Driver shaft for 80-85mph, and easy 7Fw

feduher

Hi,

I´m 67 y.o. and I have been fitted today, and that is my horrible speed with de driver, I will be pleased if you can give you advice about which shaft´s brand and model  can be very good for this speed, my hdcp. is 10.

Also I need advice for one easy 7Fw.

Thanks to all you

I have a similar swing speed and would recommend the PRGR Red 11.5* driver w/ stock SR or R shaft. I have never been more consistent off the tee.  For the 7 FW I had the opportunity to hit the new Crazy CRZ Full Titan and found this very easy to hit. Shaft it with the Crazy FW.

xxio 7 wood easy to play

Really depends on what you are looking for? I used to have a NS Pro Regio Formula 55stiff (the blue one) that was a good shaft but very soft for a stiff. I can imagine that the R flex would fit your SS. But it is not necessarily a high launch shaft by the profile, I believe. 

I think ryoma Beyond power or roddio slim amorphous 

I have both Regio and Evo 1 and 2, the Evo is much better feel for the seniors and slower swing speed player.  While Regio is cheaper but you just can’t go wrong with Evo. I play Evo 2 474 R flex but the 50s g would be similar but lower torque.  I am also older than you.  Somehow it seems that the Evo run out more than other shafts.  

• 3 weeks later...

If just the shaft alone, I'm not quite sure. I just bought a Geotech  Aerial 168 alpha-spec with Airspeeder Plus for my dad. Don't forget give this super light combo a try. It took me me by surprise for it's consistency and the ease of use. The head is too thin for me to hit with full force so I can't tell how long it can go. All I can say, with effortless swing, this thing just go straight time and time again. If you worry about cracking the club face, go for the confirming version. It shouldn't let you down. The shaft is light and smooth. Most of all, it always keep you in the fairway.

Edited by Calvin