Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2jzpowered

Tyson Lamb

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys 

What do you think of Tyson Lamb putter? Priced as much as $3500 for non custom one. Does anyone here own one? It is worth the price?

Cheers

Heard they're good but basically like everything else. I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Heard they're good but basically like everything else. I could be wrong though.

Based on looks his putter is amazing. Not sure if it justifies the price tho. He had a release not long ago on his website and all putters were gone within few hours i heard

I have one. Great custom Putters . He really knows what he’s doing. I’m sure some big manufacture will pick him up down the road for production Putters 

the guy from table rock Putters is pushing them 

and he’s doing the same marketing as Scotty Cameron tour Putters that he did. “Limited” and high price 

Very nice work.  A brand built on Instagram and forums.  You are buying his art and his branding and paying a premium for it.  

He is not using high-end cad software or controllers,  he is not using top of the line 5 axis machines or tools nor does he need to due to the designs being very basic,  you can get the same CNC setup in your garage for about 1500 bucks a month financed from Haas.  Its just a matter of learning how to use it.

He is not able to create a one off cad for the customer as benock is.

Many lamb putters have a separate neck as well.  Big no no in my book even for a $300 putter.   His finishing work by hand and his attention to detail are beautiful.  

The putters do not have to be this limited.  That is simply a marketing angle or a design flaw in the process.  He can easily pump out all the heads he needs,  its just a matter of finishing work,  polishing edges,  stamping and all the little cool stuff he does.  He can put the same program into someone else's CNC machine to double his output with ease.  He could purchase another machine to pump out double.  He could hire someone to run the machine while he is busy with other things.  

if anyone has questions about putters let me know.  I have made many and have many more coming.  I know whats good it just depends on what you care about and want.

Technology? - Benock
Fitting Concept? - Benock
Quality & Materials? - Benock 
Art Work? - Lamb
Brand? - Cameron
Market Buzz? - Lamb

Congrats on the marketing dollars Benock pays this site “thumbs up”