Official TRPX Drivers and Shafts Review Thread

wmclarenf1

Any comments on using Quadra WBQ 55 SR on S-013?

I don't think anyone has tried one yet. The most success has been with TRPX shafts followed by Crazy shafts. A few tried other mainstream shafts did not seem to mesh as well. If the Quadra is a proven performer for you it could be a good fit especially if you played it in a reasonably deeper bore head.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!Guys! My crazy 435 labomba 198g with TRPX Xline S (D2 45.25")just amazing&incredible distance(280 average), The true best driver I ever hit(actually,I got TRPX S013 with messenger S, XV with boron,Ryoma D1 typeV with boron,435II with cb80II,435R with ly-02,T388 with boron,epon zero with cb50,etc...)! special Thx to Tario! Give me to much help!

Hi!Guys! My crazy 435 labomba 198g with TRPX Xline S (D2 45.25")just amazing&incredible distance(280 average), The true best driver I ever hit(actually,I got TRPX S013 with messenger S, XV with boron,Ryoma D1 typeV with boron,435II with cb80II,435R with ly-02,T388 with boron,epon zero with cb50,etc...)! special Thx to Tario! Give me to much help!

That's a lot of drivers..... see you're base in China !! I'm also base here so maybe one day we should met up and have our very own JDM shootout.

last night i took these out to play.

trpx 9.5*--diamana x 70s 324 gram d2 44.875 inch

trpx 9.5*---waccine gr88st 326 gram d2.5 44.5inch

and i hit a lot of balls with them very vey well.

the over riding end result was the trpx are extremely accurate and easy to hit. well and consitstantly well, the new longer rathe than higher face shape frames the ball nicely and , even tho it makes for a higher flight for steep transitions , they ball none the less does goes out there a decent distance. , they were both an instant go to club for my practice driving on imaginary holes . and the waccine was probaby my fav go to club. for distance over the diamanaX. which i need to verify on course this weekend. when i bag both of them

the flight of the waccine was noticebaly lower than the diamanaX, which was my automatic go to club for carry but it did stray left , i can turn this over quite easily , alot more than the waccine which for the most part was arrow striaght. with a miss right, the differnt in feel between these two was big . the diamana was very kapiiiiiiiiing,, and the waccine was theuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpkooooosh. depends on what u like . i liked both TBH. mnuted waccine. stingy X

id plmb for the X shaft for accuracy on tight courses, and id go for the waccine for out and out length.

cant wait to try these out this wekeend together.

liek both of them a lot .

dont thinlk they will knock the 435 out of top dog spot tho.

yea both D heads. and im kinda enjoying them , the more i hit them.

still confused as to their place in my rotation at the moment agaisnt the ryomas. in particular.....

buth this weeks game is on an A_grade track so i need a combo of "wail into it " and a few real tight straight drives. only taking these two drivers out so this will be defintiive for me.

i think il hit em well tho , no reason to doubt them so far. and leading into the bag spots ofr oz. thsi wil be a good test,. as the grass is always short nad harder. then typical japan conditions. very reminiscent of sydney really.

the ryoma f3 will get a bag spot this wekeend as well

Edited by supo67

last night i took these out to play.

trpx 9.5*--diamana x 70s 324 gram d2 44.875 inch

trpx 9.5*---waccine gr88st 326 gram d2.5 44.5inch

and i hit a lot of balls with them very vey well.

the over riding end result was the trpx are extremely accurate and easy to hit. well and consitstantly well, the new longer rathe than higher face shape frames the ball nicely and , even tho it makes for a higher flight for steep transitions , they ball none the less does goes out there a decent distance. , they were both an instant go to club for my practice driving on imaginary holes .

What is there to be confused about Stew, you said it yourself, extremly accurate, easy to hit., consistently well. shapes the ball nicely. Its everything we want in a driver.

You even have it listed as your fall gamer.

It is straight and keeps you in the fairway... that is what you want and what the Ryoma can't do for me even though it is long (and high).

Well seeing ive.got 2 of them i dont find them to be average or below thats for sure

The vspec is a slightyl diffeeetn animal but they play similar to me although they look nothing alike

Lovimg both and especially rhe waccine

That shaft is special

Just curious, have you guys done anything to get rid of the horrible noise at impact?

