JBeam Glorious Fairway Wood Pics!

TourSpecGolfer

Can anyone help with the size/volume of the head? Can't find it anywhere, even their own website....

Will do I just sent them an email about the volume in cc's. hope to have an answer for you shortly.

Wow very interesting!

I found out the RX-FW that is imo compact is the exact same head volume as the Glorious but because the Glorious is shallow it looks larger. The RX-FW and Glorious are basically the same but the glorious is a flattened version.

Glorious FW and RX FW are the same volume.
3W 190cc
5W 180cc
7W 170cc

Two weight ports in the RX would allow heavier I guess?

You liked the RX did you not Chris? Was it that hard to get up in the air?

Two weight ports in the RX would allow heavier I guess?

You liked the RX did you not Chris? Was it that hard to get up in the air?

Really liked the RX, not hard to get into the air at all. I would say just less heel and toe real estate to make contact with so if you are center on your strike it's one of the best options.

Took the Glorious 3W with TPRX FW shaft out to the range today. This thing is flat out fantastic. Very easy to get up in the air and damn long. This combo has a mid flight with a great feel at impact. Sounds solid. Only hitting off the turf today this was easily the longest 3w I have used in a couple of years. Very forgiving. Toe hits had very little impact on distance and only slightly on dispersion. I had the shaft tipped a little to make the combo slightly stiffer and it was a good way to go.

Ash, can you compare directly to ryoma f3 in terms of feel, distance, ease of use, sound, etc..?

Edited by needmoregolf

D

The F3 was always the best 3wood for me. Great ball flight easy to hit off the tee and reasonably good off the deck. Very long and forgiving.

Sound was very much like the D1 driver head

The Glorious is easier to hit and more forgiving. Very long especially in this combo i have. Off the deck i would say longer for me then the F3 was. Sound is ok not to loud. Feel is solid.

I was always sorry i sold the F3, but now with the Glorious I don't miss it at all

Thanks Ash, you addressed my questions perfectly, and now the seed has been planted, damn!!

Is the TRPX fw shaft lighter than your normal spec and would you say that is the perfect match or could one of the classics like the Crazy FW 80 suit just as well with the Glorious?

D

The TPRX FW shaft is lighter and softer to flex then the FW80

The FW80 would make an interesting addition to the Glorious FW. It would bring the ball flight down and make it a low stinger type of shot. The TPRX was tipped to make it a little stiffer for me. Ball flight is mid and gives a good amount of run. I think maybe you might want to try the FW80 in it or the newer version crazy has out.

• 7 months later...

It's the Jbeam Glorious FW vs RomaRo Alpha vs Ryoma D1 FW vs Jbeam TF-FW right now for the best shallow faced forgiving high launch easy to hit category.

Customer feedback from just about all of these has been overwhelmingly positive.

This and the TF both look so forgiving for off the deck shots. Any feedback off the tee?

Ryoma is best off the tee with it's deeper face and shape.

TF & Glorious also good but you can pop it up due to them being shallow.

Ryoma is best off the tee with it's deeper face and shape.

TF & Glorious also good but you can pop it up due to them being shallow.

Would someone who sometimes hit 3 woods off the tee have an issue is what I'm trying to figure out. I'm a + so I don't think popping it up will be too common but some shallow 3 woods are just terrible off the tee.

Would someone who sometimes hit 3 woods off the tee have an issue is what I'm trying to figure out. I'm a + so I don't think popping it up will be too common but some shallow 3 woods are just terrible off the tee.

I would not go TF or Glorious if you will use it off the tee. Get a club designed for where you need it most.

I would not go TF or Glorious if you will use it off the tee. Get a club designed for where you need it most.

I need it most off the deck, I'm not long enough to be going for many par 5s in tournament golf with something less than 3 wood. I will most likely have no hybrids and instead a 2 driving iron (901) setup between 3 wood and irons. My home CC has 2 courses, there are no tee shots that require a 3 wood but from the up tees I might hit it 2-3 times for better accuracy. Most tournaments I'm hitting driver all day because of a "measly" ~255 carry.

I play a 16.5 915F so not a designated tee club, it's good but I'm a low ball hitter and was thinking of looking for a higher launching fairway.

I have the Glorious 15* and my course is so tight that I use 3wd off the tee on 8 holes. I've never hit a pop up with it in the year I have owned it. Truly wish it was 13* but it is an amazing 3w.

I need it most off the deck, I'm not long enough to be going for many par 5s in tournament golf with something less than 3 wood. I will most likely have no hybrids and instead a 2 driving iron (901) setup between 3 wood and irons. My home CC has 2 courses, there are no tee shots that require a 3 wood but from the up tees I might hit it 2-3 times for better accuracy. Most tournaments I'm hitting driver all day because of a "measly" ~255 carry.

I play a 16.5 915F so not a designated tee club, it's good but I'm a low ball hitter and was thinking of looking for a higher launching fairway.

2-3 times average per round is still plenty in the worse case a couple strokes lost maybe.

reliable result low launch/low spin driver w/ very accurate shaft is one solution.

the other is a deep faced FW playing slightly long in length, this way your fairway wood may not be as good contact wise off the deck.

Bottom line is if your with the TF/Glorious/Alpha expect easy clips off the fairway due to a shallow face sound sole design with more toe/heel forgiveness than most and a higher MOI for straighter shots.

Go deeper and the heel and toe real estate starts to pull in and the head gets taller geared toward workability, forgiveness will be closer to center or high and low on the face. this will feel more pure, more rewarding on the perfect struck shot but for most is not the ideal way to save strokes.