shaft shoot out this weekend winner stays , looser departs...,

supo

considering my heads now have been duplicated pretty much with different shafts

ive decided to put the shafts suitability to the sword for the next month till i play some proper golf.

so tomorrows first heavyweight match up is:

jbeam 435 9.5* heads.

diamana stinger X VS quadra fire express 75 s

both of these shafts have been a favourite at some point over the last 5 or 6 years with a meandering in and out of favouritism. when im really hitting a good ball the FEX as been tough to beat , but when ive been off its a handfull for my swing. the diamana i pretyt much love regardless. but if i ( and icant see anayreason why i wont bec there no pressusre tom) hsmoke a few i realy want to see h whats what.

obviously there is NO better here, were talking about 2 upper end quality shafts but its a suitability issue and a winnerstays decision.

the conds, shud be outstanding again .

the builds are slighty differnt and swing weights differnt d3 FEX vs d5 stinger.

which ever suits best, the other gets moved along. and hte winner gets to play the waccine gets next week.

Is that the BM or FX 435?

About the shaft... the WBQ or the TP-V75?

Edited by cuistot

Is that the BM or FX 435?

Those two are identical heads.

The one branded as Jbeam is called Jbeam FX BM-435

and the one from Crazy is called Crazy CRZ-435 even though it is labeled as FX BM-435 :)

There are also 435 II and 435R which are successors to the original 435,

these newer once were not as popular as the original 435

Though I love both of these shafts.

I am betting on the FEx ( assuming it is the original FEx w/ Red,Gold color ) !

My guess

FEX longer

Stinger more fairways

Well what a test it was way way way closer than i anticipated

Way closer and to be honest. I though id already had the answer before i started but by the end it was a way closer test than id ever thought.

The builds made a difference the extra swing weigh of the stinger at d6 felt very dirrerent to the stock d2 ish fireex. one

To be honest im not sure if the heavy head is better suited u can certainly feel it more and the middled ones were noticable thump.

The quadra fire express yes original model . Felt thinner in comparison which shud hold true vs a heavier head .

It makes for a denser feel.

Feel...

Non Centered was def the stinger not close the extra weight makes a full impact a thined fire express felt very thin and tinny

Centered heres wher it gets interesting

The fire express was clearly nicer!

I presume the thinner active tip played its part there whilst not that ooooh yea thuuuuuuuuump the stinger had the 80tlayering really is so addictive esp in a head that dulls impact anyway like the 435 does.

The electricity of the fire express is just so adicitive.

Ok i give feel to the. Quadra.

Fairways hit...,

Stinger, when i had to hit the fairwas that were very thin , it was an automatic choice. The extra weight meant a slower swing and a more controled drive. It was quite a bit lower as well, signicicantly so.

Mises with the stinger were left pulls u cant move this about ina draw its virtuallly impossible. The best shot was a straight drive that tailed off for a cut its jjust a natural shot shape and its easy for me to get regularly excellent shot to have and this does it brilliantly.

The misses with the fex were........yup u guessed it high cut slices.

Much worse result than the stinger

I didnt get too mnay horrors yesterday but a cpl had me head in hands

The stinger i pulled into the left fairway bunkers twice but was never in danger of going ob or off track

The fire exress is always an ever present dnager bec of my swing flaw.

Stinger much more controlled. For my swing

Distance ...,

Non cenetere the stinge reasily won even tho wasnt long its never far off the mark cpl of thinned ones went stright and playable the long ball on lamas went very well . On18 i hit another monster like last week with the kasco it was 100%pured and dead centre 9 iron out. Perfect .

Thefire express on the long par 5was huge noticably long long long.

Def longer than the stinger but no where near as relaible for my swing but the ones i got were beauties!

I give the distance to the fire express over all.

Summary.....

Both are sensational drivers.

More relaible for me is the stinger was automatic to reach for it on the tough holes.

On the par 5s i never even considered it i went straight for. The . Fire express, aimed it out right used the baseball grip and let her rip.

Tinng , yeee ha , the feel is so good its much more enlivening than the heavier duller stinger.

The winner?

Such a hardchoice bec the stinger is more controlled for me. But the fire expres is a nicer feel and. Longer.

And i prefered e hitting it and. Id. Not hesitate to take this one to narita end let her rip in a match play game Vs the baron.

But if i gotta Split them i guess i just have to say the stinger. Only bec. I hit more fairways and its more controlled for me

But its tough.really tough.

If my swing improved to be a consistant draw it wud be the fire express vmore often than not that id go for.

Sriouly tough choice but i goot say its just by the thinnest of margins bec of my swing flaw

The stinger.

Good stuff. Stu-san,

I am going to throw in another possibility in the mix.

If the FEx went in your heavier 435 head, would that have produced different results for you?