MIZUNO MP-57

xxio

Mizuno just held the Finals of a National 2man Scramble Tournament here in the Philippines. The Asia Manager was there. A buddy struck up a conversation and squeezed out that a new iron is to be released in late August. In between the MP27 and MP60...a MP57.

Mizuno just held the Finals of a National 2man Scramble Tournament here in the Philippines. The Asia Manager was there. A buddy struck up a conversation and squeezed out that a new iron is to be released in late August. In between the MP27 and MP60...a MP57.

thanks for the heads up. thats all you fished?:)

I wasn't there at the time. I was in HK Disney and having a nice father's day weekend with the wife and kids.

I wish I was there though for at least the sale. They were selling most of everything at 30%off. Imagine MP60s with stock NS Pro 1050s at a great price.

It is ALWAYS exciting when Mizuno releases new irons.....bring it on!!

It is ALWAYS exciting when Mizuno releases new irons.....bring it on!!

August is just around the corner,

Some one must have more info!

2 months from introduction and no one has secret pics :atsg_smilie_roll:

I can't even imagine what shape falls between the 60 & 27 :atsg_smilie_onoff:

Kent

My country dealer has pics on his camera phone. They are being forwarded to me. I have been told that I am correct. Basically MP27s with cut muscle.

I have been sworn to secrecy and cannot show the pics otherwise I cannot get the pre order discount pricing.

The Japan market dealers will get samples in late August and a formal launch is set in late September.

New driver as well. Movable, but not detachable weighting.

I'm sure Chris with his contacts in Miz can get more info without getting on a bad side like me.

Edited by xxio

Another JDM driver or USA version?

Im drooling over the new Craft 460, will post pics of mine tomorrow.

I sent Mizuno JPN an e-mail about the new irons, i hope to get some sort of info from them.

Hey XXIO,

Many shops in Japan have had this brochure for a couple weeks, I will have a clear version as soon as i am mailed the brochure and scan it. We can remove these pics if you want but people can check them out via google and WRX anyway sir. Let me know.

Whatever the case these do look very good, much better than the MP-27 IMO.

Also guys I will be posting small pics of the Mizuno MP-60 Hokkaido Edition Iron. Looks unreal has the outline of Hokkaido on the toe and a very sharp angle sole grind for hard turf conditions.

I talked to the guy he seems fine with it. The site (where the pics were lifted) is small enough I guess. We won't get into trouble now that the brochures have officially been released as well.

The WRX pics seem to be the same pics.

Can I ask Goshinboku to credit the site where he got them, if he did indeed get them from my friend's site.

hey man i know the site you are referring to. they are in fact the pics of mb

Also guys I will be posting small pics of the Mizuno MP-60 Hokkaido Edition Iron. Looks unreal has the outline of Hokkaido on the toe and a very sharp angle sole grind for hard turf conditions.

My interest has piqued....especially to see the grind. Can't wait for the pics.

I assume the MP-57 would be a Japan only product?

Guys guys, I think we've gotten both your points. If you'd like to discuss your opinions of copyrights further, please take it to PM's. Let's keep the thread on track again. Thanks.

I've got a load of new Japanese magazines in tomorrow, August issues... let's hope some of them have some MP-57 previews!

Gocchin,

You're right. I'll delete my posts that shouldn't be out there. No need to muck up this thread.

My friend was asked by the Miz distributor to take the pics down in the meantime. So actually the taking down worked out as well. Chris we need your pics. Especially the address pics of the short irons. Need to see if these have reverse progression.

Edited by xxio

• 2 weeks later...
Heard from a very reliable source they will be offered here (US)...due in late August-early Fall. :atsg_smilie_mizuno:

Yes thats confirmed it will be released in August in the USA and early 2008 in Japan.

MP Hokkaido pics should be up by this Wednesday.

Here you go!I hope this will work.

V

Looks like the MP line is finally getting a deeper cavity! Very interesting.

Okay, the absolute slavish devotion to the cut muscle BS has to go... this club's appearance with that little cut muscle is crap-- I thought the mp-67s were baloney, but this takes the prize. For the life of me, I don't get why EVERY club in the line-up has to employ some cut muscle configuration... the cut muscle does little to NOTHING, and Mizuno's iron line-up would be better served by employing different styling and foregivness at each product level... this looks like a marketing decision gone very wrong ...

Not doubting whether the Cut Muscle works or not..ONly hit the MP60 at a shop before..

But does anyone have a technical explanation of what the Cut Muscle does??