2008 EPON 208KGX In Hand Actual Images!

TourSpecGolfer

Got to hit a few shots with each finish today. Let me start by saying Epon has made a major breakthrough in spin, these babies are sharp, legal and chews golf ball covers for breakfast. I was able to hit it side by side against some of the new Callaway wedges with MD grooves, very similar but the Epon's actually produced more spin. Yes even more than Fourteen and Crew's wedges. I have not seen a wedge chew a ball like this since the illegal version of the GAS1 Forged. The bounce on this new 208KGX model is higher yet its camber lower, its grind has the perfect amount of trailing edge relief before its sole flattens out. Yes much better than the previous model for steeper swingers.

Its head is also noticeably more compact than the AF wedge, its for sure setup for the better player. Of the three finishes the the smooth gold felt the softest. I like the silver satin versions feel best. while the charcoal black was in between the two.

Will provide more info soon as I have a couple of rounds coming up with them. Right now they are shafted with K's wedge shafts.

023_005.jpg

024_005.jpg

078.jpg

079_001.jpg

081.jpg

087_002.jpg

wow do those ever look amazing.

interesting to see these and the yamaha's have similar cuts on the muscle.

Well it's definitely a good way to remove excess weight at the bottom by creating that "box cavity" and bringing CG up for lower more stable trajectory and lots of spin.... remember the Yamaha is forged at Endo too (^_6)

Epon totally revamped their wedges this time around and they do have a more sophisticated grind and even though the bounce is higher, they are made to easily open up and definitely play well in all lies. As for the spin, these KGX grooves are engraved, not pressed or stamped which is why they are SHARP!!

They've also designed the wedge so that when you open the face to have more loft or bounce the grooves do not aim right...

These wedges are even better looking in person - I only got the smooth gold finish. Screams quality. The sole goes a lovely bright golden colour after use...assune it will darken slightly when not used.

Could not be happier with them. I sold my initial run in a day - just had to show a customer the head - done deal.

Waiting for the next shipment - impatiently!

i have the black ones and all i can say is that if thr terminator had wedges these would be it. i love the way these wedges work but found them harder to get used to compared to the af wedge. i clearly notice a lower ball trajectory and lots of spin on the new wedges. they certainly stop on a dime. i guess this would be attributable to the higher cg on the heads.

on practice i came short compared to my previous wedges expecting the balls to land with some roll. now these stop on a dime. guess i will have to take this into consideration. thats a good thing though. will take some photos later in the day

These updated pics look alittle better, but still they do no justice to the beauty of these wedges.

post-11690-1201935349.jpg

post-11690-1201935236.jpg

Edited by xchangmanx

Back from the range. as you can see these shred balls. most so in the 60*. love how the wedges look after use. looks better with age and just looks tough!

2234697954_8dd0bc726b_b.jpg

2233909865_053db2bb3b.jpg

2234697652_974e1a5a29_b.jpg

2234698246_1111feee7e.jpg

2234698138_f127011448_b.jpg

Carlo,

So... I am really curious. On the shots that are not hit flush, what is the forgiveness like.

Does it still feel decent?

Does the ball still fly fairly true?

distance?

When they find out it was you and your Epons they are going to ban them from the range after ruining their balls!!!

Carlo,

So... I am really curious. On the shots that are not hit flush, what is the forgiveness like.

Does it still feel decent?

Does the ball still fly fairly true?

distance?

When they find out it was you and your Epons they are going to ban them from the range after ruining their balls!!!

j,

actually im glad you asked the wedge is pretty easy to hit but not as user friendly as my other epon wedges. i guess workability comes at a price but if a hacker like me can handle it then anyone else can:) seriously though they are awesome wedges and i recommend it to anyone. i guess i was just spoiled by last years epon wedges.

shots that were not hit flush would still have pretty good distance but with a loss of trajectory height. on the range my mis**ts would be about 10-15 yards on average.

3 full rounds w/this wedge. I have the 52 and 58 in gold. Love the performance, love the spin, feels like my Yamaha impress x wedge w/the amount of spin it creates. Played at Coral Creek in very wet conditions; pouring rain, and then next day played another 18 w/alot of rain. All that rain and still the ball spun w/perfect trajectory control. Ball sometimes dances w/more spin and low trajectory. Great for hitting greens that are hard. Overall a super wedge that, I'm very happy with.

On another note, this wedge should be bought just for the its cosmetic beauty :tsg_smiley_heart: :tsg_smiley_heart:

3 full rounds w/this wedge. I have the 52 and 58 in gold. Love the performance, love the spin, feels like my Yamaha impress x wedge w/the amount of spin it creates. Played at Coral Creek in very wet conditions; pouring rain, and then next day played another 18 w/alot of rain. All that rain and still the ball spun w/perfect trajectory control. Ball sometimes dances w/more spin and low trajectory. Great for hitting greens that are hard. Overall a super wedge that, I'm very happy with.

On another note, this wedge should be bought just for the its cosmetic beauty :tsg_smiley_heart: :tsg_smiley_heart:

Glad I postponed my trip to Hawaii!!!!

On another note... I think most all of the new wedges are ball shredders.

Hit about a 100 range balls with a full swing to try and dull them a bit???

Epon wedges: For the money, the best wedges on the planet, now, even better.

I have a set of copper x-wedges, Technity, outstanding wedges. Can't wait to try out the

new 208KGX's.

xchangmanx

You normally play Black Gold in your wedges, how do you find the 1150GH Tours?

sk

Lol xchangmanx, I was playing at West Loch on the same day. Although we caught little rain , the greens were so wet we had to putt 2x as hard to get the ball rolling!

Those are really attractive! I don't think I've ever seen so much of the ball cover stuck in the grooves. Astounding, I wonder how many shots it would take to dull those edges some, or maybe I could just shave for a week or two with the wedge, that'll dull em up.

Lol xchangmanx, I was playing at West Loch on the same day. Although we caught little rain , the greens were so wet we had to putt 2x as hard to get the ball rolling!

Haha small world! Here on the islands, it has been rainy all week =(. OMG talk about rain.

Anyways on to the topic of the wedge> the Gold wedge by far owns all!! Its so beautiful when polished.

• 3 months later...

For the guys that have owned the black and the gold version of this wedge, how does it wear??

Can somebody kindly post a pic of the face as well as the sole??

Many many thankx..

The gold one looks really sweet.. the black one looks cool as well...

The gold finish won't hold up well if you play alot. They won't hold up in the sand at all. For this reason I bought a second set, for the daily grind. Satin is the most durable I believe.