Put the Zinger 5 in play today

chiromikey

On my quest for a geriatric set up until I can get back in the gym I decided to build a lighter driver than my tank 435/7D set up. That shaft is 85g XX and the head is around 310g. I still hit it well but just don’t get the shaft to flex like I used to. So I mounted a Ryoma D1 Vspec on a Zinger 5.

My first impression was that I’m never going to be able to time the delivery of this shaft. It literally feels so sloppy when waggling the club in your hands. Then you hit a few shots and most of what everyone says about these multi/auto flex shafts is pretty accurate. Somehow it actually does stabilize itself in the downswing. It’s able to do what you want. If you want to lag it behind it stays there. If you want to whip it through, it does that too. It never put me into big trouble even on my bad swings. My timing was definitely off since this was my first outing with it but it still rewarded me with a nice medium trajectory and my expected draw ball flight every time. Feel was very soft and stable but I think the Ryoma makes everything feel good. With the Crazy LaBomba that was in there, the feel was also there but I couldn’t time that shaft to save my life these days so it sprayed my drives all over the place.

I can’t say I found any magic distance with this shaft. In fact this set up can’t out drive the 435…but I was able to finish the round without the utter exhaustion I experience by hole 14 when swinging that tree trunk. I think it will be a good combo until I can get back in the gym, when my swing is off, or if I haven’t played in a while.

I’ve been intrigued by the Zinger since it came up on the tsg blog. Now that I'm turning 72 the Driver is so important to my game. I went from Diamana SR to Muzik R about 235cpm in a Callaway ERC II and it’s lovely. Tee shot is 210 to a rare 240yds. I picked up two Jbeam and a Grandista heads that I need to shaft. Been searching for years for another Muzik premium in R or R2 but you just don’t see them. You still playing the naked lady driver? Love that paint job

Lol, the pin up girls were on my 3w and 5w and I have been playing them both until today. I also tried to replace the 3w with new Roy Col TM-X today with zero range time and it didn’t do well. It’s drastically different than Tourstsge!

9 hours ago, supo said:

i wont say much except

just bec its new....

20230616_190319.jpg

And what is that…?

dont  guarantee  its gonna be  better........

for eg.
 i rehit the ryoma yesterday  d1 3w.
thats got a feel of its own. tight lie fairway. that and the modarts,oh and the ORIGINAL  egg spoon which i re did and sent back to oz for links  are 
 still the most enjyable  fws  to hit.

deeper grass, the RC  f series, and cv take  my cake.

hotter temps here have seen an increase in ball distance for us  by a signifacnt degree,  back in are the stingers and dia X  shafts.
the NS protos and  mons are also in lay on irons.

there really is a difference in  summer winter golf.

th RC are back i nthe bag form  now as well, out  go the sleek  FWs  above. 

Edited by supo

I have the Zinger 5 in my Callaway Paradigm driver and just loving it - best shaft I've had in years....and I've tried plenty.