kzg gemini 395

wondering about this driver, found 1 for a great rpice, its the 395cc version, just wondering how it is, very forgiving, worth buying this 1 over the launcher 460. it has a graphite design cp-02 prototype shaft. reviews would be nice

I know you'll get a lot of positive feedback from others at TSG but I'll play devil's advocate. IMHO the Gemini is an over-hyped piece of junk.

It has an incredibly "tinny" sound and, unless you get one with a wide open face, this club is VERY easy to hook.

Get yourself an Ignite or a 983K or a TM or ......

You get the idea.

I know you'll get a lot of positive feedback from others at TSG but I'll play devil's advocate. IMHO the Gemini is an over-hyped piece of junk.

It has an incredibly "tinny" sound and, unless you get one with a wide open face, this club is VERY easy to hook.

Get yourself an Ignite or a 983K or a TM or ......

You get the idea.

:-D :-D

/begin sarcasm mode

SACRILEGE! HERESY! OMFG I cannot believe you've said this.

/end sarcasm mode

In all seriousness, I really like my Gemini. It's got plenty of forgiveness and I've found a lot more fairways with it. There are other clubs I've hit that are longer but I tended to spray them a little bit further left and right.

If you are prone to a fade/slice then this club can help you a bit with it's forgiveness. If your natural shape is a draw then you will really want to demo it before you decide to buy.

I also hit the Cleveland 460 and if I had the spare change hanging around I would consider it as a backup/rival for this club. I've heard, but haven't hit, that the Nakashima NP-1 is a great driver with about the same forgiveness as the Gemini and maybe a bit longer.

in my case I hit it too high, which is deadly here in Hawaii. I have never used a loft higher than 9 deg but the 395 went far higher than I have hit recently. Otherwise it's forgiveness rep is legit.

Instead went to a Japan model Launcher 400 and it's the longest and straightest I have ever hit. I just stumbled onto it and lucked out.

I like my Gemini...yes it has a "ting" kinda sound and while others say it is really long I've lost about 5 yds but I hit way more fairways with it than my previous Launcher 330..It will probably become back up to my TM 510 mid to use on those courses where to miss a fairway is to die...really really a forgiving club which just begs to fly straight..

I had a 10.5* 395cc; hit too many hooks, ordered a "square" 10.5* 355cc, it really wasn't. Bought a Nakashima NP-1 10* 420cc, handpicked square, tried it out for a round and never looked back. Superior in several ways: feel, sound, distance, easily just as forgiving, straighter because not hooked. If you're interested, my 355cc has a Fuji 569 R flex; pm me.

Jeff

I tried the J and US models alongside each other and they are worlds apart. If you are interested in the J model, I couldn't more highly recommend it. If you are interested in the US model, I would look elsewhere. There is simply way better out there than the US model.

I tried a 395 with an appropriate flex with a top quality Apache Matrix shaft and couldn't control it at all. Hook, hook, pull, then I'd try to correct and go right. I just couldn't hit it straight. My Nakashima 420 with the Apache MFS 75 hits straight all day as long as I don't tighten up my forearms and/or overswing.

mine shares duty with a touredge 320j. its 10.5 proto, not as long as my 320j but i have alot more control with it (missed one fairway today). it is solid but dont think that it is a magic wand- you can still hook/slice it in a heatbeat. just put a good swing on it and wait for your buddies to dig their balls out of the woods.