Attention!!

PxExG

I wont post further if there are no responses to this thread. I finally have my clubs:

MARU SPEC 8.5* with 652 Speeder

SS-03 14* with 869 Speeder

MR-23 US Spec CB 2 iron

Titleist 670MBs 3 - Pw refinished in Satin & Custom Ground. blueprinted with PX 6.5s

Scratch Satins

I will review & debate & post pics if people want to see them, but I do not want to bore people either (since no one seemed to respond to my MARU thread)

Patrick

Patrick,

I enjoyed your Maru post and wouldn't mind seeing more reviews so I'll ask a question.

Have you hit the J340? How does it compare to the Maru if you have hit it?

btw, 44 inches on the driver...do you get more control at that length? I am thinking it's better to sacrifice some length to find the center of the club face a few more times.

I am a tall person - about 6'4 and I play my irons at 1/2" longer. However I always found that I drove better when I gripped down a little bit. So when I was ordering my last driver (983E) I ordered it at 44" D4. What a club! seriously, I lost no distance & was even more accurate. I found I could turn the ball over more naturally & I felt in control of the head throughout the swing. Now I was not comparing EXACTLY like with like, ie a 45" 983 against a 44" 983 but I think I found my ideal playing length through an educated guess & sheer dumb luck.

J340 - no never hit. This is my first really high end driver, but have played all retails & a few Tour TMs. Played again today & the MARU is still no even close to being where I would like it.

I wont post further if there are no responses to this thread. I finally have my clubs:

MARU SPEC 8.5* with 652 Speeder

SS-03 14* with 869 Speeder

MR-23 US Spec CB 2 iron

Titleist 670MBs 3 - Pw refinished in Satin & Custom Ground. blueprinted with PX 6.5s

Scratch Satins

I will review & debate & post pics if people want to see them, but I do not want to bore people either (since no one seemed to respond to my MARU thread)

Patrick

I hate you........ :twisted: 8)

Here we go:

I shall start on the 3 wood :w00t:

Its a Sonartec SS-03 head 14* face angle is perfectly square, its shafted with a Fujikura Speeder 869 (nothing but the best) Stiff at 42.625" D4 Lamkin Crossline Sof-Cord Round +1/32" Logo down.

At address, man does this club look sweet. Take the simplicity of the old Orlimars, the dark classy finish of the 983s and an absolutely ideal face depth. It does frame the ball beautifully & just sits perfectly square/true. I like the lack of alignment aid & the size of the head suits my eye too.

Performance - this is my first 3 wood that I can honestly say I can do anything with. I have had PTs, Steelheads, V-Steels etc and while all had their +++ nothing was as well rounded as this. I get a lovely flat trajectory out of this club and its perfect! lol. See I am not long enough to hit a bullet low 3 wood, just dont carry the ball far enough for a 2/3 air 1/3 roll 3 wood shot. However, this club beats the wind just like that bullet yet still carries nicely. Today my 2 fav shots were totally different. I had 240 out on a par 5, (its a short one dont worry) I hit a pure strike - the ball just took off - flat high flight, wind was off the left but didnt really affect it. ended up just on the front of the green. YES!

A few holes later there is a very short par 4 dogleg left & if you can cut the corner & shape your shot its great. I had a helping wind of the right & was not comfortable drawing the MARU so I decided to try the 3 wood. Hit this most perfect piercing draw, moved about 10 yards in the air, hit hard ran up onto the green & fell off pin high right.

I was not looking forward to this 3 wood, as much as I was the driver. Boy was I wrong & in for a great surprise. I also found it reasonably easy to hit, not in the league of a PT tough for sure.

Any questions - just ask!

PS - shaft feels great, lovely weight, great kick, tons of feel and flat trajectory.

Here goes the MR-23 2 iron.

Again this club has some reputation & I can definitely see why. At address it is simple & elegant but in your hand there is a certain inherent class about it, almost a mystique. This one is at the same specs as the rest of my set, however I got S-200 in it. Feels really nice I must say, more lively than the Project Xs IMHO.

One hole today set up perfect for my 2 iron, par 3 about 225 with a little bank short left. It was into a fresh wind from the left. I hit a beautiful flat strike, ball landed just short left & skipped onto the dance floor. Wind did not touch it at all & distance was as far as my previous 2 iron (MP-33)

Feel - yikes. This club is pure. Best feeling iron I have ever hit, leaps and bounds better than my MP-33s and even the 670s now. Its soft + solid, actually quite comparable to the Scratches, except just a little harder.

I love this club & its definitely a keeper!

ok I have pics taken & e-mailed to a few friends. I just need them hosted!

hope these look ok:

53789_pat1.jpg

53790_pat2.jpg