Another price drop!! Yamaha Forged Iron heads (2 sets!!) and VD wedges ( 2 sets )

I'm selling off all my Yammy irons.   

I love how they look and feel but they just don't help my game compared to the old TR500 with the stock M-43 shafts.  

I'm honestly shocked that I couldn't work with these great Yamaha irons but it is what it is.  

1. 2012 Inpres X Tour Model 5-PW heads only (Condition 8/10) -  SOLD!!
  2. 2020 RMX 020 5-PW heads only  (Condition 9/10) - $300 $250 $200 + Shipping
  3. 2022 RMX VD Tour Model 5-PW heads only  (Condition 9/10)   - $350 $300 $250 + Shipping
  4. 2024 RMX VD/R 5-PW + VD/M #5  (Condition 9.5/10) - $600 $550 $400 + Shipping SOLD!!
  5. 2022 RMX VD Tour wedges 51 & 57  (Condition 6/10)  -  $75 $50 + Shipping for both 
  6. 2022 RMX VD Tour wedges 51 & 57  (Condition 8/10)  -  $150 $100 + Shipping for both

Each set has 1 or 2 heads that have minor nicks or rock chips.  Happy to provide additional pics upon request. 

These extremely soft S20C heads are just too easy to damage in play at my home course.   

Feel free to ask questions, but low ballers will not be responded to and promptly be blocked!! 🙂 

IMG_1993.jpgIMG_1994.jpgIMG_1995.jpgIMG_1996.jpgIMG_1997.jpgIMG_1998.jpg

Edited by nobmontana

Wow, Yammy fire sale. Nice platter of forged titbits! I still have a set of 2012s I game occasionally, excellent irons. GLWS

Whats the damage on the VDRs? Pics please. 

16 hours ago, Hutch said:

Wow, Yammy fire sale. Nice platter of forged titbits! I still have a set of 2012s I game occasionally, excellent irons. GLWS

Whats the damage on the VDRs? Pics please. 

Here you go.   7 has a light scratch on the sole.  9 has a tiny rock chip on the sole.  The other heads have no marks that I can find.   

IMG_2069.jpgIMG_2068.jpg

• nobmontana changed the title to Price Drop!! Yamaha Forged Iron heads (4 sets!!) and VD wedges

Dropping prices in hopes to move these fast as I'm heading over to Japan for 4 weeks starting March 3.    

• 2 weeks later...

VD/M is multi material player's distance cavity ( think Srixon ZX5)  

VD/R is single piece forged.  ( like Srixon ZX7 )  

Couple of degrees stronger loft on the VD/M vs VD/R  

The 2012 inpres x are very interesting . Do you have pictures showing the face and bottom, please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi NobMontana

I'm stil interested in these - 

1. 2012 Inpres X Tour Model 5-PW heads only (Condition 8/10) - $250 $200 + Shipping

Are they still available?

Thanks for your reply,

Amyas

Probably one of the best deals in golf..

Not exactly vacation but I am back now.   🙂   

Was back in Japan caring for my 87 year old dad and his wife.  

Spending a month with them during their physical recovery from an injury reminded me how quickly time flies and also how precious it is to be healthy with mobility.  

Will be responding to PMs shortly.   Sorry about the wait. 

On 3/1/2024 at 5:57 AM, zenman4711 said:

Are the VD/M one piece or two?

Thanks.

VD/M is the multi-material version of their latest line up.     For sure, one of the better feeling multi-material heads I've tried.  

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 6:02 AM, zenman4711 said:

Also, difference between VD/M and VD/R?

VD/M a couple of degrees stronger lofted.  Slightly more forgiving on off center hits thanks to the multi material construction. 

VD/R is your traditional single piece carbon steel forged.   I believe they still use heat treated ( annealing )  S20C carbon steel.  

With the VD/R they designed it so that the CG ( center of gravity ) is closer to the center of the face.  traditionally,  CG has been closer towards the heel in many of the single piece forged irons.    

In my opinion, VD/R is one of the softest feeling players cavity backs out there.  Like many modern players irons sold today, there is a bit of offset.  overall a very good set of irons.  I was really looking forward to these.   But for me,  an older PRGR TR500 gave me better results.  Maybe my swing is just old school like the rest of me!   LOL

Edited by nobmontana

2012 Tour Models are sold!!  

• nobmontana changed the title to Another price drop!! Yamaha Forged Iron heads (3 sets!!) and VD wedges ( 2 sets )

Another price drop dudes!!!   Get them while you can!! 

6 hours ago, zenman4711 said:

That is insane pricing. If I hadn't bought the 2012s, I'd be all over the VD/R. GLWS.

there's always room for a back up!! 🙂  

On 4/7/2024 at 6:52 AM, zenman4711 said:

Received the 2012s yesterday. If anything, you underrated the condition. They look better in person than photos. Thanks and GLWS...somebody buy the other Yamahas...please...

Appreciate the feedback!!  Hope you enjoy those ‘12s!!