A-Grind IYA-DO-MO Super High Cor Driver

TourSpecGolfer

A-Grind has been doing well, they are currently #2 ranked on JPGA for hybrids right behind Titleist, the newest 440cc driver is a soft low spin driver much improved over the classic 350 model and now the IYA-DO-MO Super High Cor Driver is coming next month to TSG!

post-18-0-70516900-1445774520_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-05700600-1445774527_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-06523400-1445774533_thumb.jpg

THAT looks like a radical design. I have actually thought about a more centre-kinda shafted driver and the anti-twist effect that should give, and the reason no brand offered it

Looks similar to an older Callaway design including the short hosel and alignment aid but with a more exaggerated shaft position towards the center. Is this also a Shingo design?

Edited by nobmontana

Look forward to hearing what this one is like. Agree the 440 is under discussed. It has a great soft thwack sound and feel to it, and it's long and straight, straight, straight. Great looking, too. Love the matte black finish he puts on clubs.

Hello

What's the difference between a-grind and a-design ? Name ? Specific target ?

Thanks

A-Design is A-Grind same thing pretty much.

All pretty much are for mid to low cappers even the larger clubs are not exactly high spin and setup netural in specs.

As far as I know Shingo isn't using this one but perhaps soon.

A-Design is A-Grind same thing pretty much.

All pretty much are for mid to low cappers even the larger clubs are not exactly high spin and setup netural in specs.

As far as I know Shingo isn't using this one but perhaps soon.

So, that would mean there's a conforming version of this head? Because I guess we can assume the one here is non-con?

It reminds me of the Wilson INVEX Titanuim driver.$_57.JPG

Edited by driverhead

oooh, memories of the Cleveland VAS clubs come flooding back.... they were out back when i bought my first really good set of clubs. I did NOT demo the VAS irons just in case i liked them!

792VAS.jpg

697678278_tp.jpga

Edited by coops1967

• 3 weeks later...

One of my friends in Japan who is a club tester emailed me this morning touting this thing as a game changer. I then spoke with Ako-san about these to get the scoop.

In feb this year at the japan golf fair Shingo came up with the overall idea and asked Ako-san to consider making something like it and this is what Ako-san came up with.

The concept is simple golf is too hard so make it easy, Ako-san even goes as far to say "this ugly driver is awesome. it's so easy that everyone can get rid of classic slice!"

It is 500cc's with a center neck shaft, it's very high cor with a thin SP700 face. It is only available in 13* loft. It's called the Never Slice Illegal Wood and thats in A-Grinds words.

Body is 6-4Ti and it comes shafted with an Iomic grip and head cover. Two shafts one is R flex the other is L flex both are 47-49g.

Here is my take on A-Grind drivers

Classic 350 - dud

A-Grind 440cc - very good, nice feel, low spin, mid trajectory

IYA-DO-MO - we will see

post-18-0-89372900-1447446945_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-88374000-1447446955_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-38767000-1447446964_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-42080400-1447446976_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

this must be one of the worst looking driver heads I have ever seen.

Good thing...it will for sure perform better than it looks....

• 3 weeks later...

I had an itch to try this because it is so different. It is not the longest driver Ive ever hit, but its very consistent on average overall distance, and it excels in accuracy. I am a fairly accurate driver ( normal shape is a slight draw), but I hit 14 of 14 fws (splitting them dead center) the 1st time I tried this club. The ball basically wants to go dead straight. It does hit high (head was at least 13 degrees), and I couldn't judge roll as we are in winter swamp fairway season now.

The stock R shaft doesn't play as soft as some JDM R flexes. It was made for the IYA DO MO and felt stable. The head was a bit light and I added 6 grams worth of lead tape on the back of the club.

Edited by driverhead

this is one seriously funky looking head. didn't hit it just waggled it.

it looks like its about hititgn dead straight not very far. and high.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. interesting concept. shudda made it conforming for comps bec this wud be perfect for my home course which is very short !

it looks like its about hititgn dead straight not very far. and high.

You nailed it in your assessment. High, straight, average length. I would like to see a modified conforming design with a stronger loft and upgraded shaft.

it certainly wasnt one I picked up and threw away, I had a good old waggle with it, its non conforming bec there no such thng as golf in japan. its something they do on a golf course and it dot matter whats in yr bag.

a conforming variey of this wud be str8 into my syd. bag.