GRAND PRIX GP-X3 DRIVER REVIEW.

supo

With the virtual extinction of any thing even remotely resembling any kind of revews over the last , whenever..... I thought id do one for old times sakes. spose its bec everyone is just so educated these days and has everything that's theres no pont anymore.

well this one deserves a review for the one or two guys that are keen on this head I know of..

the grand prIx gpx1

shafted wit ha crazy boron stiff.

45 inch I guess about 315 gram.

its not my driver, id never even heard of it till yesterday.

took it on the range pre game with ,my gamer of yesterday, the kamui pro tp09 with tataki sx 45. inch bombahh.

immedital;y impresed with its relenetless straight drives., time and again, whilst my kamui is a slightly anti left driver the grand prix was arrow straight to draw , albeit it juts a bit softer than I prefer.

flight was higher and prob the perfect arc.

distance was excellent.

ok im gaming 2 drivers today.

on course on course things get different quickly.

but considering I was hitting this well pre game, I thought id give her a bell to start things off.

well 18 holes came and went and 12/14 fairways were hit with it . the two that was not hit was a slice off to the right rough . no issues there. didn't mis s ht fairway by more than 10 yards. and a straight pull into the left rough that needed a punch out but no wghere hear OB nor dead, good results for miss hits

I got a draw shape hapening nicely back nine. ,. just a cpl of yards back to centre. with full grip. when I choked down 1/2 inch I did get it to go a bit too much nad that was the one I pulled. lesson learned.

distance was OUTSTANDING on centre shots.

however..............................................

the gap form great hit to miss hit was monstrous. nothing better illustrated than on 18 when the first ball with a magnificent baby draw hit dead centre and the no 2 ball was hit high centre toe. slight fade shot, but still a pretty good contact. the difference in ball position (same ball ) was close on 40 yards.

now that's a hell of a lot to give up . even tho it was on fairway.. I guess.... 40 yards was the difference fro m a 7 iron in to the flag , to a driving iron some where down there near the green. for a chip and a maybe make the putt but prob not.

which had me thinking last night on the train home sipping a few super chilled asahi suepr drys.

where does this thing stand ?

In all honesty, this was bloody good I really liked it !!!!

I hit it pure and I loved the shape of it. so I thought back to the diffecerence in my kamui pro, the kamui is a slugger of the highest order, I know this intimately and the shaft is sufficiently stiff to make sure dispserison is kept to a minimum, there is no 40 yard disparities with this one. its all or nothing and I don't miss hit much bec im accutley conscious of its DNA.. this is a formula 1 driver. although I was hitting a grand prix. well the difference is pretty big.

heres my thoughts....

the grand prix is a super easy driver to hit. the kamui is a home run hitter.

the gp is BIG the kamui is compact but elongated.

the gp looks easy the kamui looks all busisness.

both go LONG. the kamui doesnt go short, the gp can when not hit 100%.

more carry with the gp. miles more roll with the kamui

gp is looser, kamui is tight like a tiger.

id probably opt for an SX shaft in the GP that might tighten it up a tad and maybe cure the dispersion issue,

conclusiioon, if I was driving the ball well ,id never take the GP over the kamui in a million years, but if im struggling a bit for consistency , the GP is RIGHT up there for a super easy confidence building driver.

the match with the shafts is just superb, I saw nor suspected no evidence that this wud NOT be a good match with anything that suits the user.

the kamui is my prefered driver.. but its pretty much a driver id use only when im hitting it well.

the GP is cud shaft up with the same shaft but slightly stiffer and take with me. in case I feel nervy one day.

if ur looking for a new driver , then the GP is somehitng that shud get some research.

I rate this high.. it cud easily take over my spot as control driver with no issues at all

and its sneaky long!

lots of thumbs ups.

Edited by supo67

Great review. -- thanks for that.

NO WONDER................ the bloody thing is nON conforming!!!!!!!!

no wonder its sneaky long!!!

hahaaah

ka-booooooooooooooooooooooooooom !

I guess try the version 2 and 3.

it was the arc that got me in.. it was a thing of beauty.. shudda known something was up when there was bloody 40 yards difference!!!

I have the X2 and it is fantastic just lite Stew said. Perfectly straight and long. Love it.

well..........well................well............

I was wrong

it IS a gpx3.

checked this morning

wow this opens a whole new world of possibilities

I think the kamui pro tp07 actually comes in left handed. Can you describe this driver a little more for me?

yea.. its 440 cc, mid size ,deep black head which makes it look smaller.

face is smaller and rounded elongated t shape hat appears to sit upright at address, thus making it appear to look like it wants to hit draws..

but it really doesn't favour that side.

at first iwas a bit scared coming down so much in size from the egg, but really its pretty easy to hit when u hit it a lot. its def not a GI head..

forget the shaft choice.

its a really hot face. the ball expodes off the face its like theres minimal cpmpression nad its not a springy feel its a "ting".

im not 100% sure but im pretty convinced I get the most distance from this head. and I don't really loose too much when its not centrerd.

every time I play it it goes up a notch in my pecking order, its not no 1 .. but its in the A-bags now.

I basically use it when im hitting the ball sweetly.

it doesn seem to go that high its a flatter arc with plenty of roll aftyer landing

id suggest it for lower markers, I don't think its the thing for c-graders . the face is prop too small for confidence.

Edited by supo67