2017 Japan Golf Fair - Titleist 718 T-MB and the New Vokey Forged!

Full info in the blog!  pics right here!

This wedge is on a different level,  the tech is first of its kind.  4 piece,  vibration dampening,  internal tungsten in a package that is no bigger than past vokeys!

718 T-MB - while it looks the same talking to the Titleist people it seems the internal weight structure makes it even easier to launch with more forgiveness on the toe and heel yet it dont balloon due to the strong lofts.  Best of all the matte gray on the exterior is gone for a really nice almost black gloss look.

Enjoy!

E26A7681-Edit.png

DSC03774-Edit.png

E26A7677.png

DSC03723-Edit.png

E26A7687.png

DSC03748-Edit.png

CY7I6462.png

DSC03720-Edit-Edit.png

DSC03743-Edit.png

DSC03730.png

DSC03759-Edit.png

CY7I6453.png

CY7I6455.png

Would have given the wedges a try if it weren't for the offset.   Very very unfortunate.  

I was talking to a major club designer yesterday about FP.  His irons he just produced had consistent offset of 6.0FP which is basically ONSETT.  He had 2 prototypes for me to look at both had the same FP but one had a tapered neck while the other had a parallel neck.  Im not talking about inside the hosel Im talking about the outer area.  One club looked like it had offset while the other did not yet both had the same FP.  This is something golfers dont realize is the neck also plays a big part in how it looks.  often when we see a parallel neck we say that club has offset.

A little bit of a rant here . ( not against you nobs ) - Offset is super important for performance.  true 0 offset is a nightmare for even a professional.  As far as I am told no tour players have true no offset on a taper blend neck.  This whole too much offset thing comes from the internet when the popular guy complains about offset the casual reader tends to agree.  Offset is one of the most important things in iron design and it can be done many different ways like art.  A lot of people also think they will hook it with offset and while that is logical to my brain as well it is not the case if you adjust to the club to not hook.  Its ok and good to adjust and we should do it with every club.  Professional players adjust to not hit hooks and by doing so have the benefit of offset working for them while hitting straight shots.  This is seen more in Japan than anywhere else I feel.  Many pros here play medium sized CBs and sometimes game improvement clubs and these are guys who have that natural hook they are trying to avoid.  With offset just about everyone will hit it straighter and more consistently yet you wouldn't know this by reading the forums.  

• 4 weeks later...

Chris -- what are these Concept C16 irons Titleist is crowing about ?   

3k usdm limited irons that must be fitted by an authorized Titleist C16 fitter. Sold out really fast last year so they made another batch now. Looks really good.

I had a used set last year.  I liked the T-MB better for shape/size/feel.  The C16 won in distance and forgiveness.

They are forgiving,  long,  interesting feel.  lots of tech when you break down the materials and weighting.  Its basically a one up on PXG yet failed to impress me as Im a purist 1 piece forged head fan.

and how would you line these up against the VG3's ?  

On 4/17/2017 at 2:17 AM, dickyfowler said:

and how would you line these up against the VG3's ?  

TMB vs VG3?   or C16 vs VG3?

C16 vs VG3 (not the clunky D version)  -- if you had to play either of these?  I'm guessing you liked the forgiveness and distance of the C16s, but the VG3 might fit your eye better ? and who wins on feel.... even though this is very subjective  ??