I picked up an S-013 with a CB50 and took it to the range today for the first time.

Yes, the head was very forgiving ... and to my surprise for a 9.5* shallow head, trajectory was not that high, rather low compared to other 9.5 heads. ( except for JBeam 425 )

Feel was similar to the JBeam 425 with lots of pop. Then came the sound!! the 425 is 10x better when it comes to sound at impact.

I might have to try stuffing it with styrofoam beads like in that video someone posted.

I have a Messenger shaft on the way as well but starting to think I might use the shaft in a different head.

Has anyone tried the Messenger shaft in a Jbeam 425 head or Epon AF103 head?

Would like to hear how these combos might work.

Finally got to play my xXx S 10 degree with Messenger 1st stiff. Ball flight is a nice medium trajectory and even on the windy day I played I was getting very good distance. Its also surprisingly forgiving. I was hitting towards the heel most of the day and you really could not tell. Distance was still very good and at worst it would be maybe 10 yds right of the line. Only missed 1 fairway with it and so far I am very happy with the head and shaft. The feel is very solid and I like the sound the driver makes, not too loud and not a ping, just solid.

Thanks Tario for your help with it and on my upcoming Yamaha Tour CBs.

Edited by Bill3508

Just curious, have you guys done anything to get rid of the horrible noise at impact?

I picked up an S-013 with a CB50 and took it to the range today for the first time.

Yes, the head was very forgiving ... and to my surprise for a 9.5* shallow head, trajectory was not that high, rather low compared to other 9.5 heads. ( except for JBeam 425 )

Feel was similar to the JBeam 425 with lots of pop. Then came the sound!! the 425 is 10x better when it comes to sound at impact.

I might have to try stuffing it with styrofoam beads like in that video someone posted.

I have a Messenger shaft on the way as well but starting to think I might use the shaft in a different head.

Has anyone tried the Messenger shaft in a Jbeam 425 head or Epon AF103 head?

Would like to hear how these combos might work.

Haha, yes, it does sound awful. And feel just about as bad. But coming from Yamaha Tour drivers I thought that was how everything else felt/sounded. I'd be curious as well if something can be done to make it sound like a golf club and not a college baseball bat.

Haha, yes, it does sound awful. And feel just about as bad. But coming from Yamaha Tour drivers I thought that was how everything else felt/sounded. I'd be curious as well if something can be done to make it sound like a golf club and not a college baseball bat.

I guess you can't beat Yammie tours in the sound and feel department....:)

from these videos, just adding foam beads may be pretty effective.

Gonna get some of these foam beads off of the Bay and try it.

Before the foam beads

After adding foam beads

Edited by nobmontana

In my opinion, I think the S model is one of the best sounding and feeling in all jdm driver I have.

Is your S model gel'd or foam'd?

i have mentioned this before. There are rubber tungsten weights that attach on the back of most drivers. They weigh 2 grams each. I put one on the center back of the S 13 and the feel is not as hard and metallic. Between the S 13 and D13 I believe the S 13 has a harder feel, and flies much lower. Im getting a T388 flight and rollout with an 11 Degree S 13 head with the Raytis Touale S. The 10.5 D13 is a softer feel and higher flight with the Messenger SR shaft The S13 is as anti hook as any driver Ive ever hit, yet unlike most anti hook extreme setups the high right miss doesn't happen here. Dead straight bullets like the T388 with more forgiveness. 2 6 gram weights up front and a 4 gram in the back. I will say though that the T388 when pured has the best strike/feel. at impact of any JDM driver Ive ever hit.

Edited by driverhead

i have mentioned this before. There are rubber tungsten weights that attach on the back of most drivers. They weigh 2 grams each. I put one on the center back of the S 13 and the feel is not as hard and metallic. Between the S 13 and D13 I believe the S 13 has a harder feel, and flies much lower. Im getting a T338 flight and rollout with an 11 Degree S 13 head with the Raytis Touale S. The 10.5 D13 is a softer feel and higher flight with the Messenger SR shaft The S13 is as anti hook as any driver Ive ever hit, yet unlike most anti hook extreme setups the high right miss doesn't happen here. Dead straight bullets like the T388 with more forgiveness. 2 gram weights up front and a 4 gram in the back. I will say though that the T388 when pured has the best strike/feel. at impact of any JDM driver Ive ever hit.

