G-Zone Coming to the States?

As many of you may or may not know Gauge Japan and Gauge U.S.A are no longer allies, in fact both brands are manufactured on opposite sides of the world now. IMHO Gauge Designs could be #2 in the putter industry if they could just work together.... Unfortunately that will never happen so Gauge Japan has just registered the name G-Zone and the G logo in the U.S and is preparing to enter the U.S market in full force probably in the next several years. The Gauge Custom Design Studio is amazing and offers custom options that no other putter company has offered before. We have several lucky members on this board who have already ordered custom putters from Gauge Japan and they are almost complete, take a look:

If this one had 8 small ingots and 2 large It would be mine! :twisted:

normal_P1010205.JPGnormal_P1010204.JPG

normal_P1010200.JPG

Could this be a G-Zone Insert proto?

normal_P1010196.JPGnormal_P1010197.JPG

This one still needs small Ingots..Expensive :roll: I have no idea why this member selected red filling for the neck...wanna change your mind?

normal_P1010199.JPGnormal_P1010198.JPG

Tour Eldik Blue... and No I cant get them they are back ordered

normal_P1010202.JPGnormal_P1010203.JPG

Gosh.... 8O the more I look at those putters, the more I need to seal up my wallet!!! :twisted:

Eldik proto is the most rare because it was first and sold out fastest. The Tour version isn't exactly for the Tour, It is just a little longer from face to ass.

The Tour JPGA guys play Proto Eldiks with no engraving and a special Teflon finish instead of black. I was told Pro's don't like pretty putters and that its to distracting. Many pro's drill holes in the area where it is not visible between the weight piece. I have seen them just over 400g and as low as 340g.

Eldik proto is the most rare because it was first and sold out fastest. The Tour version isn't exactly for the Tour, It is just a little longer from face to ass.

The Tour JPGA guys play Proto Eldiks with no engraving and a special Teflon finish instead of black. I was told Pro's don't like pretty putters and that its to distracting. Many pro's drill holes in the area where it is not visible between the weight piece. I have seen them just over 400g and as low as 340g.

They drill holes in the Eldiks? Why?

Ha! :) I knew my putter had a face, but never thought it had an ass! What kind of advantage do you gain with a teflon finish? Or does it just make it uglier? :?

There are holes in the Eldik to get rid of unwanted weight, It seems pro's want 340 - 350gs also 3* of loft works well with this putter if you don't have a forward press.

They have made non plumbers neck putters but currently don't have any in the line up, thats a great question and I will ask if it is a custom option.

Teflon is much more durable, Pro's seem to beat their putters pretty bad . Engraving, paint fill, and finish are just cosmetic and mental for them. The Dirty finish on Tour is visually and mentally better I'm guessing. Tigers personal Cammy is Dirty finish also with a ton of dings. :x

So in the future we see Gauge Putters and G-Zone putters in the U.S. market both with a caliper on the putter????

Market confusion is always the best way to capture market share...not.

I was never much enamored with Gauge as a name for a putter, but it was growing on me. But G-Zone??? What the hell does that mean?

So in the future we see Gauge Putters and G-Zone putters in the U.S. market both with a caliper on the putter????

Market confusion is always the best way to capture market share...not.

I was never much enamored with Gauge as a name for a putter, but it was growing on me. But G-Zone??? What the hell does that mean?

Hmmm, there is history about the caliper logo. It is actually the Japanese family crest of the owner of Japan Gauge's family, Its outside the door of all his relatives homes and even on his deceased relatives graves. Not even the employees at Gauge Japan know this or they would think the battle for registered rights is personal rather than legal.

Anyway the caliper will be gone and the G logo is already registered in the U.S. It could be a G or a Z style engraving on the back of the putter. As for the name G-Zone, I have no clue what the heck that is :? but ya know dem Japanese they got funky names for companies. here are a few:

- Hot Spar ( like 7-11 )

- Book Off ( used book store )

- Book On ( used book store )

- Gorilla Slut ( pachinko parlor )

- Immigrant ( pachinko Parlor )

- sunkus ( like 7-11 )

- G-Zone (lol!!)

Japs have the weirdest idas in branding, came across what the gauge ELDIK stands for...not too sure if thats 100% legitimate, but it sure is funny..

Wow I have never seen that before. I have only seen this one:

littledik.png

wa ha ha ha ha....~~ 8O