Supo67 Review's the Fourteen DT111 & Hi610h

TourSpecGolfer

had a great hit out 2 nights ago with both this and the srixon uti both 4 utes so 22* + 21*

stock shaft in the fourteen as mentioned.

ns 950 s in the sixon.

hit abt out 20 + balls with each from mats in perfect conditions.

the fourteen is heavier, much heavier, esp on swing weight, dont know the exact numbers but the feel was nociceably differerent.

the ball flights were differnt but not too mcuh , the 14 is lower and more penetrating the srixon more floatier.

distacnce id say the fourteen was longer by 10+ yards.

the look at address is very differnt the srixon uti is a big iron. big light huge soled iron. with a noticaeble amount of off-set, the 14 is sleeker ,more rounded and alot more hybrid style.

impact is very dissimilar as well, the14 is quite punchy and solid , where as the srixon is feather light buttery and fast.

the srixon was MILES better feeling

the shaft in the 14 is ok at best. theres ntohing good abot it or bad it just is. adequate . they could have done LOT better here than what they did.

makes the head feel pretty dead esp. in comp to the srixon NS combo, ud never pick up the 14 on feeling if u hit both. but............. but....... the 14 was a lot more penetrating, easier to hit both ways.and longer.

its very nice at addres , i never think im gonna scuff it, with the srixon tho and that huge sole that thought isnt too far away.

the srixon is the more versatile of the 2 in current make up. i wil pull the shaft in the 14 and put a ns in it for sure.

that combo of ns 950 and ute is a beauty.

as it stands the thumbs up goes to the srixon. but il lmake another judgement when i hit it with te steel shaft.

iwas thinking of going all carbon in utes bec. the NS just feels so damn good and the ball goes MUCH straighter more often.

overall both are pretty easy to hit ,the 14 is the easier and longer, the srixon much better feel and look.

as it stands srixon has got its nose in front. but with the same shaft im thinking there might be a change around

had a great hit out 2 nights ago with both this and the srixon uti both 4 utes so 22* + 21*

stock shaft in the fourteen as mentioned.

ns 950 s in the sixon.

hit abt out 20 + balls with each from mats in perfect conditions.

the fourteen is heavier, much heavier, esp on swing weight, dont know the exact numbers but the feel was nociceably differerent.

the ball flights were differnt but not too mcuh , the 14 is lower and more penetrating the srixon more floatier.

distacnce id say the fourteen was longer by 10+ yards.

the look at address is very differnt the srixon uti is a big iron. big light huge soled iron. with a noticaeble amount of off-set, the 14 is sleeker ,more rounded and alot more hybrid style.

impact is very dissimilar as well, the14 is quite punchy and solid , where as the srixon is feather light buttery and fast.

the srixon was MILES better feeling

the shaft in the 14 is ok at best. theres ntohing good abot it or bad it just is. adequate . they could have done LOT better here than what they did.

makes the head feel pretty dead esp. in comp to the srixon NS combo, ud never pick up the 14 on feeling if u hit both. but............. but....... the 14 was a lot more penetrating, easier to hit both ways.and longer.

its very nice at addres , i never think im gonna scuff it, with the srixon tho and that huge sole that thought isnt too far away.

the srixon is the more versatile of the 2 in current make up. i wil pull the shaft in the 14 and put a ns in it for sure.

that combo of ns 950 and ute is a beauty.

as it stands the thumbs up goes to the srixon. but il lmake another judgement when i hit it with te steel shaft.

iwas thinking of going all carbon in utes bec. the NS just feels so damn good and the ball goes MUCH straighter more often.

overall both are pretty easy to hit ,the 14 is the easier and longer, the srixon much better feel and look.

as it stands srixon has got its nose in front. but with the same shaft im thinking there might be a change around

got any pics on the srixon mate?

I liked the Srixon over the 14 as well. here are some pics:

img_5107.jpg

img_5102.jpg

img_5125.jpg

img_5128.jpg

Got it. THanks for the pics

I liked the Srixon over the 14 as well. here are some pics:

img_5107.jpg

img_5102.jpg

img_5125.jpg

img_5128.jpg

chris,

would you say that the srixon is superior to the epon 901? i am using the 22 901 as a 3/4 iron replacement. love it

so much and will not change it. i need a 19/20 driving iron so im contemplating the 901, this srixon and even the RC BBD.

what do you suggest?

its not bad weapon. the more im hitting it , the more im liking what it can do.. it really has good distance , which for a driving hyrid, i guess thast what u want. its not super low, nor balloony either.id say its a solid club.and it gets easier to hit the more i hit it.

it takes a wee while to get used to the look. but now , no dramas.

even tho the srixon looks better and feels better i think the 14 is the easier to hit consistantly, and u might only need this type of club 1 or 2 times a round, ithink u want the most relaiable u can get. after a few more sessions im changing my mind and id prefer to hit the 14.

as i said the shaftaint spectacular. but it still gets it out there.

if u get this club, i dont think ud be dissapointed. juts hit it at the range a lot and ull get accustomed to its diffferent design.

its DEF got a spot in my links bag. DEFINATLY.

Edited by supo67

I'm not sure about superior but I like it better. I hit one of the softest most best feeling shots ever with them.

I think the Srixon is the most iron like of what your looking at. The Fourteen with the same shaft has me a slightly higher ball flight and both had nice tight dispersion's going on in the NS950.

I'm not sure about superior but I like it better. I hit one of the softest most best feeling shots ever with them.

I think the Srixon is the most iron like of what your looking at. The Fourteen with the same shaft has me a slightly higher ball flight and both had nice tight dispersion's going on in the NS950.

Thanks chris, just wondering about the lofts, srixon is 18,20,23 are these 3,4,5 iron replacements? Lofts seem a bit strong

For what I intend to use ut for. Need something similar to the 19 901 lengthwise. Would that be the 18 or 20 of the srixon ? I can bend One up or one Down to get the desired loft

• 3 weeks later...

I read this thread a few times and I am confused. Back and forth! What is the verdict?

If its one or the other

if u want hi landing softnes the srixon

if u want more penetration its fourteen

both good

dufferent styles

fourteen for wind

• 5 months later...

Didn't know you reviewed clubs for TSG, supo.

Any chance of trying a KBS c Taper VS your HOLY sp blue on a monitor? :tsg_smiley_ninja:

Also, you compared the Fourteen DT 111 to the yamaha driver, which one?

What shaft would you recommend in the DT 111?