eRook RK55z driver

gregoire56

RK55z_7.jpgAnother new brand to recently show up in the pro shop that I'm pretty excited about is eRook with their RK55z driver, the first product line from a new brand from Japan, “King Love Queen.” 

The first thing that jumps out at me about this brand is that they seems to provide information about their product which suggests legitimate R&D and reasonably valid testing methods for their design features. This is something which I constantly recognize is woefully lacking with industry information and marketing, especially from the major brands. 

The face material for this driver, Ti-5N Titanium, has a very fine grain structure and properties against the propagation of cracks. The material is 113% higher in tensile strength, 125% higher in yield stress, and 160% higher in elongation than the more popular 6-4 titanium which is used in MANY driver heads. The use of this face material RK55z_8.jpgprovides great potential for distance as it is less prone to cracks or breakage, even when the face is flexed significantly during impact. This is the type of info that I want to hear from a brand about their new product, not ridiculous proprietary names for "new" features with generic nonsense and marketing propaganda. 

RK55z utilizes these other unique design considerations for producing better distance, accuracy, and feel.

• It has a square face which is easy to address at the target, and the shallow back profile gives the impression of launching the ball easily.
  • The large “Inch Bulge & Roll” face profile minimizes distance loss on off-center hits. 
  • The head design focuses on increasing strength in key areas on both the sole and crown in an effort to maximize the trampoline effect of the face to increase initial ball speed. 
  • RK55z_9.jpgCG distribution was calculated to maximize the amplification effects at impact: the CG distance was made to be slightly longer to allow forgiveness on off-center hits; CG height was lowered by the careful and strategic design of the wall thickness which contributes to lowering the backspin; CG Depth was optimized for the head shape so that it provides a good balance of stability and distance performance as well as a strong trajectory. 
  • Dozens of sound simulation analyses were performed to achieve a pleasing sound and feel at impact. In pursuit of the optimal head vibration frequency (which equates to impact sound and feel), the design of the ribs are the result of numerous iterations of trial and error. After much testing and validation by a number of professionals and top amateur players, they achieved their version of optimal sound and feel.

I am very excited to see more products from this new brand in the near future. I find this first release of theirs to be VERY visually appealing in addition to all of the other aspects already mentioned, so if it performs half as well as it sounds like it will then they'll have set the bar pretty high with this first product. 

RK55z_1.jpg

RK55z_2.jpg

RK55z_3.jpg

RK55z_4.jpg

RK55z_5.jpg

RK55z_6.jpg

Edited by gregoire56

41 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

Out of interest are you now on the tsg payroll? 

Not necessarily.. but an interested user who would like to help bring the forum back to its former glory, absolutely 

22 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

And being paid/supported for it? 

Just want to understand that’s all

Doesn't seem like an appropriate question in a public forum, honestly.. I see the point you're driving at, you don't want to read posts from users that are presented as opinion if I'm being compensated to write it. I assure you that's not the case and any opinions I express in any of my posts are still mine and mine alone. Forgive me if I paraphrase information that I obtained from somewhere else since I do not have the means to independently test and research all such info myself, but I do assure you that any opinions presented are original thoughts of my own.

In the future any questions like this should probably be messaged to me

I agree to disagree.

i think in a public forum it is good to know who you can ask for advise and knowledge.

i hope it does get the forum rolling again especially atm.

anyway I think you have answered my questions.

some great new gear coming out!

keep it rolling.

1 hour ago, D22marshall said:

I agree to disagree.

i think in a public forum it is good to know who you can ask for advise and knowledge.

i hope it does get the forum rolling again especially atm.

anyway I think you have answered my questions.

some great new gear coming out!

keep it rolling.

Fair enough for sure. 

Goal is just to keep the convos going, not to market or sell anything. For good content I need some info and opinion not just pics, so without the means to put all these clubs in my hands I need to use the info I can find, but I promise I will not be portraying anybody else's opinion as my own. When I post an opinion it will be my own original thought, and if I do reference the opinions of anyone else it will be very clearly stated, unbiased, only from those who I can confirm have in fact tested the product, and only for the purpose of providing good information. 

like the shape, it looks like a high ball hammer.

but no way wud that get in my bag  looking like that,  the other pieces wud beat it death instantly for fuglying up the  bag!

hence why nothing new ever gets a peek in any more, re inventing the wheel can only go so far!!!!!!!!!

On 3/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, D22marshall said:

Out of interest are you now on the tsg payroll? 

not paid,  he is a moderator supporting the forum.    Of course if he needs anything we would hook him up and all he need do is ask.

Feel free to support anytime as well 🙂

This driver is made by OTA,  same as PXG and countless other big box names.   That means little but it's something.

I don't see gimmicks here.  the hosel is bonded and it has a single weight.  care to elaborate?

16 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

This driver is made by OTA,  same as PXG and countless other big box names.   That means little but it's something.

I don't see gimmicks here.  the hosel is bonded and it has a single weight.  care to elaborate?

Is there any science/R&D behind the slot in the sole or is it a gimmick?

On 3/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, supo said:

like the shape, it looks like a high ball hammer.

but no way wud that get in my bag  looking like that,  the other pieces wud beat it death instantly for fuglying up the  bag!

hence why nothing new ever gets a peek in any more, re inventing the wheel can only go so far!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm that is a good point, I too frequently note how much more I prefer club models from previous years over newer ones..

gives me an idea for some posts that could wind up being very interesting. 

I actually like the view from the top as well.   Love the Matte black version.  

Don't know much about this new face material ...  but did some reading of Japanese reviews,  apparently this head is as straight flight as a driver can get. 

People are comparing against Ping G400 Max and saying the eRook is straighter.    

Check out this limited edition Purple IP sole!!  Kinda like it!  

Would be a perfect color match with a HZRDUS Smoke Green in PVD green finish which has a purple tip section ( AKA "Hulk" ) 

There are heads with busier sole...  so I really don't mind this sole design. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 8.59.53 PM.png

The sole isn't great but I've seen worse. I do like the look at address and the shape in general, though. 

Somebody is going to have to try it out and let everyone know!

22 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Is there any science/R&D behind the slot in the sole or is it a gimmick?

Plenty science in this game but does any of it make much of a difference with all the variables that take place?

brands can show some type of minuscule improvement from almost anything.  I don't consider the sole slot to be a deal breaker or maker when seeking a new driver.