TM 430 SLDR is going in the Trash. Idiot for putting non JDM in the bag. Now, my nominees for a new JDM driver. Help please.

Mjr. D

I can't hit the SLDR 430 straight. It's good driver when you do... it's long and the feel is pretty good, but it's not forgiving enough for me; I can't stop hooking it. Plus... and most importantly... it's not JDM. I'm a stupid asshole for giving it a shot. Suffice to say. It's going straight to the trash. POS.

I spent the last couple of hours on the forum, going through discussions and checking out pictures and descriptions of all the "best" drivers, available and this is what I came up with:

Kamui Air
Kamui Nitro Foam
Kamui Works Ray
Kamui Pro KPX
Honma Tour World 430 - 8.5
Honma Tour World 455 - 9.5
S-Yard T.388 - 9.5
S-Yard XV forged - 9.5
TPRX D - 8 or 8.5
PRGR Egg 1 - 7.5
JBeam 535 - 9
Modart MA01D - 9.5

I'm looking for very low spin

Mid/Low trajectory.

Best of the best technology (metals).

Best possible feel - soft yet crisp. Think Epon Technity feel.

DEAD NEUTRAL face. This is a must!

Anti left if possible.

7-9.5 loft (if not high launching and ballooning).

Based on the criteria, above, is there one that fits the bill better than the others?

Thanks fellas.

so i take it you didnt buy the Japanese only black one??

and here was me thinking about buying one !!!

No it doesn't come in 9.5

It's funny because I remember you in March saying that it's phenomenal and that it is "probably the best US driver of all time and easily among the best Japanese drivers of all time."

Welcome back to JDM land lol

Kamui Works. Custom order to your specs baby. Go for it.

I keep teling ya

The best heads for ur swing that will handle u are the kamui pro kpx easily no 1

I have no idea why uve not tried this its so similar to thendeep face drivers u seem to go for and its completely anti left.

Or the jbeam 435 or 425

Just bec they aint the newest kids on the block means fk all

The .388 is a bomberbut ull turn it over too easily

Or take a punt and grab a kasco dna From 2003 nothing in10years is better than that head mine is Monster long , its tiny comapct and it will handle speed with aplomb

Try the waccine gts88 tipped about a foot for you

Best shaft there is if u like heavier weighted shafts

I think its better than the p9003x

nowadays

Or you might like the z9003xxxxxxxx

Or

You can always Get another taylor made piece o shiit!

It's funny because I remember you in March saying that it's phenomenal and that it is "probably the best US driver of all time and easily among the best Japanese drivers of all time."

Welcome back to JDM land lol

Haha, I still think it is, I just happen to hook it all the time. Obviously my swing but for whatever reason, it doesn't work with this head. In terms of distance, feel, low launch, spin, workability and versatility I stand by my words. Still, I'm tossing it in the trash.

I keep teling ya

The best heads for ur swing that will handle u are the kamui pro kpx easily no 1

I have no idea why uve not tried this its so similar to thendeep face drivers u seem to go for and its completely anti left.

Or the jbeam 435 or 425

Just bec they aint the newest kids on the block means fk all

The .388 is a bomberbut ull turn it over too easily

Or take a punt and grab a kasco dna From 2003 nothing in10years is better than that head mine is Monster long , its tiny comapct and it will handle speed with aplomb

Try the waccine gts88 tipped about a foot for you

Best shaft there is if u like heavier weighted shafts

I think its better than the p9003x

nowadays

Or you might like the z9003xxxxxxxx

Or

You can always Get another taylor made piece o shiit!

I used to have the Crazy 435 - awesome, long head but bland feel. Great head though, so I'm all for the JBeams. So the Kamui Pro KPX. It's just super low spin and long? Low launch? Forgiving at all? I am interested the .388. I'll hook it you think? How come? Thanks.

