Whats the best wood/hybrid from the rough?

rob445545

What is the best wood or hybrid club around 17*-20* degrees of loft for hitting high shots out of the rough? I dont care if its Tour/Import/Retail , im just looking for a club that can go through the rough easy.  

Thanks

Rob - I have to say that I think the TourStage F/UT's are amazing from any lie. Especially if you don't like too much offset or a closed head. They are very solid and long. I had mine reshafted with the NV85 Hybrid shafts and the weight of the heads along with the 85 gram shafts really work well for me. Here's some photos.

ut3bottom.jpg

utsetup.jpg

I've got the old school Fli Hi in 18 and 21 degrees. I love them! They don't look that great in the bag, but at address they are perfect! I got them for tee shots, but I have been using them around the greens for chipping, from the rough, from the fairway, and from any other junky lie I get myself into. They are great! I think you can get them pretty cheap now that they have the newer version. I've got the s300 in mine and it seems to be a good match.

I have tried many and the best I have found is the Sonartec TRC clubs.

I am able to get the ball out of just about any lie from the deep stuff.

I would recommend the Sonartec MD from the fairway, but the TRC can't be beat from the rough.

Mike

Nike T100's get my vote! super easy to hit from any lie, feels like a small steelhead plus driver at impact. oh so very very sweet, now if i could just get mine id be a happy man.