Miura CB 2006 vs. MB 5003

Richmond Golfer

Does Miura have a Worldwide list of Creditable Clubmakers? I pity the poor guy in Nigeria that just bought some of these misbored club heads. This whole thing does not make sense, again!! But, I'm on the hunt to find out what is going on and the trail is getting twisty, to say the least.

TSG is absolutely correct. All Miura iron heads have hosels with that dimension, and Miura intends to make them that way. It is like custom fitting for guns; manufacturers of slides and gun frames will make them slightly oversized for custom filing. Although it is not as critical in a golf club, it is still best to have a shaft tip fit perfectly tight into the hosel. Also, please realize that iron shafts do have tolerances too. Any qualified clubmakers worth their salt should have no problem installing them properly. (Club makers bore hosels all the time when they put a pararell tip shaft 0.370 into a standard OEM hosel 0.355.) Go to a qualified club makers and you will never have to worry about this. After all, you have already spent a lot of money for such a great set of clubs, do not waste it having them fit in a garage (in Nigeria). :tsg_smiley_putter2:

I am sure you will love your CB2006. Call me a snob, but Miura to me is always a blade!

what are some of the disadvantages of boring out the hosel to 370 assuming it's done right?

The shaft tip isn't as lively as Tapered, plus the feel and feedback is dampened more with .370 bore.