Driving iron help

sandee11

So how is the Z-U45 DI compare to say homma DI, epon 901 DI, yonex z01 and mizuno DI? I'm in the market for 18* or 19* DI. Used or new Epon 903 DI is too expensive (compare to brand new Z-u45, honma or mizuno, .)

Is 18* or 19* DI hard to use on fairway? I'm currently gaming 22* and 25* epon 901 DI, no problem getting the ball in the air. Kind of using the 22* (about 190++M carry distance) as driver replacement except par 5.Thx for the help.

Been this route many times have had all the clubs you mentioned but as much as puring a 18* di which is 3/10 times I prefer my chances with a 5w

Don't like Utes as I hook them.

That's what i believed as well.. puring an 18* DI is a bit of a challenge for me.. I'd get a 19* hybrid over DI in my case..

So 18* of DI is harder to hit compare to 5w? Good to know that. I guess I will stick with 5 wood then.

nothing feels as good as nutting a long iron or di. best feeling in golf but statistically

a 5w is much easier for me, higher launch too!

I agree, FW is easier to hit and get the ball moving but I think the DI is more accurate with way less chance of trouble. If you don't flush it and come up short then 90% of the time it is better to be short than short sided or in trouble.

Edited by hutchy

I find that a wood can be more versatile, but off the tee, a DI is really hard to spray. it pretty much just goes forward with tighter dispersion, and depending on your swing and contact will decide how far it goes.

Definitely take a 5w over a 18* di. Great off the tee and fw.

for me, DI's always come down to the track I'm going to play. if there's narrow fairways aplenty, I'd bag the DI that day, but it's def not the everyday club as I'd rather take and extra hybrid, wedge or even driver if the course isn't too tight.

Im exactly the same, depends on the track.

Nice open fairways then I go with a 3W/5W or UTs, narrow tracks then the DI and long irons.

Same goes with big events, pennants etc, I would rather be short and on the fairway with a chance of up and down.

My game isn't the best so the FWs can be a bad choice for me on tight tracks.

Sort of depend on your game also. Lots to consider when building your bag and rotators.

What I will say is its always handy to have both.

Hello

It's an interresting topic , I'm actually having problems with my wood , which is a forgiven one , so i'm looking for different options, I tried the epon 903 , but this is asking too much and not forgiving enough and I'm about to buy the 901 in 19 °.

My idea is to try this DI and other stuff , like UT

i will certainly try to have the 3 options in the bag

The 901 DI in 19 °

A RC 305 in 18 as a 5 wood, opportunity but open to other ideas

And an UT , i have a prgr egg in 21 but i want to try something in 18 , any ideas ?

Stephane

I have the Callaway 18 degree Ute driving iron and I almost never play it. I keep wanting to be able to hit it well, but I am clearly more accurate and have an easier time hitting my hybrid. I should probably spend a little more time on the range with it.