Anyone try swapping out driver heads from a Haute Couture 7D shaft ?

nobmontana

Currently have a 7D shaft with a Grandista Ver. S head on it.

My 7D shaft was spcifically designed around this Grandista Ver. S .

Going into off season, I am thinking about possibly trying the Epon AF105 head with this shaft.

The new Epon head seems to be getting a lot of good reviews since the release earlier this month.

Just want to hear what the experiences are in trying different heads on a 7D shaft that was designed around a specific head in mind. And what was the outcome....

I know I was warned at the time of my 7D purchase that I should be choosing a head that I really like ( i.e. and keep for a long time ) But really, as big of a club ho I am. how can I ever rely on my impulsive instincts? :) I am actually surprised that I have not swapped the head already!!

If this was not a 7D shaft,, I would be on trial head No. 3 or 4 by now.

I am always curious to know how different combos of shafts & heads work for me.

Edited by nobmontana

Good question. I haven't tried that yet, but I have a Zero Kai head sitting here jealously eyeing the 7D on the t388 in the corner bag... <g>

I have swapped a 7D control and a 7D standard out of 435 Black heads into ZY11 heads and they work great !!!

Ditto. I have swapped and played different versions and even have a 7D Distance in a Modart DS head versus a Modart D head (yes, similar but not exact) as we speak. I say go for it. As Chris said, you can always go back ;)

How about durability? Are the 7D shafts super thin walled, especially in the tip, like the Crazy shafts or thicker walled like most other shafts?

Crazy Shafts are surprisingly thin at the tip, but the 7D shafts that i have used are normal tip wall thickness.

Crazy Shafts are surprisingly thin at the tip, but the 7D shafts that i have used are normal tip wall thickness.

Ok, good to know. Yeah, the Crazy shafts are very thin making me wary of pulling a Crazy shaft more than once or twice. The 7D should be fine for multiple pulls then.

Nope, your coach and trainer should remind you not to be messing about until healed.

Nope, your coach and trainer should remind you not to be messing about until healed.

Yeah, yeah I know.... :( Currently week 6 into my 12 week rehab.... sigh....

Stay healthy nobsan, yours is the closest true ho's postal code to mine haaa!

I would think if the head weights are pretty similar, changing heads shouldn't play dramatically different.

well, even if the weight is the same, I was thinking the weight distribution of the head will possibly make the shaft react a bit different.

and spin and launch characteristics of the heads would likely be different as well. I was told 7 D measures each head in detail to optimize

the shaft design specifially for each head.

Stay healthy nobsan, yours is the closest true ho's postal code to mine haaa!

Actually thinking about moving out to your vicinity possibly by next Summer.

An Asian family living in Montana has had its challenges... beautiful scenery, great outdoors and all but no real asian food,

2 local public golf courses and only 6 months of golf during the year.

When I do move out there, we can start building out Northwest headquarters of JDM Ho's:)