Anyone playing / hitting the Tourstage 445cc Black?

MCsub

yup, got one a few weeks ago and mostly used it on the range because of all the rain and the cold I caught last week.

I got a new 445 in 10.5 with black diamana stiff.

I've put it against my Epon Xcon6 9.5 and XDrive GR 10.5 Code6 on the vector and it's very comparable to the Epon.

It's not better in performance but it does feel more balanced and looks hella nice in black. I've hit about 8 balls each.

Here are the numbers, please comment and offer advice. I plan on using the Epon for hard fairways that will let it run and the 445 as the main driver.

The Epon feels a lot nicer and softer, the 445 is a bit louder, the GR is a tad louder than the 445, but none of them are annoyingly loud. The GR is longer heel to toe. The 445 doesn't look smaller than the Epon, they look about the same. At address, I don't notice the red webbing. What's cool is the grooves on the face, I guess for more backspin.

The Epon had a tighter dispersion while the 445 had more carry and was overall longer for my swing, but had about 10 more yards dispersion to the right. The shafts are totally different in each so it's hard to compare. It's a real nice driver and don't let anyone tell you it's for really good ballstriker. I'm a midcapper with a low swingspeed, I didn't have any issues whatsoever with the 445 with 10.5 loft. The stock shaft is ultra stable and I gripped down half inch to match my Epon's length too.

As you can see from the numbers, the launch is a bit high and the spin is a bit low, I guess it's too extreme for high launch and low spin.

Tourstage XDrive 445 10.5 Diamana Black Stiff

===============================

Carry = 226.5

Roll = 14.5

Total = 241

Offline = 17.1

SS = 90.9

Launch = 17.2

BallSpeed = 133.5

Descent = -37.8

BackSpin = 2762

Side Spin = -181

Side Angle = 3.0375

Epon 460ZR 9.5 XCon6 SR

=====================

Carry = 217.2

Roll = 18.9

Total = 236.1

Offline = 13.5

SS = 87.3

Launch = 17.7

BallSpeed = 130.4

Descent = -33

BackSpin = 1665

Side Spin = -43

Side Angle = 3.25

Tourstage XDrive 460 GR 10.5 Code6 SR

===============================

Carry = 224.7

Roll = 13.6

Total = 238.2

Offline = 23.6

SS = 91.2

Launch = 18.5

BallSpeed = 133.5

Descent = -40.5

BackSpin = 2929

Side Spin = -403

Side Angle = 2.9

Edited by jacksonlui

For feel, looks, sound and distance it provides, this is one of the best drivers I have tried. However, I found it not to be all that forgiving.

Awesome driver for the low handicapper. Indeed not the most forgiving but if you strike the ball with consistency, this driver will deliver a beautiful controlled ball flight. Looks awesome and feel is not your tinny Japanese feel - rather a slightly muted solid feel. I had a 9.5* which I gave to a young scratch golfer and you could immediately see how he hit it longer and straighter than his Titleist 907D2 w/ Proforce V2. I then got another 9.5* plus a 10.5*. Settled with the 9.5* and gave the 10.5* to a friend who's a 5 handicapper and the guy loves it as well. My last round I hit it consistently long and missed 1 single fairway. Shot 4 over due to average iron play. This driver is the real deal.

Is it one of the lowest spinning drivers on the market?

The Epon had a tighter dispersion while the 445 had more carry and was overall longer for my swing, but had about 10 more yards dispersion to the right. The shafts are totally different in each so it's hard to compare. It's a real nice driver and don't let anyone tell you it's for really good ballstriker. I'm a midcapper with a low swingspeed, I didn't have any issues whatsoever with the 445 with 10.5 loft.

Awesome data and a great review. Kudos J.

I also have the 445 in 9.5 stiff, the epon technity 460 9.5 rombax 7x07, and the GR 460 9.5 w/a roddio 6ba stiff.

My SS is around 105 right now, and I carry longer w/the 445 stock stiff setup than the epon and GR. However, I have the same problem as jacksonlui; I have way more dispersion to the right w/the dimana black shaft. My bad shot is either a pull or block and the the Rombax shaft is just way better for me in that dept. Rombax w/the Epon is a great combo, the ball seems to have a strong piercing trajec which seems powers through and bores more than the 445 w/diamana stock shaft. The 445's traj just doesn't seem as powerfull as the Epon's, as it seems to kinda struggle to get in the air. But for some reason the 445s carry is longer by about 5 yards. GR w/the roddio is spined floed, I end up hitting it just as long as the epon, but the it can't compare the the feel of the Epon. I'd play the Epon anyday over the GR.

I end up playing the epon w/the roddio more than both TS drivers. Comparing 445 w/the Epon, I'll sacrifice 5 yards for the feel of the Epon any day.

I prob will end up pulling the shaft from the 445, and trying something else. It truly is a great head and the most eye catching driver I've seen second to the black onoff, I would def purchase this driver again and again and again. Just get fitted.