3 wood rabbit hole

Housey

I am discovering that the Japanese market is a dangerous rabbit hole to go down...

After a lifetime of struggling to find a three wood that I like, I now have 4, all of which have a chance of going in the bag.

S Yard xv (kuro kage black tini 80)

Kamui pro tp xf (tour ad f65 stiff)

jbeam tf-3 (crazy regenesis fw 80 stiff)

Mystery c-ht 511 fd (fsp mx-fw 60 6.3)

Can any of you compared any of these head to head? (Meaning heads rather than the specific head shaft combos I have mentioned)

Are there other classics I should potentially seek out?

(Bearing in mind, I'm looking for reasonably priced second hand clubs that I might be able to get my hands on in the UK - none of the above cost me more than £40)

(100 mph driver, low ball hitter, tendency to miss left so prefer square or open faces... Will get a mix of fairway and tee use)

Thanks

Ian

syard - good off grass , shaft plays pig part in this set up ,  better ( one of the very best  from tee)_.

kamui pro  superb off deck  ( one of the best)  not  so from tee, too sleek, elongated oblate , ballooning more than  possible for tee.

jbeam - similar to te  syard.

same as mystery.

- crazy fw series -  prob ebst from tee, higher lofted ones  great form grass

royal collection ( i use ) best over all  combos .

ryoma better off grass, sorts o usab;e from tee box, NOT TEE, same as prgr egg .

prgr egg  mfd- cud posssbly  be, along with RC ( shaft dependent  HUGE here )  the best of all of them..very finicky with shst selection   unnervingly straight. almost imposible to  zing about

modart - allrounder  again off grass superb, off tee BOX, not tee, very solid , best feel on ANY FW on planet earth. jsut dont need a tee.

Thanks very much for your responses.

Just had the chance to hit some of the three woods side by side...

The jbeam is a "3+" which I had assumed was a strong three wood but it launches pretty high and further research seems to suggest it is actually a 4 wood at 17.5*.

I agree the Kamui is difficult to hit from the tee and the Mystery seems quite similar...43.5 and 44" respectively and quite difficult to make consistently good contact.

Loving the jbeam and s yard though.

Owari.... Sorry, I can't resist asking which royal collection three wood you would recommend... I was a big fan of sonartec and still carry a hb001 hybrid (albeit I appreciate this was pretty much the only sonartec club that wasn't a straight USA remarketing of a royal collection design!)

i use a lot of them.  bbd  type  2 is pov my all time fave fw.

theres  nothing  bad about it. hadles any shaft  is   workable and feel is amazing.

these are  still  mine now

20231011_130932.jpg

20231011_130739.jpg

20231011_130810.jpg

Edited by owari

if uawant to try one like these  buz me. i just  did 2.for.my  buds ., not picked  em up till Eom. 

I have my eye on a bbd's 304t... I don't suppose you know the difference between that and the S which you have pictured please?

Oops... I see yours is a 304f which I think must be a slightly later model?