Johnny Miller is a Tool: Give us your thoughts

ErichF

I think he should be removed. I am sick of hearing him talk about how good people look. Esp guys! He will tell you that Michelle Wie is going to hit a low cut around the corner and then she hits a high draw over the corner and onto the green.

I know we have all heard dumb stuff from people on TV so lets vent about it. hehe

Johnny makes smart comments about how Tiger's swing sucks now. Tiger should whoop is arse. C'mon don't say rude things about people on national TV.

Everybody give us some of your dumbest lines heard on tv from golf comentators.

Cheers,

Erich

"Man Tiger is going to need to have a pefect ballstriking day tomorrow if he wants to win this tourney. Kinda like when I hit all 18 greens in regulation and shot 63 at Oakmont." LOL

J/K I like Johnny Miller usually I just think its funny that he has to mention his round at Oakmont atleast twice a telecast especially during the Open.

i heard one where it was "if he wants to win, he has to shoot a better score" WEll isn't that obvious? We call those John Madden's. For example, Madden will say, "If they want to win, they need to score more points." or "if he wants to bring him down, hes gotta tackle him". Quite stupid comments if you ask me, but it makes it funny to watch

Anyone who's got balls to sit there and rag on guys who could destroy him on the course is cool with me.  :cool:

Maybe now since he's a self admitted "YIPPER". But back in his prime the guys was the shiznet. An ace with his irons, and actually pretty good with that Acushnet Bulls Eye.

I like him. He's not afraid to give an opinion. Kind of like a golf forum live on TV.

i like him...it balances out...you have a neutral commentator in dan hicks and jim nantz, and then you have analysts like miller and lanny wadkins with a little bit of attitude and abrasiveness...it works out well...read his book, "i call the shots"...you might understand him a little better then....i promise, the guy knows what hes talking about.

its the people like bobby clampett and peter kostis who make the most moronic calls on the course...i swear ive heard more dumb s**t come from those two than every analyst combined...

its the people like bobby clampett and peter kostis who make the most moronic calls on the course...i swear ive heard more dumb s**t come from those two than every analyst combined...

Well, at least Bobby could play the tour; not sure Kostis ever won anything playing golf or could break 80 on a tour course...

Jeff

j. miller is hardly a tool. he was bomb in his day and did things his own way, as he is doing now. not my definition of a tool.

People who have achieved in the way that J. miller has are definitely not misinformed or completely off-track. the guy definitely knows what he's talking about and everyone (you and me) make mistakes sometimes. Under the pressure of the tv cameras, anyone might say things they regret- even a cocky guy like jm. fine.

regardless of one's attitude (cocky or humble), i think one is always aware of the impression left on others. j. miller could be the way he is just to provoke thought. ever think about that?

A "Color" commentator on television is a person who, usually because he has some distinction in the field in which he's commentating, is paid to give his opinions...a.k.a Johnny Miller. The rest of us are just internet forum posters. I think it's high time we cut Johnny (and the others) some slack...I respect his opinions and try not to scrutinize every word as if it has to be genius. After all, he was/is just a golfer.

Yeah, it's not for us to say who he is untill we've met the guy in person. He was great golfer when he played. Loved his swing when he was in his prime. But yeah, he's just a commentator, it's not like we really have to agree with everything he says, becuase that's his opinion, not ours.

I like the guy.Excerpt from Peter Kessler in "My Shot" golf digest said it all.

Johnny Miller was on the show early in '95. Most people are not aware that when John was 10 years old his teenage brother died in a swimming accident in the Pacific, and they didn't find his body for weeks. Johnny and his brother were extremely close, and I asked him about it. And he openly wept about it, had no reservations about showing us exactly what that had done to him, how that helped shape who he became, how it shaped how he set up his values as a father of a big family and gave him a sense of how fleeting all of this can be.

That was the event that triggered his father setting up a net and a mat in the basement for Johnny to learn to play golf, so that his mourning could be turned into positive energy. With his eyes full of tears, looking me right in the eyes, he told the story as though it had happened the day before.

And then two seconds later, a caller asked him how to shift your weight onto your left side. Now that's going from A to Z in a heartbeat, and he didn't miss a beat. Like everybody else at home, I thought how astonishing and revealing it was, how quickly he could change gears, how acutely aware he was of the environment and what was expected of him as a guest. It was brilliant. I had no idea how many levels Johnny Miller operated on.

V

Johnny Miller, and David Feherty and I like listening to the most.

I like Miller just because he provides entertainment value. He's articulate, intelligent, insightful, and knowledgable; I'm not sure you can expect much more from a golf color person. Personally I prefer Nick Faldo, Paul Azinger, and David Feherty.

I've met Johnny. He's extremely personable and knows more about the game than just about anybody. He is an expert is there really is one. I enjoy listening to him and enjoy his insight. He does say it the way it is and I agree what he says about Tiger's swing, its not as good as it was a few years ago. Not that thats a real bad thing. I was surprised when he said that Michele Wie's swing is better than tiger's right now, but you know what mechanically it is imo. If she had the short game of Tiger she could play on the PGA right now.