New driver shaft

bngolfer

I’ve used Basileus 2015 AAA for years in the 60s version. So smooth. Then I’ve played Loop CL, JJ and GK. All great shafts where GK was the winner for me.

Now I’m thinking I should build a slightly shorter driver @44.5”. Head is Baldo 438 9.5*.

My swing is around 100 mph and smooth transition. My misses are either a push or a hook but they are fairly rare. I hit the ball straight with control. But now I want more speed without going longer shaft = less control. I’ve been fitted into a Tensei Blue AV Raw 55x but I’m thinking Tensei 1K Orange 50x. Heard today that I should try the Ventus Black TR 5s or the Vanquish 50x. can you guys share thoughts? Who’s hit the Orange vs the Blue? Who’s hit the Ventus and perhaps most interesting - the Vanquish?

well..  I can give u some heads up on the VENTUS.

my bud plAYS THIS  in a 60x  with TM SIM2   @  45 inch  10.5*   he moves the ball about a bit  , drives to 270 yards  with occasional bigger one     we are pretty close   drive  for drive so his set up and mine are  a  clsoe match  for a comparrison vs my drivers to the gram.
i found   his one  to be  quite a  bit   softer and  less rigid than my diamanas,i i didnt like the feeel  of it at all. 
 i hit  quite a few balls with  it and then back to my diamana X  and felt like getting back in  sports car. 

he said without a doubt the diamana was  taughter  and flight slighhtly  lower   but straighter.

diamana make a 50x  ,  id seriously give this a look  as well. 

Thanks Stu. Do they make a 50x in the X?

I've been fitted for the same Tensei as you Bjorn, in a Titleist TSR2. Maybe the new Diamana GT 50x would be a good one to try. Love the look of it. Reminds me of 'The Diamana', which I believe was a Diamana x-17 series but with a fancy silver paint job, just like the GT. Gorgeous.

23 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Yes, that 50x would be interesting to try! The GT also looks interesting. I bought the Vanquish - have to try it - but will try to find the Diamana X 50x and also try out a GT. Thanks Ian.

Kinetixx are great shafts and so too are CRAZY

10 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I'd even suggest the GT 40X! It's awesome! 

20230203_094627.jpg

Wow - that’s light! But why not if it is stable.

13 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

Kinetixx are great shafts and so too are CRAZY

Kinetixx? Must look them up. One of the best feeling shafts ever is the Crazy Boron - loved it.

Edited by bngolfer

I have been gaming diamana x 17 60s since they came out. Tried the ventus black TR6s for the hype. Biggest mistake I hated it. 

couldn’t turn it over wasn’t so much the flex but couldn’t get the timing of the kick. Maybe I should have gone blue but I’m done w Fujikura. Why did I even doubt diamana. 

the diamana x is so much user friendly and automatic. I would have had to change my swing and tempo to make the ventus black work. 

my next shaft will most likely be the Tensei 1k ck pro white. I’m gaming Tensei in 3/5/23 driving iron and full iron set. Diamana man I am 

3 hours ago, Spoon said:

I have been gaming diamana x 17 60s since they came out. Tried the ventus black TR6s for the hype. Biggest mistake I hated it. 

couldn’t turn it over wasn’t so much the flex but couldn’t get the timing of the kick. Maybe I should have gone blue but I’m done w Fujikura. Why did I even doubt diamana. 

the diamana x is so much user friendly and automatic. I would have had to change my swing and tempo to make the ventus black work. 

my next shaft will most likely be the Tensei 1k ck pro white. I’m gaming Tensei in 3/5/23 driving iron and full iron set. Diamana man I am 

Thanks Carlo!

looking at a CRAZY shaft for Callaway driver -- but need to find out if an adapter can be fitted to those shafts... ?

7 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

looking at a CRAZY shaft for Callaway driver -- but need to find out if an adapter can be fitted to those shafts... ?

They will fit the tips are .355 or a shade above and can be sanded to fit into the callaway adapters. 

• 2 weeks later...

the Synchagraphite Zinger shafts are getting a lot of good publicity on the internet

• 4 weeks later...

my friend put a ZINGER (Syncagraphite) in his driver and WOW - automatic improvements in everything. I had a hit with it and must admit this is a shaft that is as good as anything I've ever tried and I've tested many of the top options. Do yourselves a favor and get one !!!

7 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

my friend put a ZINGER (Syncagraphite) in his driver and WOW - automatic improvements in everything. I had a hit with it and must admit this is a shaft that is as good as anything I've ever tried and I've tested many of the top options. Do yourselves a favor and get one !!!

Does it need to be on the specific SW just like the Autoflex?

if you got the shaft/driver head fitted to your own specs I'm sure it would be even better....but my friend didn't bother with any of that. He just bought the Zinger in the lighter weight option - put it in an existing Callaway driver head he had...and it just worked like a dream. It didn't feel as whippy as the AutoFlex and is definitely a better color.  I know nothing more. But there is a website for that company.

I’m loving the Vanquish 5X! I hit it a big higher than the AAA and Loop GK. But easy to fade or draw at will. Love it. I get a bit more speed too. About 102 mph.