Fantastic session at 7D

nobmontana

Wow! Those specs are insane! :) Now you really make me want to go out and experiment.......I've never swung a club, I think, with that SW and length. Did you get to try something like it at the fitting or was this the result of the analysis of your swing results on Trackman? Just curious to know how they came up with it.

....Or perhaps you're just really tall ! :))

Edited by Staxxx

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

183cm(6ft)so tall for being Japanese but not too tall in the general sense.  

This club is a result of the fitting in their Tokyo studio.

I did get to hit one of their 46" drivers at the fitting and I had no issues hitting it well. Pretty sure that one was around D5 sw or so.

Nowadays, there are stock JDM drivers that are over 47" granted they have lighter heads than mine, but I am not too concerned.

Used to tinker around with long drive type clubs that had higher swing weights at 48"

183cm(6ft)so tall for being Japanese but not too tall in the general sense.  

This club is a result of the fitting in their Tokyo studio.

I did get to hit one of their 46" drivers at the fitting and I had no issues hitting it well. Pretty sure that one was around D5 sw or so.

Nowadays, there are stock JDM drivers that are over 47" granted they have lighter heads than mine, but I am not too concerned.

Used to tinker around with long drive type clubs that had higher swing weights at 48"

Hope it works well for you!

Love the carbon weave on the shaft. Hope to get over there one day in the future and go through this process. Just hope it happens while I am young enough to still swing the golf club.

Can´t wait...

W-O-W

I've been playing a longer driver length lately at 46.25", which took a little adjusting but I'm really liking it. was it a big adjustment to go to something this long, mikey, or are you used to playing something over 47"? Did that much higher SW somehow not seem as much because of the way this shaft was designed and custom built for you?

I'm tempted to try something even longer on my next build but would love to hear your feedback on how you adjusted or if it was a seemless transition because of the custom specs.

Would love to know how it works for you in terms of consistency and feel. Needless to say it is probably very long with those specs! :)

Here you go...

Thanks for posting this Mikey!

For a moment there I felt like my specs were totally out there in Freakland territory :)

Mine looks comparatively normal now!

sorry to hijack but I also saw this driver specs.

Are we supposed to play longer length and super heavy swing weight now a days?

post-13927-0-32179400-1440304917_thumb.p

It took me a few extra years to give up my wooden driver but after that I've been ahead of the curve when it comes to long drivers. I went to 46" when everyone else was talking about 45", and have been playing 47" for at least 6 years. Although this is the longest at 47.5", it wasn't a leap to get used to. And my theory on swing weight is to swing the heaviest head that doesn't cause me to lose more than 1mph average swing speed. The laws of physics dictate that this will give me the longest drives (as long as smash factor remains consistent).

Force = Mass X Acceleration

so if u can't increase acceleration, then increase mass

It took me a few extra years to give up my wooden driver but after that I've been ahead of the curve when it comes to long drivers. I went to 46" when everyone else was talking about 45", and have been playing 47" for at least 6 years. Although this is the longest at 47.5", it wasn't a leap to get used to. And my theory on swing weight is to swing the heaviest head that doesn't cause me to lose more than 1mph average swing speed. The laws of physics dictate that this will give me the longest drives (as long as smash factor remains consistent).

That's so awesome, I don't think I've gone past 47" and that was just for fun and not taken seriously.

You playing a 47+ makes me want to try the same.

This makes me respect what the 7D guys are doing all the more, as my specs couldn't be more different. I guess I go for the acceleration factor in the equation because I tend to favor light over heavy. And I do mean light. I went for 60gms for my S-Yard and 50gm (!) for my J-Beam!

It does make me want to get on their machines all the more to see what they would optimize me at though, but here are the sheets for the shafts I got for the S-Yard T.388 and the J-Beam Blackout based on questionnaires.

post-15743-0-60983300-1440362987_thumb.j

post-15743-0-84034500-1440362995_thumb.j

What is your swing speed please RLL33?

I'm curious about your swing speed also. I've always preferred S flex and they have me closer to XX!

FB38B9A0-76FB-4DCE-B873-EE52094337DC_zps

Mine is right in Stiff range , but the torque is lower and the kickpoint is mid-high .

My SS is around 105 to 110 mph with a fairly smooth transition.

post-14163-0-28252600-1440370427_thumb.j

I'm usually 1 click on either side of 100mph with my driver swing. Transition and everything else is usually described as smooth as silk. Most common comment I hear is "where are you getting that distance from?"

I'm not a big guy, 5'10", but I used to be a gymnast. It's about form for me, which is why I find the ability of 7D to exploit what I do so impressive when compared with these heavy lifters who are doing very different things, obviously.

Golf is so cool in this way, and I find it cool that 7D seems to be tapping into what works for all kinds of golfers. As I said though, I WOULD like to get on their instruments and have them tell me what would be optimal for me scientifically, as I've always been all about feel. All I know is I love the feel of what they've given me even across an ocean of distance from just the questionnaire. And I wanted people to know that whatever it is, it isn't necessarily about extra length or heaviness in the shaft -- even if that works great for a different type of swing.

So we're all around the same SS. crazy how they can make different things work for us. I'm only 5'6" and 150 lbs just to throw more variables into the equation...

this shows how SS alone does not determine what type of shaft you need. especially flex.

Edited by nobmontana

How flexible are they in their design - weight, flex, torque, flex profile - they are able to personalize all of these? That's just awesome.

So we're all around the same SS. crazy how they can make different things work for us. I'm only 5'6" and 150 lbs just to throw more variables into the equation...

Wow, that's like a hockey stick. So fascinating. Thank God Hotstix or Cool Clubs here in Scottsdale doesn't have a 7D branch or I'd be two bills lighter. Tomorrow.

ooooooooooooooooooooooh my god...........

im feel a little underhwlemed.

44.75 x d3 x 323 grams is +/- my sweet spot.

misses are the tightest for me it seems.

chiro im suprised ur loft isnt 2*!!!!