standard?pictid={73CF5405-C3EB-464A-A99C-DF96E40CFDC8}

standard?pictid={8DB0C041-0DDF-459B-89FB-0B4E5DEC4D2C}

standard?pictid={8CC3E0A5-768A-44B4-B158-724D402F91AE}

Tourstage X-Drive 390 prospec vs Taylormade R7 Quad

standard?pictid={9AA33517-95DC-4EAA-8784-4BA7B3C4D63D}

standard?pictid={E5914CA9-58F8-4B46-A21B-BB03EEF1A750}

standard?pictid={313BB6B7-660A-4E55-A8BB-EB2F3849206E}

standard?pictid={2D6B4EA8-6B3F-4C00-B8B9-2580F23551EB}

Today was my second round with the Taylormade R7 quad driver. Todays setting was High-Left. The first thing i think of is the 510TP, these two drivers have a very deep face with just about the same feel and distance. Today It was a rainy day on an almost empty golf course so i hit 6 balls total 2 with the R7, 2 with the X390, & 2 with the 510TP on every hole for 9 holes and was able to get some great feedback from all three. The X390 was the longest even though it is conforming when the R7 is high C.O.R, the R7 was closest to the center all day long helping my fade straighten out. The ball flight of the R7 on several holes was very strange it almost faded then began to draw. I think the thing that could make the R7 longer is the fact that it reduces the spin you don't want by changing the configuration. It has the same exact feel as a 510tp which was no surprise. The R7 was more forgiving than all three of the drivers except on heel and toe shots when compared to the X390.

I am going to need more time with the X390 & R7 Quad before i figure out which one stays in the bag. The R7 I bought is not a Tour Issue as far as I know, its just an early production model with no serial #s. My R7 looks square to half a degree open. The X390 is visually much more open.

Do you think it will end up being a big improvement over the R500 series? Or is it just the fact the because you can change the ball flight it will help the player more.

So far from all reviews and looks and stuff, If I was getting a new driver it would be the Ignite over the R7. :)

Oh yes we cant forget the Nike Ignite, I think it feels better than the TM and should be considered a top contender against these drivers.

With the new R7 I am going to go to the practice range before the round and figure out what my drives will do that day then adjust the weights and hit the course, Today I felt I could have done a lot better with a different configuration than i started the round with. I really wish they sold the Expansion weight kit with 18, 14, 4 & 8 gram weights. If your a Ho then this is a fun toy. Its a 510TP with adjustable ball flight :)

400cc

Sweet...~

Hope you can give us another review for the two.

I am still debating which one to order?? :)

Sweet...~

Hope you can give us another review for the two.

I am still debating which one to order??  :)

I plan on taking the two drivers to a grass practice range and a swing analyzer to better see what will result in longer straighter drives. I will be taking an Ignite 380 Demo along also. I definitely think one of these three drivers will be for me its just what exactly do I want :? better feel? More forgiving? Straighter? Beauty at setup? I'm gonna say whatever makes my score lower works this time. I actually hope the R7 works out best for me, I have had many TPs & DFs that I just couldn't get used to. Has the muted feel and crack of a tourstage ruined my taste for Taylormade? Only time will tell :oops:

Waiting for Clubs to come into the Pro Shop/Training Center.

Really want to try the R7 and set up changes.

Already demo'ed the Tourstage. 8) Nice stick 8)

and yes, awaiting Ignite!

400cc

That TourStage looks so much bigger from address. Shows how much deeper the TM is and what the face is like on the X390. I like the faces that are a wider and produce more spin like the X390. It helps my distance.

Chris, what shafts do you have in both?

OK guys just finished round number 3 with the Ignite, R7, and X390 and there is now a club that I can say i strongly feel is Superior in everywhere it counts. The face wasnt as deep as the nike or TM but its still deep and I took the advice from another X390 thread about not teeing it to high and that made a world of difference which ultimatly made the X390 just better overall to me.

The Tourstage X-Drive 390 pro spec was longer, with less spin, more forgiving on heel and tow hits which i like and set up the most square. I play the X390 with Graphite Design W60 Shaft in Stiff its 60g 4.4tq. I checked the loft and its specs were 9.6 degrees and sat .7 degrees open.

The R7s head sets up great smaller than the X390, I rate this driver better than the ignite to my surprise the 9.5 sits square the 8.5 is half a degree opened. My R7 has a Fujikura 569 in stiff kinda similar to the W60 and the ball flight is much higher probably due to the High - Left setting i have the screws set to. The R7s loft is stated at 9.5 but its 10 degrees when tested the face was almost square. I like this toy a lot just wish they added this technology to a head similar to the 540XD with a longer heel - toe face.

