Best JDM Fairway wood?

Norboo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you not get along with the egg spoon?

Hopefully, the new Yamaha's. Cuz I've tried a bunch of them and can't get on with any of them. RC, TS, and a few others. Good question, though. Maybe Epon?

So far I thought the jBeam had all the bases covered!

Hoping the new yams are as good!!

Still a fan of the Miura Precious Edition and Yonex Nextage. But I have moved on from FW in general.

they're all great...epon, Yamaha, yonex, RC, prgr, onoff and Ryoma are my shot list....I could tinker with this part of my bag forever...have a new toy coming from Tario for Xmas...very excited!

post-15014-0-38409400-1353202213.jpg

post-15014-0-42016500-1353202267.jpg

Edited by freehb04

I do that all year long

But ive found the overall....... Most consistant fws have been the yamahas and royal collections.

For me the head shape is the most important thing in a fw

Yamaha is non invasive to look at its neither big nor small fat nor thinpear nor round

It jst sits.there nicely

To me thats what matters most bec the sdded distance.from say an egg

Makes me have to think too much

I dont wanna do that with a fw.i judt wanna crun h it witha small bias movement one way or another

Yam and rc let me do that the best

Crazy f series as well for.when ur feeling. ......

Fruity!!!!

I do that all year long

But ive found the overall....... Most consistant fws have been the yamahas and royal collections.

For me the head shape is the most important thing in a fw

Yamaha is non invasive to look at its neither big nor small fat nor thinpear nor round

It jst sits.there nicely

To me thats what matters most bec the sdded distance.from say an egg

Makes me have to think too much

I dont wanna do that with a fw.i judt wanna crun h it witha small bias movement one way or another

Yam and rc let me do that the best

Crazy f series as well for.when ur feeling. ......

Fruity!!!!

*sigh* this is going to cost me isn’t it? LOL

If you had to pick from Yamaha or RC, which would you go with? I already have an egg on it’s way

I have a Sonartec 3 wood that has a long neck that allows for bending to customize face angle, loft etc. Basically its a re-badged RC and has been in my bag dornthe longest time. cannot find anything remotely as good, even the VS Tour pales into insignificance beside it.

I even had it refinished as it was a little beaten up, coupled with a Fuji Rombax 7V05 it just gives me the right trajectory and is so easy to shape shots with....

would like to try the new Yammy, maybe Epon but not sure of a titanium fairway head....would also like to try an RC TX ... nommemtion, or reviews anywhere I can find.

egg+ one other is prob the end of ur search for fwds.

yamaha or roycoll. gee thats tough.

look at the shape of the head u like as u already ahve a sleek egg , then id say a thicker stlye would be a good foil.

which is hte yamaha.. if it were only one piece then the new roy coll would be perfect. but thats in between both the egg and yamaha

seriosuly doesnt matter .both of these heads are awsome.

Royal Collection always pops into my head when I think of fairway woods. Yamaha's always been amazing, with a great pop to the face. jBeam is another one that's up there in my list.

for the average golfer... Egg's are tough to beat/ Forgiving, long and very easy to hit.

better player will prefer the RC's and Yamaha's

A big part of it can be what fits your eye.

They're all good with the right shaft.

more to do wit hyr wing plane. if u have steep decnt then the yamaha and rc are super but i guess if uahve a more sweepeier stlye the egg is prob unmatchable. i love the new egg g but i STILL cant get it right. ive gone back to the kasco.

Last Q, which is the easiest to hit off the deck?

IMO,

Tight fairway to 1st cut, Egg

Egg does not excel in heavy/deep rough

Your handicapp would also be part of your decision......

a few others:

courses you play on/conditions

Tee off with them?

Forgiveness or workability

How many

i'm more of a sweeper and i know i'm one of the few...but i just didn't get along with the egg. i didn't like the feel or the sound...and didn't find it any longer or easier to hit off the deck. for me tourstage has been the all-around best followed closely by the yamaha.

the crazy f14 im starting to reacquaint my self with as well. VERY small pear shaped head.

13.5* loft. but its surprisinglt easy to hit i find i hit this much more consistanly than the HD even. the face i love its small but its full and high i can mentally picture movement either way, i cant do that with the egg.

im liking this a lot and i have a pretty steep attack angle

Same as Stew. Yam 1st, then RC. Yam well ahead though. Fws are all about confidence and the ability to shape the shot. Distance isn't my priority.

As for my 3 wood, I am attached to my 2008 Japan model Taylormade VSteel ( one with the screw on weight on the sole )

I was not excited at first, but after I re-shafted with an ,again older model, Rombax Prototype 80C and installed with an angled ferrule from Golfsmith to make the face be more open. Well, this really changed how it hits. I have tried at least three different newer model 3 woods since then,

( JBeam FX-BM, Adams XTD Ti Super fwy, Tour Edge CB4 Tour ) but none have replaced the Vsteel.

I also know that quite a few JGTO Pros still carry Vsteel .... which is encouraging to know that I am not alone :)