2014 Yamaha ???

bogeydog

Any pics or news on the new equipment?

Found this referencing a new RMX Tourmodel driver? Looks like and RMX1 and RMX2.

post-7946-138178780364.jpg

That looks like that picture accidentally leaked out ;)

Yup. It looks like they are at it again with the count down teaser stuff on their facebook page.

Here is the teaser video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOq6uXMw0mw

Release date is Monday 21st.

That pic was pulled off of a store site that offers different shafts. This is one of the custom options.

MB and CB

yam-rmx-mb-main1_zps6b935186.jpg

yam-rmx-cb-main1_zpscc64ae2f.jpg

fujita already play it, i think the stamp on fujita iron is still inpresX

April 2013 Master

Hiroyuki+Fujita+Masters+Preview+Day+2+oM-NCFVLOcmx.jpg

Hiroyuki+Fujita+Masters+Round+2+J210F7W8nU-x.jpg

Edited by hiro

The CB Tour Model looks like the 2011 V Forged non Tour with some tweaks. Even the blade looks like the weight is pushed lower than this years model.... Can't possibly see why they would change from Inpres X to RMX, I mean did that Remix driver really sell THAT well? Didn't notice anyone on here gaming it.

thats a good question bec i see tons of rmx in run out stuff.

but it is cheaper, and not being funny it does look good.

hmm im gonna stay neutral on these till isee them in hand...

Yamaha gear is ALWAYS tops, no matter what people think of it at release, it turns out to be excellent, remember how hesitant we both were about the 2012 Tour Model irons mate? They turned out to be a great set. My only really big question would be, is everything still done at Endo? Believe I read that the current Remix driver wasn't, I would be seriously confused if the didn't give us Endo forged irons and drivers for the Tour Models.

Sweeeeet, I have been eagerly awaiting this tour model.

When do they arrive, I have had my eye on yammys for a long time now, might be tempted :)

Edited by hutchy

Its interesting to see them use RMX as the image branding for their new line as the REMIX did not sell that well and there was a huge recall at the beginning for a defect.

By adding the word RMX they make it even more cluttered as if it wasn't already with Yamaha Inpres X Tourmodel.

We should have the pre launch demos next month and as I do every year I will preview them for the forum and blog.

I agree T, the branding does seem allot more overstated and a bit busy on this model.

I thought the 2013 wedge offering was clean and simple; so for that I loved them, I hope the 2014 offers more loft options.

yea.. weird concept.. a simple clean blade might have been met with humongous demand.

imagine if yamaha did a tourstage 905/909 kinda thing.

seriously.., why not ??????????????????????????

Any news yet? Now the 21st in Japan.

Edited by bogeydog

Apparently Yamaha is going to release information at 6pm today.

Ok website has new Yamaha gear. Looks like RMX is the new branding. 2 new RMX drivers with one being a tour model. 4 new irons which looks to be a combo of their past lines with improvements. Tour models include a MB and CB. Only the MB is limited at 3000 sets. Both are forged.

New fairway and hybrid also. Can't post pics until I get to my office in a few hours.

As much as I like the MB I am going CB. MB seems to be weighted to keep the toe open. The CB are forged and look like an evolution of the 2012 model which I really enjoyed.

Edited by bogeydog