New Yamaha Tours 2022

parputt

nope ..club made  in japan.

hmm dont  beleive that for a second.

• Specifications are design values, and thus are subject to chan ge.
  • *Individual products may feature minor deviations in measurement.
  • Suggested head speed and flex ranges: N.S.PRO RMX95 (S):43-48m/s.
  • All irons are nickel chromium plated.
  • Loft and lie angles can be adjusted ±1º in 0.5º increments.
  • Adjusting loft and lie angles may resu lt in small dents in the nickel chromium plating, but the dents do not compromise performance or safety.
  • Clubs: Made in Japan.

nobs.. proper tranlsation ?

https://golf.yamaha.com/products/rmx_vd_tm_iron.html

You got all the translations correct Stu-san.   I doubt these heads are actually made in Japan.   If you look at the specs and footnotes one the other non-tourmodel  VD and VD40 they also say -  "Club: Made in Japan. "     which leads me to believe they are putting "Made in Japan" on everything when they are actually not. 

But Seriously?  why "VD?"    I learned in a special Physical Ed. session during high school that "VD" meant something very different!!  :(   

With this new release,  the previous model RMX 020 will hopefully go down in price on the used market!  I've kinda been eyeing on them.

1 hour ago, nobmontana said:

You got all the translations correct Stu-san.   I doubt these heads are actually made in Japan.   If you look at the specs and footnotes one the other non-tourmodel  VD and VD40 they also say -  "Club: Made in Japan. "     which leads me to believe they are putting "Made in Japan" on everything when they are actually not. 

But Seriously?  why "VD?"    I learned in a special Physical Ed. session during high school that "VD" meant something very different!!  :(   

With this new release,  the previous model RMX 020 will hopefully go down in price on the used market!  I've kinda been eyeing on them.

I agree. I couldn't play a club with 'VD' emblazoned on it!

6 hours ago, hutchy said:

2022 and these are still the best.

ym1.jpg

ym2.jpg

Still need to test the 2013 version before I give a final verdict on the Yamaha Inpres-x forged models. What shaft you got in these?

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

Still need to test the 2013 version before I give a final verdict on the Yamaha Inpres-x forged models. What shaft you got in these?

Currently have the STP 85 in them.

crazy 1.jpg

6 minutes ago, hutchy said:

Currently have the STP 85 in them.

crazy 1.jpg

Feel good?

4 minutes ago, Ian-500 said:

Feel good?

Very Ian...Surprisingly able to hold up when you step on them also, for a lesser weight shaft. I just got 2 of the UT 70 and couple of the 95 wedge for the set, to see how they go. Trying to put a whole set together of the 2013 gear. Some of the best looking woods and UTs I have seen. As you know im all in on the 4.6RPM driver.

ym3.jpg

ym4.jpg

ym5.jpg

Yam7.jpg

Always fancied trying the 4w 16.5. Going to be a great set up when finished Hutchy.

22 minutes ago, Ian-500 said:

Always fancied trying the 4w 16.5. Going to be a great set up when finished Hutchy.

I got the 5 wood and 3 Iron as options also. Sometimes nice to go back to old set up. Just picked up these 2 wedges. set complete as I dont believe Yamaha ever made a nice putter.

1b9b1f0

1b9b1e2

9 hours ago, hutchy said:

I got the 5 wood and 3 Iron as options also. Sometimes nice to go back to old set up. Just picked up these 2 wedges. set complete as I dont believe Yamaha ever made a nice putter.

1b9b1f0

1b9b1e2

I'm not jealous.....

2 hours ago, hutchy said:

I'm sure you haven't had them all before. 

Problem is playing them Ian. 

I have to sell to buy. I can't hoard like some of you guys. Would love to though 🙂

I'll play 'em if you can't.......

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

I have to sell to buy. I can't hoard like some of you guys. Would love to though 🙂

Better these than stamps mate..😉

2 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

I really wish I was disciplined like you, Ian.  However, this year, I made some progress.  Only 2 sets of irons in my rotation and 3 sets in idle.   (used to be 5 in idle)  🙂

how about these 3 ........... for oldies.

yama 09 tours,             2010 prgr tr500,             09  yam inpres x  forged 

mr wizard re built  those crazies  cbis  i got form you nobs  with the 2009 tour models a cpl ogf weeks ago

had them earmakred for the prgr tr500s   but the weight was an issue so the slightly longer , heavier YAMMY tours got the nod , was his decision , tried a 6 iron tester   last weekend,  annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they wont be headed to anyone else  anytime soon!

