Grips - What Do You Like?

bogeydog

Its been a while since we have discussed grips. What is everyone using and why?

I'm partial to the No1 grips. I like the soft & tacky feel more so now that I've gone gloveless. Although, durability could be an issue for those that grip tightly. I'm currently looking into other options. The Tour G on my driver feels pretty good.

I'm trying an X-Grip right now. Has anyone used this without a glove?

Are there any grips other than Iomics :tsg_smiley_pimp:

I used a lot of NOWONs in the past. they just wear too quickly. i feel they are too soft. The Iomics are beautiful but no matter how much i change i go to GP Tour Velvets. I don't mind the new GP VDR series. I have them in my Irons now.

Gripmaster leather stitchback (round) for all irons/woods...

Feel great, durability will make for initial cost and most importantly the grip in hot & humid conditions is outstanding.

Try one out and see how good they are (the leather wraps are also good and there are embossed sets available on net cheaper).

Nowon no.1 50 or tour G 50 for irons, Nowon no.1 50 for wedges, and ionic sticky or Tour G 50 or 70 for woods and driver.... I think the Nowon's are the tackiest grip I have ever tried and I love that, they get a little torquey on the woods though... I'm thinking of giving the Nowon Experts a go since I like the 50 so much... The Tour G grips work very well, no twisting whatsoever, i kinda consider them a "high performance" grip, for me these are like a much improved Tour Velvet which was my preferred grip for many years even though I tried everything else available state side....

Right now I'm having more trouble finding a glove I like than a grip though....

J.

Nowon no.1 50 or tour G 50 for irons, Nowon no.1 50 for wedges, and ionic sticky or Tour G 50 or 70 for woods and driver.... I think the Nowon's are the tackiest grip I have ever tried and I love that, they get a little torquey on the woods though... I'm thinking of giving the Nowon Experts a go since I like the 50 so much... The Tour G grips work very well, no twisting whatsoever, i kinda consider them a "high performance" grip, for me these are like a much improved Tour Velvet which was my preferred grip for many years even though I tried everything else available state side....

Right now I'm having more trouble finding a glove I like than a grip though....

J.

i like the fit39 gloves, they fit perfectly and have good contact.

i will not use another grip for now. i find the multis to be the same.

Edited by Spoon

Good looks, I'll give the gloves a shot, I have been with foot joy's forever, lately I haven't enjoyed the way they're fitting me and have felt bulky when I'm gripping the club...

J.

i use the iomic x-evolution and perfect pro cord on absolutely everything .

in the wet the iomics are great.

the iomics are slightly thicker and shorter , the perfect pro longer and thinner.

i have a set of those leather gripmasters , but i think they are too thick. sticky as hell. but they are def a thicker grip, not sure what to put them on

Nowon No1 grips for me, although they do wear quicker than most. I now use an air compressor to change my grips which has revolutionised this task.

Fit39 gloves are great but if you are are looking for an all leather glove the Footjoy Pure Touch is as good as you can get.

+2 For Gripmaster leather.