nakashima golf

Lowpro

would like to hear all anyone has to comment on this company-it's products >> np-1 drivers, fairway and utilty clubs. they are new this year to the us market and putting alot of money behind it. i will be hitting the 380cc version this week and weekend and look forward to seeing if all the hype is true. i work at a custom golf store and recieved the nakashima booklet about two weeks ago and since have been getting alot of questions about these drivers. so would just like to know if anyone has hit them and their views. thanks for your time, ken

**i am by no means trying to sell anything here-mearly info**

just for general info::

put a 9.5* 380cc head with a prototype aldila NVS75. new shaft coming out later this year. low torgue-low kick much like the fujikura tour release and purple ice shaft.. 45'', d-1 sw. other drivers tested it against> gemini w/tour release 27.3 and alpha version-2 400cc w/ aldila nv 75. nakashima > medium ball flight and alot of roll. the head sounds like a tank going off and the ball gets down the fairway like a tank shot it.

good forgiveness,looks and the feel of a froged head-really nice. now the sound is just something different and not really as loud as a tank going off but it has that effect--too many nights watching old war movies--. anyway the nakashima is not the second coming but it is a very very solid club head- forged feel,nice workabilty and great roll. as for the three clubs hit>> distance wise they were all within 5-10yrds of each other. nakashima and the alpha head i got more roll with - any questions just ask. thanks,ken

Demo'd the Nakashima and the KZG Gemini this morning. Nothing wrong with the Nakashima, very nice head, nice looking, good feel, etc., but it sets up a little closed, as does the 395cc Gemini. My misses are mostly hooks, so I selected the square sitting 355cc Gemini in black, as I knew I would before I even hit any. Will pair it with a Fuji 569 Speeder.

Jeff

Good morning from California. This is my first post here on TSG. First let me take a moment to thank all of you on a great community. This is truly the premier site for anybody addicted to this game. I have been on this site for the past 2 months and only until now do I feel the courage to post on a board full of such brilliant and articulate golf hos. So thank you all...now on with my review.

I am very fortunate enough to be great freinds with a local club-fitter...the only one in Nor-Cal who is SST certified. Anyhoot, he gives me all sorts of drivers and shafts to try on a nightly basis. I have tried them all, SMT, KZG, Kasco, Titliest, TM, etc...in every excotic shaft imaginable. There are ones that impress, ones that I hit thrice and and forget, and then ones like the Nakashima NP1 that I hit once and imediately fall in love with. This driver is truly amazing. It has a an electric face that just launches the ball in orbit. I have an Accuflec Icon Tour Prototype that specs to about 8.0 which you can imagine is a little on the stiff side but my god...is this driver the cream of the crop. What I love most about the Nakashima apart from the sexxy looks of 380cc head, is the amazing distance and accuracy on mis-hits. I have about a 118 ss with this and I was still launching the ball 270 off the toe....truly remarkable. The driver just sets up so nice at address that for me inspires the utmost confidence. It is also fairly easy to control and shape shots. Thought it is a little harder for me to turn it over than my 975J, I think that's due to the 8.0 shaft. But if i really focus on releasing my hands and driving with my right side, I can produce that pretty draw. Anyway, I hope I passed the test of my first post, PM me if you have any questions. Again, thank you all for making this such an awesome community.

Cheers,

Diego

the nakishima stuff looks good, but i wouldnt order one without trying it 1st. just being a priced component isnt enough to make me bite. not a knock against them but they just arent proven yet. lots of hype so far but theyll have to be in circulation for a little while before we know for sure if they are the real deal.

Thanks JerryMB. I have tried the LaJolla, with an Aldila NV 75 S. I must say I was pretty impressed. Its got a great shape, set-up well, and has a fairly large "Sweet Spot". To tell you the truth, it reminds me a lot of the 975J. The only thing I didn't like about it was the trajectory. Now obviosly a different shaft would have remedeed this problem, but I guess I just wasn't THAT impressed to try out new combos.

Diego

The launch of the Nakashima is very boring...takes off at a medium height and flattens out. Truly wind piecing...and just a ton of roll.

The Lajolla was a little higher, seemed to be a little risky in the wind. It had the tendency to be a little "feathery". Hope this helps.

-D

well it wont be long, the reviews will start comming in,  JerryMB

Jerry:

I finally got to hit the 380 9.5*. Installed an ETA75 stiff and my god is it a nice combo. The ETA is playing pretty stout but the control is fantastic and the ballflight is a like a bullet. The 380 sounds much nicer than the 420 but is a bit less forgiving I find. The 420 launches more than 1/2* higher but then the 757 in it is playing softer too. Like Lowpro/Ken said....it's not the second coming but it's pretty damn close.

jerry,

wait till you hit the fairway woods and try out the utility wood.. the 19 or 22 even if you don't need to-- they are equally as nice as the drivers.. ken