Amazing build , bit lighter and whippier than i was expecting but in a really good way. could move the ball laterally with  minimal effort compared to the NS i use.  he redid the tr500s with SP red S . THEY wont be going anyhwere soon either! 

i gave him   the  choice  of epon aftours, ,prgr tr500,callaway tour autehntics (  these were his second choice) ,grindworks Mb-1,honma  737m  or the yams, he took the 09 yam tours.

impressive  build. such a nice impact. 

he said matter of factly............ YAMAMA  tours  are one of the best heads hes ever seen, the ones  from 08/11 

EPON are the best clubs there are end of chat,  doesnt matter which model they always come up exactly to spec   and he ONLY uses specs as a guide not how they play, EPON are never ,ever out of sync. but he has a thing for old yams, i mentiond nevew models and he screwed his face up  stic kt o the old ones .. hahha, ok, so  ill stick to the oldies.

prgr   yam   epon   honma   miz  he says are all pretty much spot on ,was WAY more scathing for q cpl of newer models  that have come out.

which i wont mention.

funny   not played these in 7 years and now i have  2 sets fully back in the rotation .

the  09  inpres X-forged non tours are getting re done with  NS  modus 120X. for rainy days!

My buddy said last night over a cpl of beers  "if u just tuck to one set of bats u might just hit a  GIR  every now and again.  "

philistine! 

such is life of a ho! 

20211014_092228.jpg

20211014_100654.jpg

20211014_104607.jpg

20211013_145451.jpg

20211013_145512.jpg

20211013_145529.jpg

20211013_152145.jpg

20211013_152234.jpg

20211013_152411.jpg

20211015_093844.jpg

Edited by supo

2 hours ago, supo said:

how about these 3 ........... for oldies.

yama 09 tours,             2010 prgr tr500,             09  yam inpres x  forged 

mr wizard re built  those crazies  cbis  i got form you nobs  with the 2009 tour models a cpl ogf weeks ago

had them earmakred for the prgr tr500s   but the weight was an issue so the slightly longer , heavier YAMMY tours got the nod , was his decision , tried a 6 iron tester   last weekend,  annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they wont be headed to anyone else  anytime soon!

Amazing build , bit lighter and whippier than i was expecting but in a really good way. could move the ball laterally with  minimal effort compared to the NS i use.  he redid the tr500s with SP red S . THEY wont be going anyhwere soon either! 

i gave him   the  choice  of epon aftours, ,prgr tr500,callaway tour autehntics (  these were his second choice) ,grindworks Mb-1,honma  737m  or the yams, he took the 09 yam tours.

impressive  build. such a nice impact. 

he said matter of factly............ YAMAMA  tours  are one of the best heads hes ever seen, the ones  from 08/11 

EPON are the best clubs there are end of chat,  doesnt matter which model they always come up exactly to spec   and he ONLY uses specs as a guide not how they play, EPON are never ,ever out of sync. but he has a thing for old yams, i mentiond nevew models and he screwed his face up  stic kt o the old ones .. hahha, ok, so  ill stick to the oldies.

prgr   yam   epon   honma   miz  he says are all pretty much spot on ,was WAY more scathing for q cpl of newer models  that have come out.

which i wont mention.

funny   not played these in 7 years and now i have  2 sets fully back in the rotation .

the  09  inpres X-forged non tours are getting re done with  NS  modus 120X. for rainy days!

My buddy said last night over a cpl of beers  "if u just tuck to one set of bats u might just hit a  GIR  every now and again.  "

philistine! 

such is life of a ho! 

20211014_092228.jpg

20211014_100654.jpg

20211014_104607.jpg

20211013_145451.jpg

20211013_145512.jpg

20211013_145529.jpg

20211013_152145.jpg

20211013_152234.jpg

20211013_152411.jpg

20211015_093844.jpg

Not bad Supo....Always liked the look of the TRs. I think Darren M had a set I looked at in the flesh a few years back....They always stuck with me.

2011 wedges were really good. as well... IMO   better than the irons  of that year , which  we re a bit bland...  same great feel but... bland.. hit em a cpl of times but not over the  prior years.

Also   the  best  design of the tour irons  to me are prob  the  2010s .  i just love the  "lack of "cavity  and the blade like look,  but  the 09s sabre tootth cats teeth  look awsome as well  on a small  head.   dont really matter with them they  were (are still) all such great bats. 

oh almost forgot , t THE  wedges by YAM were  the raw / black spin monsters.

when you get those out  of the middle with some head speed and a whippy  shaft  ala DG spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin shafts oh lordy lord  , just  watch the balls come hurling back at you without any skin on   the impact zone  ! 

20211015_131214.jpg

Glad to hear you got to use the CBI-80s built.    I feel that even after 10 years,  there has not been graphite iron shaft as good feeling as the CBIs. 

My regular flex CBI-80 sets will be used for the Seven x Shinagawa MBs sometime in the next few years.   

12 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I really wish I was disciplined like you, Ian.  However, this year, I made some progress.  Only 2 sets of irons in my rotation and 3 sets in idle.   (used to be 5 in idle)  🙂

Only for financial reasons.........no discipline here 🙂

Those TR500's have to be some of the best looking irons EVER. Nearly as good as the MG MB5005, my all time favourite. Never hit either of them though 😞