do you like the x-drive 390 or the mr-23 us driver ?

Breal

i am in the market for a new driver from my tm tp and i was interest in the x-drive 390 or the mr -23 im a single digit handicap but i want better fell and distance and some forgiveness if possible or any driver that can be suggested what would you suggest could be the next wonder club for me? I have a high ball flight even wuth a 8.5 or 9 but good high could bring it down maybe alittle but carry is king where i play in so. cal and i have a on the machine 95 if smoothing it 105 if im swinging full whats your accessments?

Between those two, pick the X Drive. The MR-23 driver is a disaster. It is by far the most unforgiving driver on the market. Everyone on the golf forums who wanted to hype the driver has pretty much changed their mind. I doubt there are more than 3 of them in play on a regular basis among the members.

I tried 10 different shafts and none of them could get a decent medium ball flight on a regular basis. The only higher ballflight came from teeing the ball way up and then hope you hit the sweet spot the size of a thumbtack because if you missed to the toe it was way high right shot and if you miss a little towards the heel you will damage tree trunks.

Major, major disappointment from Tourstage to have one of the best looking drivers and at the same time worse performing.

I guess i should just wait for the tm r7 or what someone suggests. thanks for your imput.

As much as I would tend to agree with DM I actually thing the MARU is not as impossible as most people make out. Mine flys just less than a degree lower than my 983E but that is to be expected on a/c of the lofts (9.5* and 8.5*) and I found it to be a few yards longer than the E on really pure hits. Forgivenss on a whole is not terrible, its a par with a 975J IMHO, but not like a 580XD say. The only thing that stops be loving this driver is the shape tendencies. I like to play a natural draw, and need to for the added length. This driver is very neutral and whilst its not impossible to hook, I had to really concentrate on my swing to get a controled draw.

The X-390 I have not hit, but it looks nice.

OK guys!:)

Remember this chart?

TMheads_spec

I got them translate to me every collums.

The third collum from the left (left to the yellow collum),the one w/####g.cm2 are the amount of force at impact. Basically is a measurement of how stabil the head is at impact which IMO translate to a sweet spot size. The bigger the number the better stability the head is.

The MR23 US spec 365.5cc 8.5* has 3577g.cm2 w/ actual static loft 7.9* and compare to

X drive 390 399.5cc 9* has 3891g.cm2 w/ actual static loft 8.7*,

R580XD 444.1cc 10.5* has 4016g.cm2 w/ actual static loft 11.1*,

MP001 402.1cc 9* has3798g.cm2 w/ actual static loft 9.8*

The beauty of this testing chart, they've calculate Depth of gravity, sweet spot , effective sweet spot, and angle of gravity. It's too scientific for most of us but It gives a pretty good info for a buyer to look and compare the one they like.

They also showed 6 different screw possitions on the R7 quad.

Too bad i can't post every single page to show them to you guys.

It shows why the mr 23 is more demanding club to hit by the spec above, However if this club suit your swing...I don't think it matter to much what club you are playing.

Good luck guys!

Joe :)

Between those two, pick the X Drive.  The MR-23 driver is a disaster.  It is by far the most unforgiving driver on the market.  Everyone on the golf forums who wanted to hype the driver has pretty much changed their mind.  I doubt there are more than 3 of them in play on a regular basis among the members.

I tried 10 different shafts and none of them could get a decent medium ball flight on a regular basis.  The only higher ballflight came from teeing the ball way up and then hope you hit the sweet spot the size of a thumbtack because if you missed to the toe it was way high right shot and if you miss a little towards the heel you will damage tree trunks.

Major, major disappointment from Tourstage to have one of the best looking drivers and at the same time worse performing.

Lets not forget the non conforming 9.5 & 10.5 MR-23 drivers, they are one of the best i have ever tried, I would rank them with the J340 and RX-1. In fact the feel is the best of any Tourstage driver. I did make the mistake of buying the conforming 8.5 model and couldnt hit it for my life. There is also a member here with a 117mpg swing speed that hits the maru 8.5 better than anything, it takes some serious power and a right to left ball flight to fit this club, but yes DM in with ya on the 8.5 MR23 sucks wind,now 9.5 and 10.5 models are some of the best ever made by TS.

my 9.5 is the proverbial 'holy grail' for me, feel is the best I've ever had(however it took some time to reach this conclusion). Currently using an NV75 shaft and lovin' it.

Friends have all commented on how much longer I am this year......oo err :oops:

I try switching around between a Tour R500 and TP510 but am always glad to get back to the MR23.

:D :D :D :D :D

9.5 and 10.5 models are some of the best ever made by TS.

I couldn't agree more.

That's great but I already get sh*t from a certain member in my foursome who thinks my TM tour is illegal because it is so long. I cannot imagine ever hearing the end of it if I had a 9.5 Maru. I bet it is a great club. A few well placed grams inside the head makes a world of difference.

I couldn't agree more.

That's great but I already get sh*t from a certain member in my foursome who thinks my TM tour is illegal because it is so long. I cannot imagine ever hearing the end of it if I had a 9.5 Maru. I bet it is a great club. A few well placed grams inside the head makes a world of difference.

