New OT75 and OT105 Shafts Coming by Mitsubishi

TourSpecGolfer

Mitsubishi OT Shafts have been highly suggested by TSG since release because they feel great, are very user friendly producing easy launching and accurate results and they are somewhat reasonably priced for a top performing carbon shaft.

Mitsubishi has just announced 2 new weights, the i75 and i105, this gets me excited as I'm a big fan of the i95 I was waiting for something a bit heavier and I think 105 is really optimal for a lot of players.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-08-at-2.05.07-PM.png

Also a new light weight KuroKage XM is coming early next year geared to players who want a lighter weight shaft perhaps due to a smoother tempo and transition which will ultimately aid those players in gaining more distance, we always say use the lightest shaft that you can control with the accuracy you want and considering these are coming in X flex Mitsubishi is covering all it's bases. More info to come closer to release and at the 2016 Japan Golf Fair.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-08-at-2.04.57-PM.png

Agree these are great shafts -- smooth and long and tight. I've actually come to prefer them over MCI's. Doesn't hurt that the finish on them is stunning as well, a beautiful satin look.

Agree these are great shafts -- smooth and long and tight. I've actually come to prefer them over MCI's. Doesn't hurt that the finish on them is stunning as well, a beautiful satin look.

Yes recently I am preferring these to MCI's as well.

Good lord... just as I cleared my "to try" list ... comes these 105s.

Then it will go to your "to buy" list.......wahahah

no 105 in R as of now it seems

They're better if they fit your swing.

Noticed these too:

http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/kuro-kage%E2%84%A2-tini-iron

Might be competition for my Steelfibers. Hopefully my builder willget some in for demo soon.

Are these better than the Crazy STP?

Not sure about these new OTI 105 but I have the STP100 in a set of irons and OTI 95 in another.

They have very different charactersitics. STP100 is pretty stout feeling and low to mid launching. Super tight dispersion.

OTI 95 is higher launching and very smooth feeling, forgiving shaft. Very good dispersion but perhaps not as tight as the STP.

The OTI 95 in stiff I feel are a bit too soft/light for me. With the 105 I may get better numbers that are closer to STP.

My guess is that the OTI 105 will still be higher launch than the STP 100.

Noticed these too:

http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/kuro-kage%E2%84%A2-tini-iron

Might be competition for my Steelfibers. Hopefully my builder willget some in for demo soon.

Perhaps these are replacing the Thump Irons?

I really like that MRC is offering the variety of Iron shafts with different users in mind!

I have played the Steelfiber i95 and i110 both in stiff. I am now currently playing the Fuji MCI 100 in stiff and really like this shaft. Great ball flight with much better feel than the Steelfiber. IMO

I would like to try the MRC OT in either the 95 or 105 weight. Which ever is closest to the MCI 100. Can someone who has played both please give me their opinion?

Having hit the MCI's in 100/120 for many rounds along with the OT95 and the STP85 Stiff I like the STP's best for result and OT's for feel. Nothing against MCI's and I do agree they are better than steelfibers I just played them so much it was time for something new, I found the STP's super straight and accurate to a point that it greatly increased my overall confidence in approach shots. If Crazy made an STP Driver Shaft I could see it going as straight as the 7D's. note to myself to recommend this to them.

Only limiting factor on the STP's is the price.

OT's though are smooth, vibrant kick, accurate, higher launching than MCI/STP in the same weight. I can only say good things about these.

Would the 95 OT or 105 OT (stiff) play most similar in weight and flex to the MCI 100 stiff?

The OT's feel softer than MCI's so hard to say, that could be just feel by design and not flex or it could actually be a softer playing shaft.

Weight wise yes they should both be in that area. from 95-105 is only 10g difference.

It may be just semantics, but the OT's feel smoother and a little more solid, or weightier, to me even though they're not heavier. I've loved the MCI's for a couple of years and didn't expect the OT to take me away from them, but it has. Both are noticeably long. No comparison to the Steelfibre which, IMO, was early to the party with the idea of a composite shaft, but completely falls to the wayside in terms of the feel in these new shafts.

Edited by RLL33

• 2 weeks later...

They are tapered?

OTI comes in one length only.

Standard tipping instructions can be found here:

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/catalog/jp/oti/files/assets/basic-html/page9.html

For PW thru SW, it says to tip cut 3.5 inches and because the parallel section only goes 120mm ( 4.72 inch )

even with the standrard tipping, you will be left with 1.22 inches of insertion section after cutting it 3.5" ( 4.72 - 3.5 = 1.22" )

This might be a good question to ask MRC if you can tip additional for a stiffer install.

Edited by nobmontana

I've a question about the flex rating. I would like to try the OTi 85 but don't know if I should take R- or S-Flex. My driver SS is 100 - 105mph after a few warm up swings; on a bad day it goes down to 97mph. So I should take S-Flex. But I experienced with other shafts (recoil proto 95, steelfiber i80, standard Mizuno / Fuji Orochi in 825pro) that the R-Flex model is stiff enough. At the same time I play some S-Flex shafts (recoil 670, FST Pro115) and they don't feel boardy or harsh by any means. The very light Zelos 7 in R-Flex feels a little bit too whippy but not like a 850gh which is too soft for my feelings.

I don't have the opportunity to get some demo clubs with both flexes so I have to buy my own demo shaft / club. Do you think the R-Flex would be a good choice or is the bend profile too weak and I should get the S-Flex which would be the flex rating for my driver SS?

Thanks!

I am about the same SS with Driver and have used the oti 95 S flex.

Unfortunately, felt it was a bit too flexy for me. Possibly was too light.

In my opinion, I think you'd be okay with S flex. These are very smooth feeling shafts.