So two votes for the Kamui Custom

Two votes for the Modart

One vote for the .388

One vote for the Jbeams

How about this; from my list, what do you guys think is the

a) best feeling

b) longest

c) lowest spin

d) best "tech"

e) most anti left

No love for the Honma Tour Worlds?

Is the Modart low spin/launch? It's a pretty shallow face and doesn't come in 8.5* so I'm kind of worried. I already have the Maxima Type V so I'm not sure it's worth getting the Modart, too...

I find the Modart 9.5 (D not S) definitely low spin and lower launch. I don't think you will be disappointed. I think it would hold its own to all the other heads. Beyond that, grab an Epon Zero :). Not forgiving but all the other characteristics :)

Thanks. Is the modart fairly forgiving? Dead square at address?

Thanks. Is the modart fairly forgiving? Dead square at address?

Being as distance is something you need not worry about I'm thinking something that feels

absolutely amazing, sits square, and is just incredibly forgiving....throw in quality materials

and manufacturing.... something you can pick up very reasonable...

no flaming allowed but.......

pick up a used Epon EM-S and enjoy playing out of the fairway after you wipe the grin off your

face because it felt better than Roxanne did the night before.

I am keeping my EMS and ZR460 forever. IMO, the two best driver heads ever came out of that company.

Hmmm... Haven't heard much about it... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. Anyone else think this is a good choice?

So EMS - great "technity"-like feel. Low spin, forgiving, neutral? Best epon driver for my needs then?

So EMS - great "technity"-like feel. Low spin, forgiving, neutral? Best epon driver for my needs then?

It's definitely forgiving but don't think it has 8.5 and my 10.5 is 0.5 to 1* close. Who knows about spin of the head. It is just such a fairway finder. It's not particularly long but makes the game easier when the ball is on the fairway.

Mjr.D is no mere mortal, not the EMS he will launch it way too high and with too much spin.

It must be at least square to slightly open, low spin and low trajectory or higher CG which leaves him considering different options that most of us would not.

Here is a list of potential drivers that may help:

- Modart MA01D

- Royal Collection 306V

- Custom ordered Jbeam 535 w/custom specs

- Custom Kamui Works Air KM200 w/custom specs

- Geotech RF800 (conforming)

- PRGR Egg1 7.5*

- Mystery CF440

- SYB GOLF PRELITY 7 DRIVER

Attached to a stiff tip, low spin, anti left shaft like the X-Line Heavy, Waccine Combo 88, Quadra TP-V7, etc..

The PRGR EGG 1 is much improved over the original Egg 7. Better feel, more forgiving.

Edited by driverhead

So two votes for the Kamui Custom

Two votes for the Modart

One vote for the .388

One vote for the Jbeams

How about this; from my list, what do you guys think is the

a) best feeling

b) longest

c) lowest spin

d) best "tech"

e) most anti left

No love for the Honma Tour Worlds?

Is the Modart low spin/launch? It's a pretty shallow face and doesn't come in 8.5* so I'm kind of worried. I already have the Maxima Type V so I'm not sure it's worth getting the Modart, too...

this can only be guestiamted for u, bec ur swing is so much stronger than anyone else here , so its going to be with a dash of thought ,adn NOT 100% accurate definitive.

however 1 thing is 100% true

the most anti left...............KAMUI PRO KPX BY...........A.......... country MILE.........!

lowest. kamui pro kpx -8*

best feel....... hmmmm prob the super hyten kasco DNA

tech. no idea. ryoma prob. or the syard

the sayrd needs to be toyed with in terms of shaft, and it needs to eb hot melted its only195 gram head. and that wont do for u in a millin years

i just got mine hotmelted to 200 and put the waccine in it. used it yesterday

dont htink i hiot one hook , its close toe hebst driver ive hit

flight is perfect.

maybe my playing parner can chime in here beci thought it was magnificent.

but itook a long time to this to spec.

the diamana X 80xx shud be right up ur alley as well