The new PRGR Egg1 Driver

TourSpecGolfer

gallery_18_5_22860.jpg

You only have 1 loft option... 7.5! PRGR is pushing the envelope again, we saw in recent years everyone going higher CG more forward, Actually Japan has been doing this for ages while USDM brands jumped on the bandwagon late. This Egg1 driver is all about distance and carry + velocity for big overall distance. It's got a slightly longer shaft with a very deep COG, a strong loft head and low torque shaft. This combo combined with a high swing speed of an athlete player creates a high launch angle with low spin. The face angle is square and it specs out at D2.5

7.5! calling all fast swingers, I'm intrigued with the concept of high launch low spin combined with low torque and very low loft are you?

Did someone say shorter driver shaft length is better? Since reading Wishons areticle I've been going over all the new releases coming next month and no brands are going shorter, not even a little bit. This goes for USDM brands as well, while the length increase is less drastic in the states drivers are getting longer not shorter. I can't find any brand going shorter in length, maybe you guys can help me find one.

I've been digging through all the current magazine articles on the effect of a longer shaft vs shorter and it seems the distance reward is a logical risk as center struck shots are not, are NOT affected very much by the added length. The difference is actually very hard to measure it's so small.

Anyway it's not like this club is 47" its 46" and I'm second guessing cutting my 45.75" Messenger shaft down to 44". I did play it since and it feels like it tightened dispersion but it seems to go shorter, not happy with that adjustment as I lacked distance in the first place.

In terms of newer drivers getting shorter in playing length, the Taylormade SLDR TP measures out at 45.25 which seems about a quarter inch shorter than the normal 45.5" -45.75" that Taylormade drivers usually play.

In terms of newer drivers getting shorter in playing length, the Taylormade SLDR TP measures out at 45.25 which seems about a quarter inch shorter than the normal 45.5" -45.75" that Taylormade drivers usually play.

I never really noticed TM going above 45" outside of Japan. Does anyone offer shorter than 45" lengths for 2013?

Is this thing actually square or "square" like the Egg7 is (it's closed)?

This looks right up my alley except again, I don't want to buy a driver that is claimed to be square, only to find out it's closed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

had to have this after he resounding success of the egg7. this was just too intruiging to pass up.

7.5* stock m-43 shaft ( which is GOOD as its the same one as the egg7 adn thats good!)

not sure when ill be able to hit it but . its a really funky looking head

pretty sure 99.9999999999999999% of purists wont dig this 1 iota.

but for me its jut gotta be hit.

detials to follow MUCH later..,

Edited by supo67

I just want to know one thing.... if it's totally neutral because the Egg 7 was slightly closed.

i put in o nthe floor lined it on a line on the join in the flooring and it looked dead sqaure to me.

the egg 7does look a bit closed but im sure its not. or id be hooking it , and 100% i dont hook it

the 7 does look slightyl more closed (ish) than this thing.

Thanks man.