.. No need to change anything. Great combination. User friendly, found more fairways than usual. Not the ultimate distance driver for me, but all around balanced design.

Stan more fairways than usual equals the best distance overall in the long run. (^_^)

Happy to hear its working out for you!

2 rounds on Monday with D-013.

Though I have not experienced a monster shot, occasionally in my 435+TJ80, I think it' not behind 435+TJ80 in average.

By adding some weight (change grip and weight), I can get my preferred launch and tracjectory.

Tried some draw and normal swing, very penerating and straight. Tried to make some cut shot, not ballooning and beautiful fade.

I think it must be your 1st candidate, if you're going to buy a new driver.

As I said, just contact Tario, he will send you "the one" for you.

If some one said, it is the shaft that make the club shine. Do you guys who've hit and crushed on the club agree with that? By the way, is the club face forged out of DAT55G Ti as well?

I don't think the face is DAT55. I like the Dat55 face on 435ii and Gorge Spirites MoNo. It would have been a better head if they put DAT55 on the face.

I don't think it is either. What is it then? Anybody? Don't tell me is the 6-4 Ti.

Its unobtanium: or ubti99p

Stuff melts Liquid.metal

I believe that is the metal the humans were trying to find in Avatar on Pandora.

Good reference Stew

I don't think it is either. What is it then? Anybody? Don't tell me is the 6-4 Ti.

How do you know its not "either" You didn't get one yet right? (^_^)

It is certainly not 6-4, no high end boutique maker uses 6-4 in Japan.

It is composite Ti meaning a mix of alpha and beta ti, similar to what Epon and other endo brands use but the driver is of course not endo.,

Was reading up on this somewhere and its made from some kind of new matter..... "ifitplayeswellitdon'tmatter"... :-)

I think you are right!

Personally I think it feels pretty good.

I think you are right!

Personally I think it feels pretty good.

The head feels better then pretty good. In my humble opinion it feels awesome. So whatever it is made up of doesn't matter because it plays well.

How do you know its not "either" You didn't get one yet right? (^_^)

It is certainly not 6-4, no high end boutique maker uses 6-4 in Japan.

It is composite Ti meaning a mix of alpha and beta ti, similar to what Epon and other endo brands use but the driver is of course not endo.,

Hi T, my "either" was based on what I've saw on their website where only composite material has been mentioned. Just curious, that's why I ask others who owned the club ( Has bothered you too much already! Heeee!). TRPX should make that more straight forward and let people know the difference from Jbeam's other models. Thanks T, to clear that out , I'll get back to you ! Edited by Calvin