3 wood shaft advice

KascoPro

I have a couple of recomendations.

High End I would recomend Fuji HM04, super sweet FW shaft

I have a TriTi in my driver and love it because it resembles steel. I have heard people like it in their FW as well.

The AJ tech is a really sweet low budget shaft. It's steel with a layer of graphite. Very nice shaft.

Hope this helps, good luck!

I had a 652 and 661 in my driver - they were ok nice. Got an 869 in my 3 wood and its amazing. Only shaft i have hit that stood leaps and bounds aheads of all others.

For me, I will never play another FW wood without an HK Pro 80. It has a very smooth kick and lots of roll. It really depends on your swing, the Tour AD is a very good shaft and I think maybe better for those with higher swing speeds, like a Pro 95 or 869.

I'll throw in my pitch for a cheapo shaft. Price really isn't a consideration for me, but the shaft I've found that works for me is the Penley Stealth shaft. Its very inexpensive, but a great performer. I have the Tour X flex, at 43". The shaft keeps my ball in play, and I can feel it kick through the ball very explosively. I've tried some of the more expensive options from Fuji and Graffaloy, but I'm happy with the shaft I have.

Everyone is different, but I have the HK-80 in my 3, 4, 5, and 7 woods. I change my woods out with UT's and change my bag around, so I have different FW's and UT's. I've been using them in every FW for a couple of years now and there really isn't anything else I've tried that has been better. The only exception to this is that I have a 2 Wood that Joe Kwok set up for me and it really needed a little more trajectory. He put a 27.3 Fujikura in it and that has worked out very well.

I agree the HK 80 or the NV 75 are the best results I found IMO that works superior to all others. But to each is to his own on finding the shaft perfect for you . You should try these first and then go from there. Good luck.

I like--a lot-- the HKpro 80.

But I have also played the Sapphire, which some say is not that great of a shaft, I like it as well. I have not tried the HM4 but people seem to say great things about it. I played the 869 briefly and while I liked it, it must be tipped according to your swing speed. It could be a very soft shaft...

I have tried seveal shafts, nv , speeder....Of all the shafts I found none to be better than the dynamic gold s300. It is so consistent for me it's like a frozen rope every time. I find it has a really nice launch, and I don't find it difficult to unload. But this may not suit you, but I would give it a shot if you want consistency though it is not as long as graphite the accuracy makes up for it since it's only about 5 yds..

I like--a lot-- the HKpro 80.

But I have also played the Sapphire, which some say is not that great of a shaft, I like it as well. I have not tried the HM4 but people seem to say great things about it. I played the 869 briefly and while I liked it, it must be tipped according to your swing speed. It could be a very soft shaft...

I have a HM4 in my 4 wood. It is an absolute awesome fw shaft. I highly rcommend it. Btw, the Sapphire is not a bad shaft at all. It is identical to the Pro95, except for a softer tip.

haribo