Go ahead.. Buy it.. It'll just prove my point that the 510 is illegal.

Besides... Now you're on my team.. :wink:

I couldn't agree more.

Yea ! I'm with ya. It';s illegal. :)

BTW, Dude MAYACAMA is just awsome! :D

I couldn't agree more.

Yea ! I'm with ya. It';s illegal. :)

BTW, Dude MAYACAMA is just awsome! :D

Am obviously a little late to this party , but which 510 are you guys talking about ?? :?

I had the Maru Spec. and was very inconsistent with it...so I am (reluctantly) agreeing with DM. The damn thing is like a beautiful babe with a hot body but ZERO brains. No matter how much you want something meaningful to come from the relationship, all you'll get is a few good hits and a ton of frustration for your effort.

As for the 390, I'm just now giving it a shot. So far I find it to be nearly as sweet as the Maru, a tad more forgiving but still demanding. I'm sure my j340 just snickers at me...I keep trying to find something better but can't. If you catch the 390 just right the damn thing is as long as anything out there.

Now, if you wan't a can't miss Tourstage driver just sit on your perch and wait for the next J340 to be offered for sale. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

After hitting the X-Drive 390 for a little while today now I see that Tourstage makes two kinds of drivers - impossible to hit Pro Specs and non-conforming rockets. What happenned to those guys? Two years ago TS was just as good as TM in the Driver department, now they are has beens. 510 TPs and DF tour issues are way, way better than any Tourstage driver out there.

It's really disappointing because I want to play Tourstage up and down the bag, but I am going to have to get in the way back machine to find a decent performing driver.

No wonder TS struggles in the US Market with the Z series drivers, they flat out suck compared to what Cally, TM, and Titleist are doing.

Get with it guys!

After hitting the X-Drive 390 for a little while today now I see that Tourstage makes two kinds of drivers - impossible to hit Pro Specs and non-conforming rockets.  What happenned to those guys?  Two years ago TS was just as good as TM in the Driver department, now they are has beens.  510 TPs and DF tour issues are way, way better than any Tourstage driver out there.  

It's really disappointing because I want to play Tourstage up and down the bag, but I am going to have to get in the way back machine to find a decent performing driver.  

No wonder TS struggles in the US Market with the Z series drivers, they flat out suck compared to what Cally, TM, and Titleist are doing.

Get with it guys!

Any pro spec is demanding, way to demanding for my swing. I agree TM makes better drivers that are conforming, DM have you hit any non conforming TS drivers? Pro specs are on the same lines as Maru Spec drivers just not for your average player but i must say the non conforming models are loads more forgiving. I would put the R510TP in the same category as the ViQ driver " User Friendly " If you take a look at the way tourstage markets their japan stuff there is a large gap between the average golfers clubs and the players clubs, what they need is something in the middle square face's yet forgiving like the ViQ.

I thought that they left the U.S due to a lawsuit from Yonex for owning the name Z-Series in the U.S. :?

Ive got an idea, I'm thinking about sending a couple non conforming TS drivers out to the U.S to be demoed by TSG'rs, Ive got a 9.5 MR23 and ViQ just sitting around. I will shaft them with Tour Release 27.3's in Stiff and send them out as long as the members don't beat them to badly and Insure/track them to each other so the next guy actually gets them. Of course this is for our most trusted members with good reputations. Good Idea :?:

Great idea.

What I don't get about TS is that all they have to do is take the great driver setup they apparently have in the non conforming models and make a slightly thicker face. HiCor does not mean more forgiving, it's achieved elsewhere. It did not used to be that bad, the ProSpec X Drive 315 was forgiving enough.

BTW, 510TPs are forgiving but still require sufficient swing speed and accuracy to get best results. In the wrong hands, any deep face driver is big trouble.

>>>>>"TourSpecGolfer"

Ive got an idea, I'm thinking about sending a couple non conforming TS drivers out to the U.S to be demoed by TSG'rs, Ive got a 9.5 MR23 and ViQ just sitting around. I will shaft them with Tour Release 27.3's in Stiff and send them out as long as the members don't beat them to badly and Insure/track them to each other so the next guy actually gets them. Of course this is for our most trusted members with good reputations. Good Idea :?: <<<<<<

I think that's a great idea. Put me on that list. I bet people start using non-conforming clubs much more just to have some fun with.

This is surprising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3677124668

Older MR-23 Driver for $400!!!!

Thats terrible! the old MR23 was crap that only lasted a year. Yahoo Japan has them for about 90 bucks.

Whats strange about non pro spec models is that they are 100.00 more expensive, they also have specs stated at .5 open but they look square to .5 closed to my eye. Your right it doesn't calculate to more forgiveness but they are much easier to hit. I think the biggest factor making them easiest to hit is the internal weighting and square face angle. I play the R7 max currently w/GD W60 it is .5 closed and the easiest driver i have ever hit besides the NV3 and Cleavage 460. TM does make the best drivers in my opinion.

OK the MR23 demo club will ship to DM first then FAQ.