Easier to hit...MP 33 or MP 32

plus1

You don't like the Miuras?

The MP-30s and the 32s are pretty much the same as far as forgiveness, IMO. I actually think the 32s are a little more forgiving. The topline isn't as thick as the 30s, but it appears to be a little longer heel to toe. I could be wrong about that, haven't actually measured both. I know a couple of people who bought a mixed set, mp30 in the longer irons, 32 in the shorter irons. They had nothing but good things to say about that combination. I actually went with a MX-23 4 iron and MP32 5-pw.

I consider the MP-33's one of the most forgiving and easiest irons to hit, either mb's or cb's. Since owning the MP-33's, I've had the chance to hit a set of MP-32's, and due to their more blunted (rolled) leading edge, I"ve found MP-32's to be even easier to hit.

My findings are based upon my tendency to dig with irons :tired:

Been playing the MP-32's for 5 months and before that the MP-33 both with DGS300 lites and hand down the 32's are the more forgiving of the two. The 33's are probably the best feeling irons I've ever hit so you can't do badly with either! MUCH LOVE FOR MIZUNO HERE!!! :cool:

longtime MP14 player

ordered a combo 30/33, for whatever reason, I did not like the 33's

I then replaced the 33's with 32's and could not be happier with the decision

32'a are much closer to the 14's for me

I do love the 30's however-- I do not like the 33's or 37's

My teaching pro is a Mizuno guy and I've hit all the Mizuno clubs. Everyone I've talked to marvels at the 32's forgiveness and distance. This is despite the difference in lofts, which are minimal, I think 1 degree. It's hard to believe the cut muscle works as much as it does. Give em a try and I am sure you'll be convinced. The MP-32's are definately easier to hit than my 690.CB's and the MP-33's.

I learned how to play golf with MP-14's, had 2 sets. I've hit many clubs since then and have never really found any that felt as good. Looked at the MP-33's, felt clicky and hard, didnt like them. Tried Hogans, again clicky and hard. Just hit the MP-32's and have to say they are the easiest to hit and the best feeling club I have hit since my 14's. I havent played a full set just a few irons, but they are great. IMHO, the MP-32 is one of the top 5 best clubs I have ever hit. Im going to try the TP's again to make sure I wasnt having a bad swing day, which is most days. Good luck! G :cool:

first of all MATT sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet irons they are unreal looking!

secondly......i tried the 32s when they first came out and automatically didnt like them, having said that i did not give them much of a chance. so i tried them again yesterday and did a comparison and not only are the mp32s easier to hit, they feel softer too and seemed to go further. along side these i was hitting the 690.cb and my own miura 201s neither matched.. however the miuras were not far behind!

is thios too difficult of an iron for a 20 handicap who is working on reducing his index...will it be foolish to get these over mx-23's??

Go with the 23's until you're a solid single digit-----23's are a great club

Kind of depends on if you have some solid fundamentals set and how you prefer to learn. I dropped from a 25 to a 15 by going with a less forgiving iron (Cleveland TA5's to Cobra Forged SS to TM RAC MB's). Using less forgiving irons forces you to pay attention to your swing a little more and give you more feedback about your misses. Since the TM MB's I've since moved onto Mizuno MP 33's and continue to improve. A lot of the slop in my swing has tightened up and I'm a lot better off the tee than ever. I plan on dipping into the low teen's this year. The MP32's are supposed to be more forgiving than the MP33's.

before i became a TM staffer i was playing the MP-37's & before that i was playing the MP-33's. but out of the 33's & 32's i would say the 32's are easier to hit due to the muscle cavity which replaces more weight down low therefore makes it easier to get the ball in the air, IMO