Driving #2 #3 #4 Iron option

hiro

I'm looking for driving iron... thinking on getting Miura cb501 for #3 and #4..

i need some more option, what to get below $200/pc

+1 on the Srixon, its the best stock driving iron by far, the current model looks a bit large though, the previous model is much sexier. The older Fourteen Tour driving irons were excellent, the Srixon gives an easier launch though while the Fourteen is a bit easier to move around.

Used Mizuno Fli-Hi or the newer H4. Very underated.

I've got the current Srixon 3 and 4 ute/di and, after flattening the lie angle a couple of degrees, they work and feel great.

i rather get miura cb501 for 190 than getting a used ping..

H4 is one of my option they do offer #2 #3 #4, but they haven't sell it /iron in here i have to wait for it.

i rather get miura cb501 for 190 than getting a used ping..

H4 is one of my option they do offer #2 #3 #4, but they haven't sell it /iron in here i have to wait for it.

, id choose a s56/55 any day over a cb501. Ping is as good as any other imho

I like the Yonex Zero a lot. But nothing I've tried beats the forged Callaway X-Util Prototype. It has a rounded sole similar to a C-grind wedge which makes it awesome out of the rough. And it's long. VERY long. And straight as a bullet. Was going to try the Honma, but it was a long wait for the club to be built. May order one some day...

Browning 440 driving iron, my olf fella used to hit one of these bad boys 230m down the guts every time. failing that it might sound crazy but a ping zing 2..2 iron is by far the best and easiest driving iron to hit....ugly though it may be.

I have the Miura, but mostly just like to look at it... <g> Don't think they make it anymore, so you'd be looking for a used one. The Zero plays longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Yonex Zero a lot. But nothing I've tried beats the forged Callaway X-Util Prototype. It has a rounded sole similar to a C-grind wedge which makes it awesome out of the rough. And it's long. VERY long. And straight as a bullet. Was going to try the Honma, but it was a long wait for the club to be built. May order one some day...

Agreed.

No driving iron I ever hit was as good as the Callaway X-Utility Prototype. Scary long, even on mis**ts and very easy to hit. Have the 18,21 and 24 now.

Interesting, I'd like to try the Callaway, think they have it at the big box golf stores in my area, think I'll go give it a rip..... The OP mentioned the Miura CB 501, that's not really a driving iron mate, it's just a cavity back iron head, any actual driving iron will probably be a bit easier to hit, longer, and more automatic than a standard forged players cavity, the older Ping long irons mentioned were really good and very easy to hit.