Fourteen Limited Edition MT28 TS SPEC 3 wedge set

gocchin

Fourteen golf is releasing a special 3 Wedge set dubbed the Limited Edition MT28 TS Spec.

This wedge is identical to the latest prototype wedges carried by several JPGA pros. These wedges are all hand finished with twin sole grinds and a nickel chome underlay for soft feel and then hand polished and then applied with a special black plated finish.

The 3 wedge set includes a 48/7 53/10 and 58/14 wedge, made to be the ultimate short game set. (PW,AW,SW)

The flat sole grind is made to be versatile and allows the wedge to be easily opened (this is so true because the RC 6150TG also has this grind and it is just so versatile).

The black finish eliminates glare and improves durability. The grooves are typical Fourteen, sharp and awesome spin .

Each set is individually numbered and without a doubt will sell fast.

mt-28tsspec_popimg002.jpg

T: How much for the set?? Will TSG be getting some set??

Does the black finish come off with use??

I am a big fan of FOURTEEN Wedges..currently playing the MT28 JSpec 50/54/58...

This would be ideal for me....

We'll definitely be getting a few sets. They are not going to be cheap because of the amount of time spent on each wedge. Fourteen says there is a lot of work put into each wedge to finish it perfectly with polish then plating. Add on to that the time they spend to do this twin sole grind and we're talking possibly the best Fourteen wedge ever. The black plating is there for durability, I doubt it would come off too easily.

I want a set.

We'll definitely be getting a few sets. They are not going to be cheap because of the amount of time spent on each wedge. Fourteen says there is a lot of work put into each wedge to finish it perfectly with polish then plating. Add on to that the time they spend to do this twin sole grind and we're talking possibly the best Fourteen wedge ever. The black plating is there for durability, I doubt it would come off too easily.

Is there any specific reason why the lofts are 48/53/58 as apposed to other combinations such as 52/56/60? Or are they simply lofts proffered by tour players.

4 degrees of loft is usually the standard amount of loft between clubs in an iron set. Most PWs are around 47 degrees so, the 48 def. won't fit most bags unless you ditch your PW for it. I prefer my first wedge (GW) @ 52 degrees... That said, still an amazing looking set of wedges.

btw. I also don't think its's necessary to have that grind on a 48 degree iron. Leave it to the 56s and above, when you really want to open it up and hit the high flopper.

Wedge loft choice can really vary especially with JDM iron sets having PW's ranging from 42-47*, I think a 50, 54 58 (which is what I carry now) or 50 55 60 would have worked well, though actually when I think about it, this set could work for me (my PW is 45* AF-701). My approach wedge which is usually my 50 would go 2* stronger.

Fourteen is usually pretty soft so bending is possible though loft changes will affect bounce by a degree either way for every degree you bend stronger or weaker.

T:

Do you know what type of Dynamic Gold?? S200 or S300?? Can they be ordered with NSPro Wedge Flex??

I play 45PW on my set and have Fourteen 50/54/58 (bent to 50/55/59, as my Joe Kwok Vokeys are 50/56/60)

Keep us updated on this one..

Unfortunately they are only available with Dynamic Gold Wedge flex (132g). 35.25" on the 48 and 53 and 35" on the 58"

D1.5 D2 and D3 respectively.

Okay...

the price of the set is..... ???

I think we are looking at paying 750-850 for the set, maybe more.

Edited by xchangmanx

I want set #0007

or 0023

or 0099

or 0100

or 0200

or 0500

or 2000

and the price and availability is????

They're not cheap J, over $800 MSRP and to be released on March 7th.... however the way Fourteen wedges sell in Japan they'll be sold out for sure!

• 6 years later...

rehashing this as these are my fav wedges.

anyone end up gettitng any of these. ?

they are back in the bag at the moment. as its getting a bit thicker on groun here.

they are VERY hard to bend. so they can be done only once.

i had a set bent to 50-55-60 to play with my 46* PW.

these spin like the aboslutle clappers.

are very heavy and extremely all round.

play them in hawaii, they domintated there last year over all my others.

just need a bit of grass with these bec the 60 is 14* bounce. and NOT ideal to slice under thin fairways.

as good as anything ive ever palyed.

some snaps