Buchi VS200 MB Irons

TourSpecGolfer

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning.. I'll have to go mull over how to purchase. I have a hard time not having an opportunity to throw a club before buying.

• 10 months later...

These are still one of the better CB's to get imo. Called a blade I feel they rival and play like most players CB's winning out in forgiveness and feel.

Agree on the above points.

I currently have Mizuno MP62 ( Half Cavity ) and these VS200 ( Neo MB ) the VS200 have gobs more forgiveness but provides MB like feel on center struck shots thanks to the added meat behind the hitting zone. Conversely, MP62 has CB looks but plays more or less like an MB. Love them both!

Saw these a few days ago, they really do look great. I also liked the look of the straight CBs, the MT203WS.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a set of these used Monday. The came with kbs shafts that are too heavy for me @ 110. Swapped in a MCI 90 in the 8 iron. Going to do a playoff between vega cb vs. these with the same shafts. When I have enough to post I will tell you what I see. But first impression is very exciting.

I don't know much about Vegas... but I really love my VS200 ...

Good luck with your testing!

At the risk of jumping the gun and blubbering about these Buchi's while caught up in the honeymoon phase, in a word, 'wow.' These are the best designed heads for what I have been looking for high and low for years. At least after 3 practice sessions and one very thorough round of golf where I hit each club at least 3x times, this is my impression.

I am playing very well for me recently. Shot my career best last week - + 4, even par on the front 9. This was with the Vega VC-01 cb irons, which I have had for a few weeks. These Vegas are incredible clubs. Beautiful, with amazing feel at impact.

The vs200 are unique clubs... I have never played a club with its combination of attributes.

1. These heads look like a serious club, meant for serious golfers. Playing shots - high, low, curved - is easy.
  2. Long - I like stronger lofts. This means longer carry with a shorter shaft. These are as long as my Epon 503's. The distance difference between well hit and almost well hit is less than 5 yards.
  3. Forgiving - reasonably so - more forgiving than they look like they should provide. The only thing that looks forgiving is there is a pretty wide top line for a player CB or blade.
  4. Feel at impact is all business. A thump, a solid thump. You've hit something, hit it hard. Feels great. It's not soft, but it's not clicky, either. I think this is the best feel quality I ever had. It's a unique feel. The Vega's are a very soft feel. These are not like that at all. I prefer this feel. It creates a sense of connection with impact and this builds confidence.
  5. Turf interaction is great. The test is chipping. You get some help on a slightly fat hit. The sole is not as thin as I like but it's not awful and I am not reluctant to chip with them - which I don't like to do with a lot of CBs.
  6. They have done something remarkable. The 4 iron is playable while the wedge is not an ugly mess. Usually a set has either an attractive wedge or a playable 4 iron, but not both.

So what they've done is design a club that has a great balance - it looks like a club for pretty skilled players but provides more help than it looks like it should. Bottom line: while I am sure this is the honeymoon period, these have the best melding of design features to work for a guy like me. Kudos to the designer. Fabulous clubs. The Vegas - as fine as they are (and they are fine!) - are in a distant 2nd place.

One odd thing... I haven't played steel shafts for years and 90 gram, R shafts are what I think are right for me. I put the MCI shafts from the Vegas in the 8 iron but kept the stiff KBS 110 tour-v in the rest. I hit the heavier, stiffer shaft better and liked the feel better. Maybe I am getting younger and stronger.

Anyway, a long search seems to be over. Driver, putter and irons are in solid. Wedges are next.

Very nice write up, Chuck!

Glad to hear they are working out for you!

Magic clubs that make you younger! I could totally live with that!

thanks for the write-ups. How would you rate these clubs forgiveness compared to the Epon 302 and 503? Perhaps somewhere in the middle like a 303?

I was planning on putting my 503s into play during the freezing winter golf here in northeast. I was considering getting the 303s as the 503 looks too clunky with the open cavity but these VS200s might be the ticket!

thanks for the write-ups. How would you rate these clubs forgiveness compared to the Epon 302 and 503? Perhaps somewhere in the middle like a 303?

I was planning on putting my 503s into play during the freezing winter golf here in northeast. I was considering getting the 303s as the 503 looks too clunky with the open cavity but these VS200s might be the ticket!

I've never hit the VS200 but just by looking at them, including in real life, I'd frankly be shocked if they are more forgiving than the AF302s. In that case Buchi must've done something incredible with these

I only have experience with af301 but vs200 are easily more forgiving.

That sounds fantastic

I have only played the 503 so I don't know about the others. These are equivalent to my Macgregor 1025m which are legendary for 'forgiving' blades. But much longer.

So Chuckie's in love.. haaa. Thanks for the write up. I've been eyeing these since first sight. Can you comment on the clubhead size. It is hard to grock this in photos without a golf ball for reference.

"Chuckie's in love" ... short story. 30th birthday, before marriage, at a bar with friends. Band with hot lead singer girl came to our table, sang "Chuckie's in love' right to me. Nice memory.

Head size ... Length is same as my Macgregors, shorter than Vegas.

here's a size comparo to MP62s. Quite similar really.

More compact than a midsize but not too small.

post-14163-0-91694600-1450497390_thumb.j

post-14163-0-04810900-1450497395_thumb.j

post-14163-0-60597300-1450497398_thumb.j

post-14163-0-13302300-1450497402_thumb.j

Brilliant! Both really but the buchi is a babe. Like Chris says, club has curves in all the right places.

Edited by cuistot

Guys from now till the 23rd I'm offering Buchi VS200 heads 4-PW at 995 + Shipping.

We have some sets on the way to factory for custom refinishes as well.

Buchi VS200 is cut from the same cloth as well, truly outstanding wedges.