Flex wise, would you say the Touale S is comparable to Messenger SR? I want a shaft in the mid or low 50g in R or SR flex but Touale only has the S flex. From what you describe, I hope 10* S013 is not too low launch.

Flex wise, would you say the Touale S is comparable to Messenger SR? I want a shaft in the mid or low 50g in R or SR flex but Touale only has the S flex. From what you describe, I hope 10* S013 is not too low launch.

The shafts are very similar feel and flex wise. The Raytis Ravie S is the smoothest of the bunch and launches the highest. It is much softer than the other 2 and if you have a smooth tempo as I do, its a good fit. I had that in the D13 with a weight setup of 3 4 gram weights and replaced it with the messenger. A bonus of this experiment is that the Raytis Ravie S shaft that was in the D13 is an awesome fit for me in the Glorie Reserve head. That was the 1st JDM driver I got for 2013. It was a work in progress for a few months using various shafts, and I didn't get it dialed in as I had with the 2012 Glorie. Then the T388 became a money driver and along various MAXIMA setups and with the Fourteen CT 112 had the A BAG position. The Glorie Reserve Raytis Ravie S shaft combo was awesome in 45 degree windy temps. I was using tHe Glorie Reserve downwind AND THE s13 INTO THE WIND.

Edited by driverhead

I have hit the Ryoma Maxima Type-V, D-031, S-031, 435, 450 and definitely think that sound and feel are personal. I have read many reviews on folks loving or hating the feel/sound of each. I personally felt that the Maxima was too much of a dud sound though good feel, the 450 to tingy and metallic feel, the D-031 feeling great but sound a tad muted, the S-031 very different than the D-031 - louder & tingy, with the 435 the perfect combination of both.

Granted, I had the LY01 in the Maxima, 435, 450; the Messenger in the D-031; the TJ-46 in the S-031, so shaft could definitely play into the feel of the club. Out of all, I feel that the 435 and D-031 were the best feel/sound combination.

i have mentioned this before. There are rubber tungsten weights that attach on the back of most drivers. They weigh 2 grams each. I put one on the center back of the S 13 and the feel is not as hard and metallic. Between the S 13 and D13 I believe the S 13 has a harder feel, and flies much lower. Im getting a T388 flight and rollout with an 11 Degree S 13 head with the Raytis Touale S. The 10.5 D13 is a softer feel and higher flight with the Messenger SR shaft The S13 is as anti hook as any driver Ive ever hit, yet unlike most anti hook extreme setups the high right miss doesn't happen here. Dead straight bullets like the T388 with more forgiveness. 2 6 gram weights up front and a 4 gram in the back. I will say though that the T388 when pured has the best strike/feel. at impact of any JDM driver Ive ever hit.

Hmmm… Interesting that for you, a higher lofted S flies lower than a lower lofted D. That throws a bot of a curve ball for me as I was thinking if tinkering around with a D as well but base on your comments, going with a 9.5 D may be better than the 10* D I was originally thinking about.

I think the Touale also launches higher than the Messenger 1st?

Feel is definitely personal and subjective... I find the Yamahas too muted and I like the lively but crisp feel of the TRPX drivers.

Tom you made some interesting comments about the ball flight... The S has a lower CG so is supposed to fly higher.

The touale is a lower launcher than the Mesenger, ABEX did this on purpose since the Touale plays softer and softer shafts have a tendency to want to launch higher so he tuned the design for a more flat trajectory.

Tom you made some interesting comments about the ball flight... The S has a lower CG so is supposed to fly higher.

The touale is a lower launcher than the Mesenger, ABEX did this on purpose since the Touale plays softer and softer shafts have a tendency to want to launch higher so he tuned the design for a more flat trajectory.

It might be the combination of the touale and that I have 2 6 gram weights up front ON THE s 13 moving the center of gravity forward, but Im getting exactly what I want out of the 2 drivers just that each is a role reversal than what I expected. I can't wait until I can see what these clubs can do in prime conditions. Winter season has started here. Ive been playing in mid 40 to mid 50 temps with soft fws and getting close to very good summer condition drives. The D13 Messenger combo I have the weights at 4 4 4. It is a bit more versatile trajectory wise due to the slightly deeper face and I can vary the tee height to get the desired trajectory.