The Nike Ignite 380 with blue G felt better than R7 but seemed shorter than both drivers and more prone to pull it with its half degree closed face. At set up it ranked 3rd place but from looking at the face its shape is just awesome. The 380 is the Deep face of the Ignite line in Japan maybe the 410 would better suit me with its square face longer heel - toe face size and perhaps i didn't give it a fair try with its ignite Blue -G, but the Blue-G is a top notch shaft and it shouldn't have made a big difference. One great thing is that the 9.5 tested at 9.6 closest to specs of the three. It was also perfectly a half degree closed.

So theres my take on these 3 very promising clubs. I'm a big Tourstage fan so that may account to why i picked the X390 but I tried my best to be objective as well as not really thinking about feel & Sound. I now Know the X390 is the best for my score.

standard?pictid={8465CE5C-3E72-4A72-859C-D31207CA0DF9}&exp=f&moddt=38051.9078123727

standard?pictid={2D6B4EA8-6B3F-4C00-B8B9-2580F23551EB}

standard?pictid={9FA042A4-1B9B-417C-BD93-2389CCDBBA8A}

O.K. my turn send me all three clubs next. :D :D :D

I will pay for shipping and will return two of them in the next four weeks and the other on around December. :D

Chris,

I'm glad my experience with tee height helped you assess the X-390. Mine has the BlueG 6.5 stiff and I get great distance with it. However, I'm toying with the idea of another shaft to generate a slightly higher ball flight. Any recommendations? I've played Fuji 661 for quite a while and I may try it in the X-390 but I'd still like to consider other options, especially from the Japan GD line. Having said that, I really like the new graphics on the new Fuji line! Decisions, decisions...

Chris,

I'm glad my experience with tee height helped you assess the X-390.  Mine has the BlueG 6.5 stiff and I get great distance with it.  However, I'm toying with the idea of another shaft to generate a slightly higher ball flight.  Any recommendations?  I've played Fuji 661 for quite a while and I may try it in the X-390 but I'd still like to consider other options, especially from the Japan GD line.  Having said that, I really like the new graphics on the new Fuji line!  Decisions, decisions...

Try a Japanese Fuji Six Tour Spec or a Graphite Design W60 I really enjoy both of those shafts.

Here is a small update id like to share about my round with the R7 today after swapping the shafts, I put another W60 in the R7 at 45.5 inches, The new setup was almost 15-20 yards longer than my 44.5 inch X390. R7 Good toy but I'm surprised no men on the JPGA yet :?

Chris,

I'm glad my experience with tee height helped you assess the X-390.  Mine has the BlueG 6.5 stiff and I get great distance with it.  However, I'm toying with the idea of another shaft to generate a slightly higher ball flight.  Any recommendations?  I've played Fuji 661 for quite a while and I may try it in the X-390 but I'd still like to consider other options, especially from the Japan GD line.  Having said that, I really like the new graphics on the new Fuji line!  Decisions, decisions...

Try a Japanese Fuji Six Tour Spec or a Graphite Design W60 I really enjoy both of those shafts.

Here is a small update id like to share about my round with the R7 today after swapping the shafts, I put another W60 in the R7 at 45.5 inches, The new setup was almost 15-20 yards longer than my 44.5 inch X390. R7 Good toy but I'm surprised no men on the JPGA yet :?

I actually might try the W-70 in a non-conforming X-390. Will play a bit more with the Prospec and then decide if I want to try other set-ups.

What is DG W60? Is this one of the top of the line GD shafts like Blue G? Is the stiffness comparable to Fuji SIX?

Id say the Blue G is at the bottom of the Graphite Design Japan line up.

The W60 & W70s were just released here are some specs:

W-60 63g 4.8 8.50/60 15.40 Retail Price: 42,000

W-70 72g 3.6 8.50/60 15.65 Retail Price: 42,000

What your looking for when purchasing a GD shaft is the Tour-AD series.

w70.jpg

Its super fast maybe all 4 can be removed and re inserted in about 1 minute if your quick 2 if your just relaxing.

I have found the BlueG to be an excellent shaft. It's as good if not better than the top end Fuji's. I've played. If it's considered the bottom of the line Japanese GD the others must be amazing.

I did enjoy the blue G it perhaps may be better for my swing than the Tour AD series, When I hit the blue G it was overall more user friendly and less demanding great shaft.