How do you like your Labo Spec ONOFF CB358 so far?

Chris

I have had mine now for 10 rounds of golf and about 6 range sessions. These are special irons for sure. The feeling as I mentioned before on contact is Sublime. There is no other way to describe it. The ball just flows off the face with such effortless force. I don't remember ever having a set of irons that felt this way. My first few rounds I was hitting the ball off the toe and getting poor results. Since then I have found the middle of the face again and the shots have been just perfect. The irons have a Bronze appearance to them which makes them stand out.

The Roddio shafts are perfect with this head as if they were made for each other. Glad I got them.

They do look pretty special Ash...By the sounds play pretty special

The wedge on this set looks superb, how does it play?

Chris do you know if they will be releasing wedges of this ilk

Hutchy

The wedge is surprisingly good. The ball bites well on the grooves and lands soft without roll out. It would be nice to see a wedge like this in a higher loft to compliment the set

I know the set is 5-P, but is there a 4i somewhere?

Many are ordering the #4 iron from the 2013 onoff forged to solve this.

I have only had my 358s for almost 2 weeks now. 1 round and some range sessions. While I am not sure if the Modus3 is the right shaft for me in the set, the heads absolutely are gorgeous and are amazingly forgiving but provide great feedback and feel. Either with more time or maybe tinkering with shafts, this set could be amazing. For the price, the quality, forging, looks and playability are second-to-none.

I didn't care for the original (2011) version or the 2013's. Just felt chunky to me. Never

got the feel and performance everybody else got.

The 358's are a huge improvement in my book.

Really like the finish/plating/color

Quality is outstanding and noticeable

Playability is about as good as it gets.

The only thing I'm still trying to get used to is the square top line. For me, if they

would have just rounded it off even a little bit these would be the perfect set of irons.

I have only had my 358s for almost 2 weeks now. 1 round and some range sessions. While I am not sure if the Modus3 is the right shaft for me in the set, the heads absolutely are gorgeous and are amazingly forgiving but provide great feedback and feel. Either with more time or maybe tinkering with shafts, this set could be amazing. For the price, the quality, forging, looks and playability are second-to-none.

Ah the modus3, great feel and smooth for steel but sometimes the ball can get away from you especially in wind. I'm re ordering my CB358 with KBS C-Tapers, I know they may not feel as good but it's windy on my home track blowing 30mph today. I've had a set with Roddio i9's and on a non windy day I could swing smooth and get tight tight results, good on my back and joints but in wind, man, my score couldn't take it anymore.

I didn't care for the original (2011) version or the 2013's. Just felt chunky to me. Never
got the feel and performance everybody else got.
The 358's are a huge improvement in my book.
Really like the finish/plating/color
Quality is outstanding and noticeable
Playability is about as good as it gets.
The only thing I'm still trying to get used to is the square top line. For me, if they
would have just rounded it off even a little bit these would be the perfect set of irons.
We have Shingo to thank for that, ya know just throwing this out there I could have these irons stripped and the top lines rounded then refinished in whatever you want. expensive and time consuming but unique. We would have to weight the hosel a bit due to the lost weight.

Man that toe is sharp. Looks great.

As soft as the 2011s?

...The only thing I'm still trying to get used to is the square top line. For me, if they

I agree, the top line almost looks unfinished compared to the rest of the iron...possibly to the point that I could find it distracting at address. And that's coming from a guy with a naked girl painted on his 5w!!!

Good point on the Modus3s in the wind, my experience exactly with them and the 358s.

i find the modus3 to have no problems with the wind, in fact i think they are stellar!

mind you the modus 130 are even higher launch than these.

I didn't really have issues with the 316s in the wind but previously playing the KBS C-Tapers and then the PXIs, both of those had a great piercing trajectory which probably helped in the wind. I am loving the Modus3 in my 316s and probably just need to get used to the overall setup in the 358s.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! Looking to get a set, got few questions if members here can share your valuable experience;

1. Compare to 2013 forged, what are the trojactory and distance like?

2. Did anyone of you reduce or increase the loft and for what reason?

3. I notice a lot of you orderd #4 forged to go with the set, when you play, would you feel any difference?

Much appreciated for the help.

I've had my set for 2-3 weeks now, but unfortunately, I haven't even been able to hit them. Screwed up my back (disc) and everytime I swing a golf club, one of my ribs becomes dislocated and extremely painful. With continued treatment, I hope to be able to do a decent comparison between these (with Roddio I-9's), and my current 2013 Forged set with Recoils.

This waiting is killing me!

I bought a set from mpbachman and I played them a few times. As nice a set of irons as I have hit. Very good forgiveness and control. Good distance and a nice feel. I've had Epon 503s, 702s, Miuras, Titleist, Vega...lots of irons. These are the best, in my opinion.

I suck at hitting irons, however, and only used the 7-PW. I got some PRGR Super Eggs two weeks ago and they are great for my bad swing, so I'm probably going to sell the Labo's cuz they are too pretty to sit in the garage.

Hi! Looking to get a set, got few questions if members here can share your valuable experience;

1. Compare to 2013 forged, what are the trojactory and distance like?

2. Did anyone of you reduce or increase the loft and for what reason?

3. I notice a lot of you orderd #4 forged to go with the set, when you play, would you feel any difference?

Much appreciated for the help.

I weakened the loft by 1* and they are still super long. Instead of the 4 iron I opted for the Type S UT at 24*. work very well from a gapping perspective...

Hi! Thank you fir the reply.

So you #5 is 27* instead of 26* as shown on their website?

I play my 2011 forged #5 at 192 yards with mid-high trojactory.

Does your CB-358 play longer than your 2013 forged? What is the trojactory?

Please help. Thanks.

PS. I took your advice on TS-358, it's really sick! Thank you.

Hi! Thank you fir the reply.

So you #5 is 27* instead of 26* as shown on their website?

I play my 2011 forged #5 at 192 yards with mid-high trojactory.

Does your CB-358 play longer than your 2013 forged? What is the trojactory?

Please help. Thanks.

PS. I took your advice on TS-358, it's really sick! Thank you.

I never played the '13 ONOFFs, but my 5i at 27* is ~200+

My bag is pretty much all ONOFF/Labo and am not carrying a driver...

I never played the '13 ONOFFs, but my 5i at 27* is ~200+

My bag is pretty much all ONOFF/Labo and am not carrying a driver...

Which bag?

Which bag?

One of the bags in rotation at home...

GF modded Labo Putter, TS358, F358(sometime Type S UT 18*), Type S UT 21* & 24*, CB358, S Forged wedges 52* & 58*, '13 Forged 56* all in an ONOFF stand bag

Everything except the putter and F358 shafted up with Roddio shafts... None of the grips are ONOFF/Labo though...

Edited by RIduffer