New equipment news

dickyfowler

Not sure I would go that far lol.
That’s like saying Chrysler is as good as Toyota/Lexus because of the Technology inclusion these days. Like Swiss watches are on par with Waltham due to Waltham's Ahead of the curve slogan….

Some manufacturing processes in certain parts of the world will just never be surpassed long term. Fortunately for all of us JDM fans, Japan is known for its quality steel & composites manufacturing! Which is, last time I checked, the main materials in golf club manufacturing. 

Although the US gear has come along way, I would say it’s just come back from a long way behind to a reasonable position to justify its mass product high pricing. 

US products are nice and Shiny while new, boast certain materials and processing, but the quality of the base material and manufacturing process differ quite a bit. Just look at a Shimada shaft over any US steel. Or a Japanese high modulus hand rolled carbon graphite shaft. Then there’s the steel and process used for irons. Then there’s the plating…etc etc etc…the list goes on. 

Japanese manufacturing has taken a big hit during covid which has effectively closed down some of the smaller boutique JDM manufactures. Hopefully we see a big bounce back in production once everything has settled down. 

Edited by hutchy

• 8 months later...

have spotted some new BLACK Epon irons coming out to celebrate the company's anniversary.

saw them.....got a horn Louis Armstrong couldn't blow

There is a new driver as well

irons......  feel and ease of use >>>   baldo or epon????

I have not played Baldo irons (just got wedges, driver and 2-wood though) but have Epon’s in the bag and have had several sets before. Always feel good and easy to hit.

we are spoilt for choice - Epon irons have been very good for a long time